• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sending Package Ahead-Time frame

bywheel

"My only hope is that we never lose sight of one t
My box to send ahead to the cruise boat is filling up fast! :goodvibes

I have all the infomation but was just wondering how far ahead do you send the box. Our cruise is the 20th of January.

I am curious about this too...we already have our box filled with dipes, sand toys and princess dresses!!!

Wouldn't it depend on HOW you are sending it? SInce, this is what it says for arrival times..

Sending packages ahead of time to the ship:

Each package must have the guest full name, ship, sailing date,
stateroom number and packing slip that details the content of the
package. For prescriptions, a copy of the prescription is sufficient.

Do not send bulk packages of water, they will be outright rejected.

Packages, boxes, gifts, etc:
(Excluding food, beverages (liquor, water, etc.), other chemicals and
luggage)

IDS c/o (Ship Name) / Ground Services
Guest Name / Stateroom #
9001 Marlin Street
Cape Canaveral, FL 32920

Packages must arrive by 5:00 PM on Friday for Saturday and Sunday
sailings. Packages must arrive by 5:00 PM on Wednesday for Thursday
sailings.

I am wondering too. We leave in 5 days for a DW stay before our cruise on the 6th. We won't be wearing our fancy duds until the cruise so I have been wondering if it would be better to ship them to the cruise before we leave or carry them with us.

Any thoughts would help!

We shipped a box of halloween treat bags, costumes and wine in Oct 2006 the week before our cruise. It was in our cabin when we arrived (way before our luggage got there). Worked out perfectly.

Hope to not sound too nosy but how did you ship it? FedEx or other? Did you just use the same info posted above? Any other tips to be sure it gets there?

I'm considering sending all our kid stuff (coloring books, pirate stuff, etc) ahead of time but would really hate for it not to make it. Just want to be sure I do it right.

Thank you!
-m

Not nosy at all. We shipped UPS and we used the address/shipping info listed in the post above. I understand that now they want a packing list of what is contained in the package. We didn't send one because I didn't know that I needed to do it. The box arrived anyway. I too was nervous that my box wouldn't make it. However, I understand that folks ship stuff ahead to the ships all the time. For us it was a great solution. I didn't want to pack/carry 50 halloween treat bags.

Hi All,

I have done this 3 times. Did it for our Thanksgiving Cruise 2006

It really depends on what part of the country you are from, & how you will ship it.

I live in the NYC area. It usually takes about 4-5 business days from NYC to Port Canaveral, when I ship Fedex Ground. I imagine, if you live on the west coat it will take at least 7 buisness days, or more. Best to call Fedex or UPS, & find out before you mail.

I don't take any chances, so I send it one week before, to be on the safe side. When you do,"follow it" with the tracking number, & that it arrives to the port before you. If there is any problems, you can take care of it before you arrive. Bring all the information with you in your suitcase, just in case.

I did follow mommasita address above & wrote a list of it's contents, no mention of wine which was very very "carefully" bubble wrapped. I have never had any problems. This time, besides the above, I send down some gift basket's that I made for family members. It was a hit.

Hope this helps.

Patricia

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter