Selling your plasma?

I was thinking about posting this question, so I'm glad someone already has. I appreciate the information. I've never done the plasma, but I understand it pays pretty well around here, so I've been thinking of trying it for some vacation moneys.

According to the website there is no height requirement. There is only a weight requirement of 110 or higher.

Dawn

Oh, I'm very familiar with her and her previous DIS persona. She's just delightful.:laughing:

There's a couple other threads that prove that-one on the Budget Board right now;)

Seriously. She's not the sharpest tack in the box, is she? :laughing:

:lmao::rotfl2:

I think the walking away from debt maybe isn't paying so well anymore if $55 a pint looks appealing.

Oh, she's been here before. :) When people come back as a "new" username, most have the sense to change their signature. :lmao:

I can't think of anything that she may or may not have posted previously in other threads under a different username that could excuse the posts that you guys are making in this thread.

yeah i thought people were being very judgemental as well...it isn't for drug money...it is for disney!

And AND AND get this she also could help someone in need of that plasma :D

So i say go for it! :) I have never done it, i was too short in highschool, my brother did it twice and never complained about it. we don't have a plasma location anywhere around here, but i have read that some of them have child care that is avalible for free, so you might want to check into that.

I can't think of anything that she may or may not have posted previously in other threads under a different username that could excuse the posts that you guys are making in this thread.

I think if you were familiar with her previous persona, you'd think differently. :)

I think if you were familiar with her previous persona, you'd think differently. :)

I don't care if she was DawnCT1 in a past forum life. This thread is about what it is like to donate plasma.

To the topic, I sold my plasma some when I was a poor college student. After a while, it began to hurt to do so, so I stopped.

I don't care if she was DawnCT1 in a past forum life. This thread is about what it is like to donate plasma.

To the topic, I sold my plasma some when I was a poor college student. After a while, it began to hurt to do so, so I stopped.

She isn't DawnCT1 (though she's floating around here, too :lmao:).

As always, you're free to ignore me. :)

Wonder if the OP considered selling plasma to pay off the debt she walked away from?

yeah i thought people were being very judgemental as well...it isn't for drug money...it is for disney!

And AND AND get this she also could help someone in need of that plasma :D

So i say go for it! :) I have never done it, i was too short in highschool, my brother did it twice and never complained about it. we don't have a plasma location anywhere around here, but i have read that some of them have child care that is avalible for free, so you might want to check into that.

I think people are skeeved by the idea of selling parts to pay for a vacation, but with this particular OP in general because she previously has bragged of charging tens of thousands of dollars on things, telling the credit card company she couldn't pay, then settling for pennies on the dollar. If you want to take at $15K vacation, do it. But to take a $15K vacation, tell Visa, whoa, sorry and pay them $500 and call it done......then people get upset. Probably not so much that she did it....but to come here advocating EVERYONE get in on the action.

According to the website there is no height requirement. There is only a weight requirement of 110 or higher.

Dawn

There is a height/weight requirement for a double red cell donation. I was confused ;) I have done that but not plasma yet. I thik it must be a similar proces though. With the double cell, the blood comes out, gets separated and then back in. I did feel a bit cold while it was happening but other than that it was easy breezy. I'm lucky that giving blood is not a problem for me so I like to do it as often as I can. I donate(not sell) a few times a year. My 16 year old just gave for the first time a couple of months ago and we are going again next month.

I think people are skeeved by the idea of selling parts to pay for a vacation, but with this particular OP in general because she previously has bragged of charging tens of thousands of dollars on things, telling the credit card company she couldn't pay, then settling for pennies on the dollar. If you want to take at $15K vacation, do it. But to take a $15K vacation, tell Visa, whoa, sorry and pay them $500 and call it done......then people get upset. Probably not so much that she did it....but to come here advocating EVERYONE get in on the action.

If VISA agreed to take a certain amount of money to satisfy a debt and the money was paid, then that debt is paid and I could care less what the person decides to do with any other money that he/she earned. If you would like to open a new thread about the topic, I'd love to discuss it further, but not in a thread that is on plasma donation.

If VISA agreed to take a certain amount of money to satisfy a debt and the money was paid, then that debt is paid and I could care less what the person decides to do with any other money that he/she earned. If you would like to open a new thread about the topic, I'd love to discuss it further, but not in a thread that is on plasma donation.

she needs to put some money in her checking account instead of overdrawing it to get 10 dollars worth of gas. she needs to do THAT instead of going to disney with her "plasma" money.

We'll I have very low iron so I know they won't take my plasma being anemic. So I have started taking some iron supplements this month to build up my iron. They are like 65 mg each. I just wonder how long it will take to build up my blood. The donation center is up to like 60 bucks a week. Pretty exited to get the chance to make a little extra easy money on the side for Disney.

We'll I have very low iron so I know they won't take my plasma being anemic. So I have started taking some iron supplements this month to build up my iron. They are like 65 mg each. I just wonder how long it will take to build up my blood. The donation center is up to like 60 bucks a week. Pretty exited to get the chance to make a little extra easy money on the side for Disney.

Eat foods high in iron as well, like red meat, raisins, prunes, spinach, collards etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter