Selling my points

BuzzLiteyear

To infinity and beyond....or just drop me off at t
I know that we won't be using our 2016 UY points. When can I sell them? Beginning of 2016 or do I have to wait until our UY month (June)?

Why not bank them into 2017?

I won't need them in 2017 or the foreseeable future. Our next visit will be December 2017 and that UY points will cover it. The next after that at least a year later.

You can keep banking if you want. Use 2016 points for 2017 trip, 2017 points for 2018....forever

If it were me, I would not bank them. (You're not actually selling them, you are renting them.)

I would wait until they become available next June and then post them as a transfer instead of renting. I don't know where you own but you can transfer to another owner (same resort) looking for more points and booking at 11 months. This way it is a completed transaction and you don't have to worry about any of the issues that can arise from renting.

I transferred points to another owner when I bought a contract that had points I did not need at the time. Worked out very nice for everyone involved.

Does that mean before June 2016? That's probably a stupid question, but I've never sold/rented points before :duck:

You can make reservations at your home resort up to 11 months in advance of check in or 7 months in advance of check in at a non home resort. So at this time you could book your home resort for a stay starting Aug 3rd, 2016 or earlier. If the points are 2016 points you could also borrow them for a rental prior to June 2016 but I'd have the payment prior to that or just rent for a stay starting after June 1, 2016.

If it were me, I would not bank them. (You're not actually selling them, you are renting them.)

I would wait until they become available next June and then post them as a transfer instead of renting. I don't know where you own but you can transfer to another owner (same resort) looking for more points and booking at 11 months. This way it is a completed transaction and you don't have to worry about any of the issues that can arise from renting.

I transferred points to another owner when I bought a contract that had points I did not need at the time. Worked out very nice for everyone involved.
You don't have to wait until the UY starts to transfer. June 2016 points could be transfered now.

You don't have to wait until the UY starts to transfer. June 2016 points could be transfered now.
Kathy, so that would mean you can borrow and then transfer? (I thought only June 2015 are current UY and 2016 would need to be borrowed as they are not available yet) The DVC website says you can't transfer borrowed or banked points. Have you done this? I would like to know because I might look for a transfer down the road when my grandchildren are a little older. I will look for a transfer rather than renting if possible.

Last edited:
Thank you for all the information. I will think about this before I rent / transfer them.

Kathy, so that would mean you can borrow and then transfer? (I thought only June 2015 are current UY and 2016 would need to be borrowed as they are not available yet) The DVC website says you can't transfer borrowed or banked points. Have you done this? I would like to know because I might look for a transfer down the road when my grandchildren are a little older. I will look for a transfer rather than renting if possible.
No, but you can transfer up to 2 years of points at any time. If you think about it 2016 points are already being booked with so if one weren't able to transfer them they would be behind. They transfer as 2016 points. If you did borrow then they could not be transferred.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter