Seniors at Epcot?

Partyof12

Mouseketeer
My husband and I (in our 60s) are going to Epcot. We don't want to go on any roller coaster or jerky type rides (I hurt my back on Back to the Future years ago.) What are some of the other attractions we would like? We expect to spend time browsing in World Showcase. Thanks

Most of the rides at Epcot are not bad. I would avoid Mission Space and Test Track though. I hear they have a slower version of Mission Space but I haven't been on it. The countries are good too--except the Norway ride which has a small dip (water ride). Imagination by Kodak is fun as is the Epcot Ball--I forgot the name of the ride. Avoid Body Wars too if it is open--they were refurbishing it the last time I visited. Soarin' is nice but you get lifted up into the air and watch a IMAX type movie.
Hope that helps.

At Epcot, about the only thing you might want to avoid is Test Track (and Body Wars, but I don't think it's operating anymore). The slow version of Mission Space isn't jerky, and unless you're claustrophobic, should be fine. Rides at Epcot are pretty tame -- which I like! And not because I'm 62 -- I just don't need the fear factor. If you haven't been to Epcot before, be prepared for a lot of walking --it's huge. I enjoy Future World, and sometimes have missed getting over to World Showcase for much browsing. I did the Segway tour last year and loved it, although my feet and legs were pretty worn out by the end of it (that was my 62nd birthday present to myself!) Soarin' is wonderful -- get your Fastpass tickets for it when you first get there.

I don't like the jerky simulator rides (like Back to the Future) either -- altho I'm the one who has to go on Dinosaur in Animal Kingdom with my grandson.

Have a great time!

My parents are also in their 60's and EPCOT is their favorite park.

Dad loves Test Track, Mom won't go near it.
They both love Soarin' and try to do it multiple times
Neither will do MS
The Norway ride they will both do.
Body Wars, can't remember since it hasn't been open for so long when we were there.

Hope that helps!

Spaceship Earth, Ellen's Universe of Energy, Journey Into Imagination, Honey I Shrunk the Audience, Living With the Land, El Rio de Tiempo and Soarin' are all wonderful attractions that you would enjoy. Have fun :goodvibes

It's better to tell you the attractions you shouldn't ride. I have a broken neck and the warnings for neck problems are usually the same for back problems. Remember that I've been on these attractions before my injury so I'm not putting anything on there that I would deem doable if it's even borderline.

Magic Kingdom:

all three mountains (although Splash is great except for the one drop)
The teacups

Animal Kingdom (the most no-nos)

Expedition Everest (gosh, I miss that one)
Kali River Rapids (because it spins through a drop and you never know which way it will land)
The Safari - this one could be iffy but it is jerky - you can see the animals from the walking trail instead
Dinosaur - very jerky and VERY loud
Primevil Whirl

Epcot

Test Track

Two I didn't include and the reasons why -

Maelstrom - the boat goes backwards and drops but it's a very small drop. You might want to make your own judgement. It's a neat ride with a nice film at the end. I haven't check to see if you can bypass the ride and just see the film.

Mission:Space - because the Green side is available (thank goodness). The only reason to miss this one is if you are clostrophobic. Or pregnant.

MGM

Rock N Roller Coaster
Twilight Zone - although you might appreciate the preshow and all the creepiness inside. You can go through the entire thing and use the express elevator right before you board the real elevators. That's what I do now.

Like I said, I've been on all these before and know why they are on the list of no-nos for me. You should be able to do everything else at Disney World.

Couple of beers in Norway, and then hit the Maelstrom. You'll be enjoying the best of Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter