Selling Our DVC-- Tough Choice!! And Questions

kgforce

Arizona Newbies
I'm sad to announce that we have made the difficult decision to sell our Disney Vacation Club contract. We are moving to Arizona in a few months, and our kids are school age now, so I know we won't be able to visit WDW as regularly as we have been. We are going to use the money from selling our DVC contract to open an account to help pay for the kids' private school tuition. Let's see.... Mickey Mouse or a Classical Christian education for our kids? Hmmm.... yes, it was a tough choice!! We'll have to give Disneyland a try!

Anyway... I'm kind of a do-it-yourselfer, so I'd like to try and sell it without using a broker (I'm also a bit of a tightwad and hate having to pay a commission!). Has anyone here had success selling a contract on your own? If so, how did you do it? Advertise on TUG2.net? Sell on eBay? What closing service did you use? Any help would be appreciated!!

FWIW, that last little bit of completely unnecessary information looks like as close to an ad for sale as I've ever seen.

Not interested, but thanks.

Well my suggestion is still to use a broker. They have an advantage in marketing and they provide the intermediary function that is often quite helpful in putting deals together. I have used Pat Spell at the Timeshare Store and highly recommend her and them.

But if you want to go it alone, eBay, Tug, Redweek, MyResortNetwork, Timesharing Today are good places to advertise. As for closing -- Timeshare Closing Services, Inc.. I am sure there are others but these folks know the DVC product and process.

Given there are strong rumors on the board about a Calif DVC, I'd hold on a bit loner.

JimMIA said:
FWIW, that last little bit of completely unnecessary information looks like as close to an ad for sale as I've ever seen.

Not interested, but thanks.

?????? :confused3

There was some information in the original post which could have been construed as an advertisement to sell the contract. kgforce removed that info with their edit.

Hey, we live in Arizona, and we still find time to make a trip or two to WDW every year.... ;)

FYI South West airlines always has great rates and direct flight 3.5 hrs. DH and I live in Oregon and joined DVC last year. If you can swing it try Disneyland 1st then see if you want to sell your contract. I do not like going to disneyland and would rather spend the extra travel time to WDW. We take always have to take 2 flights one 2.5 hr and another 3.5 hrs. But it is worth the trip.

profdsny said:
Given there are strong rumors on the board about a Calif DVC, I'd hold on a bit loner.

A DVC at/near Disneyland? I wonder where there would be able squeeze it in?

You may want to consider renting your points and keeping your contract. A decision to sell could be made later.

In one of my trips to Disney I had the opportunity to speak with a retired couple who moved to Orlando. They indicated they were DVC members and sold their contract since they were living in Orlando. They felt they made a mistake because they have family visit and it is enjoyable to stay at Disney. Anyway, just a thought.

If you decide to sell you can use: ebay, Tug, and redweek.com, just to name a few. When I purchased my DVC contract and Marriot I used the Timeshare Closing Service, located on 7345 Sandlake Road, Suite 303, Orlando, Fl. 32819. The phone number is: 407-370-2373.

I would also suggest that you check out Tug2.net for additional information about timeshares. There is a wealth of information to be found on that site.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter