• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Selling Used Textbooks?

i believe our tech school recommends to the students to buy on amazon. but, i would think any of these would work.

I just helped my son sell 2 back to Books4less and I was surprised that they gave him $87. One was not even hardcover. You enter the IBM number and they tell you what they will give you for it.

If they are still the editions being used at your local schools, please sell them on craigslist!

I'm a college student and I can't tell you how great craigslist is for used textbooks. It's so easy to meet somebody at the school and pay cash!

...Who wants to pay for shipping on a 3,000 page microbio or accounting book? :lmao:

i use half.com, but make sure you use "media mail" at the post office, or you can get whacked for shipping.

I just helped my son sell 2 back to Books4less and I was surprised that they gave him $87. One was not even hardcover. You enter the IBM number and they tell you what they will give you for it.

What is the website? There is no ..w.books4less.com

You can also try cash4books.net. I sold some of my old textbooks couple months ago and got about $160 for it. You enter the ISBN number, and they will tell you if they will take them and how much they will pay for it. Then, you box it up and take it either to the post office or Fedex with a prepaid label to ship it to them. If you choose to get paid via paypal, they will give you an extra 3%...that's what I did, and I got my $$ in my paypal account within couple days after they received my shipment.

Valore books....they pay your shipping, you print out a pre-paid shipping label and I received my check within days. I'm not sure the pay the most, but it sure is easy.

i use half.com, but make sure you use "media mail" at the post office, or you can get whacked for shipping.
True ... but students need their books NOW and not in the two weeks it can take Mediia Mail to get to them. I always offer Expedited shipping on textbooks that cost $20 or more. Most textbooks will fit in a large USPS Priority Mail flat rate box. Just make sure to use some left over bubble wrap or packing peanuts to keep the book from banging around in the box. You'll lose a bit on the shipping, but you will make the sale. FWIW, I sell books on Amazon to pay for my Disney trips.

Another vote for half.com.... just sold one this morning to carry to PO this afternoon:thumbsup2

I second cash4books.com - sold all my OLD textbooks to them last year and got more than I thought. I was on my way to donating them when i decided to check and found a few "diamonds in the rough"

Try cash4books.com. They buy them outright and pay shipping. They pay wholesale, but it beats worrying about mailing out 1-2 books at a time. They pay paypal and I've been very happy with them. I have a stack of books waiting to go as soon as I defend my dissertation next month. :cool1:

Our son sold all his college text books on half.com and did well pricewise.

I say half.com. I don't sell books, but I buy from there every semester and I've always been happy with my purchase. If students are pressed for time, they will buy at the local bookstore (used copy if available) or craigslist.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter