Selling of GAC Card on Ebay for $1,000!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I can throw in my 2 cents for a moment (and I'll put on my flame-resistant suit), perhaps the auction should just run it's course.

As someone who sells (legitimate!) items on ebay, if you have a listing pulled by ebay, your fees that you pay are usually refunded to you. Versus if you have a listing end without a winning bidder, you lose. With a 1,000 price tag, is anyone really going to buy this? The seller would likely lose more money and be less inclined to try it again. If his item keeps getting pulled down by ebay (and he is persistent enough), he could continue re-wording it and re-list it over and over again. He seems arrogant enough to continue trying this over and over again!

Again, just my 2 cents. Believe me, as someone who loves Disney and also sells on ebay (it usually financises our Disney trips), I HATE seeing people abuse both systems. Just thought this might be a better solution? :confused3

The GAC's free and pin costs $1,000? That's like trying to scalp tickets and saying the tickets are free but the envelope sells for $1,000. Won't fly. That auction's on borrowed time.

If I can throw in my 2 cents for a moment (and I'll put on my flame-resistant suit), perhaps the auction should just run it's course.

As someone who sells (legitimate!) items on ebay, if you have a listing pulled by ebay, your fees that you pay are usually refunded to you. Versus if you have a listing end without a winning bidder, you lose. With a 1,000 price tag, is anyone really going to buy this? The seller would likely lose more money and be less inclined to try it again. If his item keeps getting pulled down by ebay (and he is persistent enough), he could continue re-wording it and re-list it over and over again. He seems arrogant enough to continue trying this over and over again!

Again, just my 2 cents. Believe me, as someone who loves Disney and also sells on ebay (it usually financises our Disney trips), I HATE seeing people abuse both systems. Just thought this might be a better solution? :confused3

I do see your point. With the change in wording that has already come due to the pressure from today it is less likely to sell than before. I don't know the ins and outs of Ebay very well at all. I sure would like to see this seller lose their money!

I'm not saying the auction is right but there is no use getting worked up over this one person because the way it is set up if you think disreputable people aren't going into guest relations and asking for one when they don't really need it your kidding yourself. They can't ask for proof and some of the things I've seen suggested to people to get a GAC for on this board would be pretty simple to get one for. Just like any good thing people will abuse it and it will be changed or come to an end.

I agree with letting her have to pay the Ebay fee and if someone buys it and uses it well they will have to answer to a higher power than me eventually.

Just thought you might be interested in this:

This person of quality is also selling Rider Switch passes (Ebay ID #270155214789) that expire on 8/18/07 a day after the bidding ends. But the thing that gets me is the following quote:

"note: They are not really harsh on accepting switch passes that have an expired date. I myself have been issued passes that already expired. So don6 be discouraged about the dates. I am disclosing the dates as a courtesy."

What gets me is that it already has four bids!!! :eek:
This is the type of person that makes me scared to use Ebay.

I did notice at the bottom of the page, it says if you have any questions about the pin, please email me, as the pin is what I'm actually selling. :sad2:

Noticed this person also has MK and MGM fastpasses up on a different auction. :headache:

What you should do is pass this along to the Contact Me at the WDW web-sight . They will have them pulled right away or even better they may bid on them and trace to where the money is.

I'm not saying the auction is right but there is no use getting worked up over this one person because the way it is set up if you think disreputable people aren't going into guest relations and asking for one when they don't really need it your kidding yourself. They can't ask for proof and some of the things I've seen suggested to people to get a GAC for on this board would be pretty simple to get one for. Just like any good thing people will abuse it and it will be changed or come to an end.

I agree with letting her have to pay the Ebay fee and if someone buys it and uses it well they will have to answer to a higher power than me eventually.

Oh no, I know that the system gets abused by others. However, if I can stop one person from doing it then I've atleast helped the situation. That's just they way I'm thinking about this auction....it's one way to help.

someone was selling one a few months ago for $400 and no one bid on it. Have to see what happens with this one.

someone was selling one a few months ago for $400 and no one bid on it. Have to see what happens with this one.

That's what I'm hoping for....if they don't pull it :)

Oh, and hi, by the way, I see you're in Atlanta. I'm in Lawrenceville just a bit up the road.

I was ready to report it until I read your post...good thinking...let's hope others agree and you are right:thumbsup2

That's what I'm hoping for....if they don't pull it :)

Oh, and hi, by the way, I see you're in Atlanta. I'm in Lawrenceville just a bit up the road.

My grandmother lives in Lawrenceville and I scrapbook in Buford. I'm in the neck of the woods a lot.

I'd like to report it to Disney, but I can't find where to report it to. Does anyone know? I think it's a CM too and if it is, that really stinks!

Well, there's always been the notion that Disney does skim these boards.

If we keep it on the first page long enough, maybe Disney will catch it that way.

I just looked at this persons feedback on ebay and they have sold renter passes to kali-river-rapids and and switch passes to everest last week...it also shows in the current auction there is 2 available?
--------------------------------------------------
they also have more fast passes listed at this time
-------------------------------------------------
Walt Disney World
Rider switch Pass Lot

Here for sale we have Tinkerbell Pixie Dust PnThe winning bidder will Also receive free a lot of 9 Disney MGM Rider Switch Passes and a lot of 9 Disney Magic Kingdom Rider Switch Passes. Each ticket is good for up to three people on the same ticket. If used properly, you can get a total of 54 rides out of this auction. All you do is walk up to the Fastpass entrance to the ride you choose, hand them the ticket, and get on the ride with a minimal wait time. These are great for those hot humid Florida afternoons
------------------------------------------------------
it states NOT FOR SALE on tickets and she is selling them plain as day without the disguise of a pin (and has bids) should we report that auction?

Well I sent the scum bag a question basically asking why is this pin so expensive-is it made of rare diamonds, did Walt make it, etc?

I wonder what kind of response I will get & I do have a Disney name on ebay, actually it is my dh's but I use it.

Ughh....people really tick me off & that is putting it politely. What I really want to say I can't but just imagine.

The lemon spelt Stitch 'Sticth'

Also apparently Rock n Rollercoaster is now called 'Rocking Rollercoaster'

I think he has made these mistakes on purpose though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter