Senior Pictures: how much to pay?

Chelley00

DIS Veteran
I am lucky enough to have a coworker who is a part time amateur photographer. He offered to take DS17's senior pictures, and did so last weekend. We spent about 1 1/2 hours, and he even took a few pictures of all 4 kids together. He's currently editing the pictures, but what I saw unedited on his camera were amazing.

I asked him today how much I owed him, and he said "Whatever". I hate that :rotfl: I asked him if he had a price, and he said he had a price he charged other people, but not favorite friends and family :) and to just pay him whatever because he really didn't care. I've been bugging him all morning and he refuses to name a price.

So, I looked at his website, and this is what's listed. We only spent about half the quoted time with him.

GRADUATING SENIOR
3 Hours of Coverage
Unlimited images given in CD/DVD format
Reprint release given with CD/DVD for full printing rights
Your choice of locations(s)
$300*

What would you pay?

I'd probably give him $200 if you're getting all of that as well.

I would honestly pay whatever the normal price is. But that's just me. We have friends that we hire occasionally and we know they are trying to pay their bills just like us. We use them because we know we will get the best service, plus we want to support their business.

I'd do the $150-200 since he is a close family friend and this is just his side job that he does for fun. If it were his only job, I'd pay full price, minus a bit for time maybe. Is he doing this as a gift to your graduating senior? This too could change how much pay he really wants/needs.

I would pay the regular $300 fee. I think that seems reasonable from what I know of senior pictures.

And you said they looked amazing! :)

Based on the less time, I would pay at least $200. If he's giving you the CD of the pictures, you're getting a bargain. Go to mpix.com for excellent prints. We did our daughter's wedding pictures through them, and their customer service was incredible!

Thanks everyone! I found out he had also taken pictures for a mutual friend, so I called her today and she said she paid him $200. I ended up doing the same, and also gave him the referral of someone looking for a photographer.

I too recommend mpix.com. My dd's pics were taken in a similar way. The photographer came highly recommended, spent 2 hours and the pics were gorgeous. She gave us the cd so that we could print the pics wherever we wanted. We uploaded them to mix and they came out perfect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter