SELLING our house, HELP with fees...PLEASE!

paysensmom

DIS Veteran
Here is a list of the fees we are being charged, please help me if you can. Do all of these look right? :confused3 Thank you in advance :cutie:

attorney fees/doc prep $ 125.00
brokers fee 6% $ 5,694.00
courier/ express mail fees $ 50.00
Escrow fees (half) $ 150.00
taxes (prorated) $ 533.00
recording fees $ 25.00
residential service contract $ 336.00
tax certificate fee $ 26.00
Title policy-owners $ 809.00

Title fees seems high to me but again like stated above every state differs. The total seems about right.

couple other things that come into play:

any transfer tax fee ? (depends on the township)
brokers fee will depend on the selling price of the house
title insurance will depend on the selling price of the house

your realtor should provide you with an estimate of all these things

Looks about right depending on whats usual & customary to your location. Here we don't pay a title policy the buyers do but all the rest look good. Our Attys fees are 2-3x's what you're paying.

The only one I don't understand is the owner's title insurance. You buy this when you buy a home, not sell a home, unless you're paying it for the people who are buying your home.

The only one I don't understand is the owner's title insurance. You buy this when you buy a home, not sell a home, unless you're paying it for the people who are buying your home.
I agree with this. Unless there are exceptional circumstances, all Title Insurance purchase is the responsibility of the buyer. Normally it is required in the amount of the mortgage by the lender, and it is a good idea for the buyer to have themselves covered also.

And I've never heard of a "Residential Service Contract". I have only been involved with a few house purchases and sales directly myself, but as a CPA/Tax Preparer I have done lots of returns (involving about eight states) where clients have bought and/or sold homes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter