Sell me on your stroller for bigger kids....

marshallandcartersmo

DIS Veteran
I know this topic has been posted and discussed before, I just can't find the thread now.
We'll be going to Disney w/our 7 & 4 y/o boys in November. We had planned on renting a double stroller when we get there, but since I saw the prices of rentals jump through the roof--it's about cheaper to buy one. We have a little umbrella stroller, but I realized today after walking in our local March of Dimes walk, that an umbrella stroller isn't going to cut it for us. The 4 y/o was cramped, there was no room for the small amount of things we had on the walk, I can't imagine all the junk we'll be toting when we go to WDW. DS4 is not a very big guy, 35 pounds now (maybe a few more in November) and fairly short for his age.

What's a good stroller for us that won't break the bank, will be big enough for DS4 and will have a good resale value when we're done using it (which should be right after the trip since we're not stroller people anyway, just need one for the walking at Disney).
I posted this question on the Families board too, but haven't got much response.
TIA

I'll give you a bump. :Pinkbounc You may want to post this on the, Disney for Families, board too. I've seen lots of threads about strollers there.

We just used the umbrella strollers. Most of the time the kids wanted to walk. When they were really tired, they used them just long enough for a break. It worked for us. I was glad it did. I liked that they were so compact. I had a system for loading the handles. And they had to let me know before they got up!

HTH! :)

We loved our MacLaren Umbrella stroller it made 3 trips to WDW.

Our DD(3) uses her wagon for everything. DH bought one of those nap pads and put in it for cushion and also bought an umbrella that screws on the side but you can buy those items through Radio Flyer also. Just a thought.

I know you can buy the Macleran Volo at Target now and those are supposed to be pretty sturdy.

If you went much more expensive than that, I'd be afraid of it getting stolen at WDW.

Our DD(3) uses her wagon for everything. DH bought one of those nap pads and put in it for cushion and also bought an umbrella that screws on the side but you can buy those items through Radio Flyer also. Just a thought.

I'm pretty sure you cannot take wagons into the parks....

OP - I'd just go with a decent yet still cheap umbrella stroller. I have something like this I use at DIsney for my little guy.

http://www.stroller.com/strollerumb-miamoda-facile-flame.html

This question has been posted many, many times on the boards...and it seems that overwhelmingly the vote is for the Maclaren Volo. It's $99 at Target but you can get it brand new much less expensively at ebay. Great resale too.

Maclaren Volo will best fit your request. The Silver Cross Micro and Inglesina Swift will also do the job.

You can't go wrong with Maclarens. WDW doesn't allow wagons.

The park is filled with much higher end strollers than Maclareans and in all my years as a CM and now reading these boards I've never heard of a stroller being stolen. Leave your camcorder on the stroller while your on the attraction and THAT might get stolen but not the stroller itself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter