Sell me on your vacuum cleaner.

corie161

DIS Veteran
I think my beloved Oreck vacuum cleaner when kaput. I got it from my grandma. I am contimplating a new Oreck because I was very happy with it. Extremely lightweight and easy for the kids to use :rotfl2: .

I'm willing to entertain other ideas, epecially if they are cheaper! (The cheapest Oreck is $299. I've had a dirt devil and I hated it! It sucked (pun intended)!

We have a Eureka bagless. It's cheap and works well but it's probably a bit heavy for kids to use.

corie161 said:
I'm willing to entertain other ideas, epecially if they are cheaper!

Well than forget mine, it was $1500 (Kirby)

Pooh67_68 said:

I was going to say the same thing! I LOVE my Kirby! But it isn't cheap (we got the salesman down to $900) and it isn't lightweight. But it's the best vacuum I've ever had!

I have the expensive Dyson here and it is heavy as well. But boy does it suck!
I would like an Oreck for the kids however.

The Mystery Machine said:

Is this a good suck? Like it has good suction? Or a bad suck, as in "it sucks, don't buy it?" :rotfl:

I have a Hoover Windtunel (with bag, not the bagless kind). At the time I bought it, it was $250. I wish I'd spent the extra $30 at the time and got the self propelled one though, it's heavy. I do like it though, seems to do a very good job. I don't know if they still make it though.

We moved and now have hard wood floors in all but two rooms (soon to be one, we're pulling the LR carpet and refinishing the wood floor beneath it this winter) so even though the Hoover could stand to be replaced (starting to get beat up) I can't justify buying a new vacuum for one medium sized family room!

I had a Wind Tunnel and HATED it. The hose was too short, it was heavy, didn't suck when I wanted to.
Now I have the Kenmore model that Consumer Reports recommended a year or two ago. LOVE it!!!! Hose is long enough and it came with an extension one. Isn't too heavy for the kids. Has a special setting for Berber carpet so it doesn't trash it. Etc.... LOVE it!!!

I love my Roomba, and since it vacuums for me, there's really no contest! :rotfl: I don't have pets or a huge house, so I think it does an excellent job of cleaning. I use it almost every day. I have not touched my upright since July when we moved in. I use a Swiffer vac for the kitchen and bathrooms. If the house catches fire, I rescuing the Roomba! :teeth:

I wish I could sell you the one I have! We have a Kirby and I absolutely hate it. It was DH's when we got married and he refuses to get anything else. :rolleyes: It is way too heavy and it cumbersome to switch to the various accessories.

Pooh67_68 said:

:earseek: :crazy2:

My DH would kill me if I bought one of those. I've heard they are great though. I just can't justify it...I don't even like to vacuum.

The Mystery Machine said:
I would like an Oreck for the kids however.

My Dyson really sucks too. I have the animal one. After owning numerous other assorted expensive machines, the Dyson is in a class of its own! I will never own anything else but a Dyson.

Dyson lovers here. Besides that it sucks big time, their cutomer service is awesome. I have called twice for parts that I have broken ( and it was totally my fault) can you say fall down the stairs with a vaccuum on your arm? And I tell you, the parts were here within 48 hours no questions asked. My husband suggests that I build a Dyson from parts ;) and sell them on ebay

mikesmom97 said:
I love my Kirby too!!! :love:
Yes it is expensive & heavy but... works great as far as suction!

All I can say is our Kirby sucks and not in a good way. I have complained so much about it that I have finally refused to use it. DH has to do the vacuuming now.

kidshop said:
I love my Roomba, and since it vacuums for me, there's really no contest! :rotfl: I don't have pets or a huge house, so I think it does an excellent job of cleaning. I use it almost every day. I have not touched my upright since July when we moved in. I use a Swiffer vac for the kitchen and bathrooms. If the house catches fire, I rescuing the Roomba! :teeth:

I can look at Roombas the same ever since I saw the SNL skit on the "Woomba"! :rotfl2:

Add me to the Dyson lovers! I have the animal model and does it ever pick up the cat hair! I especially like the attachment for upholstery. Does a better job than any similar vacuum atttachment I've ever owned!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter