sending box to resort

lrab1126

I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing
For those who send ahead a box of "supplies" to yoru resort, how farin advance do you send it and what mailing service do you use?

Last time I think I mailed it about 5 days prior via priority w/ delivery confirmation. Worked out AOK... I am just curious as to what others do. I am going to have a fairly large box this time too, it worked out so well last time that I decided I am putting more in this one and reduce my luggage packing even more ;)

We have used Fed EX ground on the last too trips because its cheaper and since my dad works there we get an even bigger discount. We ship soda,chips,cereal,disposable bowls,spoons,bread and peanut butter and jelly.We shipped big boxes and hard cases with the pop in it. We shipped it a week in advance and when we got there it was waiting for us. Everything had our name on it the resort address and name and a note that said hold for guest...... and our arrival date. We shipped a cooler filled with 20oz pepsi bottles and when we got to the hotel we stopped at the ice machine filled the cooler up and used it for our whole trip then when we where done we gave the cooler away with our planned cooler swap LOL.

If you use UPS you can get the transit time from their homepage www.ups.com under time and cost and enter in differnet weights to get an idea of the cost. From work I see that their ground service is about 99% on time. I would suggest having the box arrive 1 - 3 days before you arrive.

Tip: Make a copy of the shipping label and place it in the box just in case the shipping label some how gets torn off torn off. Don't forget to print a return label before you leave home and pack some tape to seal the box for the return trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter