Sell me on CBR please!!!!!

Mac4life30

DIS Veteran
I can't get POF or POR so we might have to take CBR. What are the pros? Also does it have double or queen size beds? Thanks

While POFQ is our first choice home away from home- we love CBR too. Well the kids and I do- my husband isn't quite as in love with it as we are! The beds are full size, not queens which is why there is a lack of love on my husband's part.
I like the theming, the beaches with hammocks, the playground is nice. The kids love to walk around the resort and explore. The main pool is fabulous, and if you have little ones the small kids area is fantastic.
We rarely had any issues with buses taking too long while we were there, but we usually travel during off season.

I have only stayed at CBR once but thought it as very nice. I love the bright colors and music around the resort. it has a good size food court with a wide selections of food items. However my DH also did not like it but it's mainly because he has been spoiled by WL. I'm sure you will love it. I know I like it more than POR.

I love CBR! The tropical feel is so relaxing, not to mention beautiful. I've stayed at POR too and honestly like CBR better. Go for it and enjoy your island getaway.

I was about to come ask for the same thing.

We really liked CSR, but I wanted a preferred room location this time. I feel like such a spoiled brat complaining.

I've heard the CBR rooms are a little bigger than the other moderates, so that will be nice. And the pool looks great.

These are some of the pluses

-close to epcot and Hollywood studios
-close to epcot=close to monorail
-nice rooms with double sinks
-pool with waterslide
-great landscaping
-Table and Counter service restaurants
-water play area ( if you have kids)
-quiet pool in each village
-each village has it's own bus stop
-beach volleyball
-buildings only two stories tall(not a lot of stairs to climb)

We stayed at CBR many times. In fact it was the first onsite hotel we stayed at. Also there is a rail with really pretty material that you can pull across the vanity area for privacy. We found this invaluable as we had little kids at that time. The resort is beautiful and OPR has a lot of food options. I would try to get into one of the closer buildings without getting into a premium building to minimize the walking. I do have to agree about the beds though. It is now the only mod that still has double beds. I hope that changes soon. We booked POFQ for our Christmas trip because of the bed size at CBR. DH and I would be very uncomfortable sleeping together in a double bed. Queen we can do but double is just too close quarters for us. I think you will like CBR. My kids still talk about it. The pool is pretty cool too. It is patterned after a Spanish fort. I would look at a resort map, decide what building you think you would like and ask to be put in that building. Disney wont guarantee it but they will do everything possible to grant your wishes.

Totally coming here for the same thing! We had a reservation at POR but switched for the RO - any savings is needed. I'm regretting it a little - mainly for the boat and convenience to DTD.
I'm hoping our family love and beaches and the Caribbean will make me feel better about it! DH is happy bc savings covered a flight....guess it's all about perspective. I am a little nervous about the double beds....

we LOVE!!!! CBR! we live in Illinois, so we love the theme. palm trees!!! and it is so colorful and cheery! they

the quiet pool are nice sized and so close to the rooms for a quick afternooon dip. the beaches are so pretty, with the hammocks.

the main pool used to have only a small slide , just like POFQ has. now they also have a bigger tube slide for the bigger kids and adults.

also there are 2 hot tubs. one near the entrance to the pool and one behind the water slide, which is quieter.

from the bar area (lots of tables) you have a great view of illuminations. (ok, not as good as being there, of course). the food court is closer to the mai pool than it is at POR, definitely much closer than CSR.

if we don't pay for preferred we request jamaicaor aruba, right across the bridge from the main pool.

the island you walk across is really cool in and of itself. even if you don't HAVE to walk across, do so.. an dnot just straight across. walk around it and explore, little nooks and crannys'

Cbr is AMAZING!!!
Beautiful resort. Buses were always great n on time. I recommrnd a preffered room in martinique. Right on top of everything :)

Cbr is an awesome resort, never had any problems at all on previous stays and continue to book there most of the time. We have stayed at deluxe resorts as well but really miss cbr when we stay elsewhere!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter