Selling DVC Contract

moran66

Mouseketeer
Hi we are looking into selling one of our DVC contracts. I think I know the best site to deal with but I was wondering if anyone looked into the commission rates which site is the lowest? thanks!

Try DVCmagicresales.com I think their commission rate is 7%.

This is run by two former Fidelity workers, Sharon and Rachael.

I'd check with several of the long established. At least one or two had offers for lower commissions in the past month or two also. I'm sure to match what the new company is doing.

Most don't require exclusivity, so you can list with multiple brokers. I think only Fidelity requires an exclusive agreement.

You also have to remember that the !0% the broker earns in the sale of your contract isn't much compared to 6% for a house sale. They aren't "showing your house", but they should be handling everything to make the sale clean.

I've bought and sold with The Timeshare Store -- longtime sponsor of the DIS DVC boards -- a total of five transactions. Every detail of every transaction was handled perfectly.

Also if you check the listing prices between the various websites, you may see that TTS prices are a bit higher than some other sites. Fidelity, in particular, tends to be bargain-basement because Disney refers owners of "distressed" contracts to them. That may be fine if you are a buyer looking for a low-ball price -- but, as a seller, you are probably much better off with TTS.

I have sold a few contracts and had very good luck with The Timeshare store. Commission was 10% and at the time, was the going rate for all. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter