Selling but which contract

katieandemismom

DIS Veteran
We are most likely listing some of our 450 points due to life changes and priorities. Do you think we would be better off listing a 150 point extended OKW contract or 2 Akv contracts (100 points and 50 points)? They both have full current year points.

I hate to do it, but my girls are growing up and playing ball now. We can't just disappear for a week in the fall any longer.

Do you have a preference as to which resort you want to keep the 11 month window at? That would affect my decision, for sure. If not, I would list the OKW contract. It seems like the resale market is very saturated with AKV contracts right now, and prices have been dropping. Good luck!

I have a feeling I will also be sad when it comes time to sell some of our 650 BLT points, for the same reason you are doing so now... :sad1: I wish the kids would grow up slower!

The rooms are bigger at OKW for the 4 of you. The points are about equal if not for the value rooms at AK. . If you price them right they will sell .

Small contracts sell faster and you can sometimes get a higher price for them.

We are most likely listing some of our 450 points due to life changes and priorities. Do you think we would be better off listing a 150 point extended OKW contract or 2 Akv contracts (100 points and 50 points)? They both have full current year points.

I hate to do it, but my girls are growing up and playing ball now. We can't just disappear for a week in the fall any longer.

Unfortunately, both of those contracts have pretty low resale values at this point. Would you consider renting out the points or do you not want the hassle?

I would think that a 50 point AKV contract would fetch you the best price because smaller contracts are in higher demand. Owners looking to add on with your specific UY will pay a higher amount. To a lesser extent, the 100 point AKV might get you a similar result.

Good luck in whatever you decide!

Another vote for selling the smaller contracts. I think you will get a better price for the smaller contracts.

Could you list both the small AKV contract and the extended OKW contract and see which sells first? That way you could pull the other off the market if you wanted to. While I agree that small contracts sell quickly, I think there are plenty of people looking for OKW extended contracts, and they are not very plentiful, so I think that could be an easy to sell as well.

I had no trouble selling either my VGC or AKV contracts- we kept our OKW. We had 200 points at AKV, but I also had banked points and full 2012 points to give the buyer. I am happy with the price I got also as my priority was to sell quickly vs. hold out for top dollar. The market will bear what people are willing to pay, just like in any real estate transaction so you really have to price your contract competitively or it will languish amongst the others for sale. I'd go with selling the smaller contracts as indeed people looking to add on will want the smaller ones, esp if they are fully loaded. In the future though would YOU prefer the 11 month window for OKW or AKV? That would factor in to my decision. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter