• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sell me on Caribbean Beach!

bama-mom

640 miles from the Mouse
Originally booked in a Royal Room at POR, but today we switched to CB to get FD for the fall. We love POR, CB just doesn't look as pretty! Also, we booked a pirate room and now I am worried about how far away it will be from everything. Do the pirate (or any of the others) have queen beds or just full size?

Those who love CB---tell me I am worrying for nothing! :confused3

So thankful we will be able to get FD, but so sad they EXcluded so many resorts this time.

We stayed in a pirate room 2 years ago and it was really fun. The boys were 7 and 8 at the time and still talk about that room! Yes it is a walk to the lobby and main pool, but it's very pretty :)

We were there in late May/end of June and never had any real issues with the buses.

Have a great trip.

Originally booked in a Royal Room at POR, but today we switched to CB to get FD for the fall. We love POR, CB just doesn't look as pretty! Also, we booked a pirate room and now I am worried about how far away it will be from everything. Do the pirate (or any of the others) have queen beds or just full size?

Those who love CB---tell me I am worrying for nothing! :confused3

So thankful we will be able to get FD, but so sad they EXcluded so many resorts this time.

We loved CBR for the followings reasons:

- beautiful grounds
- relaxing caribbean atmosphere
- great food court
- great bus service (we found them quick and efficient)
- pool was a lot of fun with a great pirate theme

All rooms at CBR have double beds.

Thank you! I think what I am worried about most is having double beds instead of queen that we would have had at POR. I know that is silly, but we are a family of 4 that needs room when we sleep! haha :)

CBR has the largest rooms of all the mods 340 sq ft instead of 314 at the others. With double beds that means that there is a bit more room to spread out when you are up, at least.

The CBR beach theme is awesome and the walk around the resort very pretty. The pool and food court are great! Lots of quiet pools too. If you like POR then you won't mind the multiple bus stops. The only real down side are the double beds.

It's funny because for most of my life I have slept on double beds, but now we are in a queen it feels hard to go back. It really isn't so bad though. We manage fine when we stay at the values. Hopefully you will be OK.
Meanwhile, I believe that the rehab at the CBR will bring queen size beds? If so, perhaps you can request a queen bed room, if available, when you get there. The pirate rooms may be staying as doubles, though.

Good luck! The CBR is a beautiful resort!!!

We stayed there in 2012 with our 5 boys. Jamaica 45. It was perfect. Close to bridge, close to quiet pool (which we used everyday) and close to the bus stop.
My husband and I sleep in a king at home, it was not an issue to sleep in a double. The boys were 14, 12, 10, 6 and 3 when we went, had 2 rooms connecting, they shared beds, it was fine.
Very relaxing resort, beautiful. Great food court.
You will love it!

We stayed at CBR a few years ago, before the renovations. I loved it. My DD and DSIL did not. I think that CBR is a beautiful resort, colorful and tropical. It is also gynormous! I would suggest that you take advantage of a preferred room if distance to the food court and feature pool is important to you. Well worth the cost, IMO. I also think that you should prepare for the bus stops, because there are a lot of them. Not a deal breaker for me, but for some, they are an annoyance.

To be honest, if a code discounted this resort stay enough to consider changing from POFQ, I would do it. I love POFQ, it is my favorite mod, and one of my favorite resorts overall, but I also like saving money. CBR is lovely, has Shutters, a nice TS restaurant, and a bangin' pool. It has a huge gift shop, plenty of beaches to relax on, hammocks to enjoy the beaches, and a large food court. I found the service there excellent, the CM's friendly and the grounds gorgeous. I also found the food court to be loud, but that was okay for me.

The fact that you booked a Pirate Room concerns me. They are the farthest from everything, which is why they decided to theme them. Plus, they do not have the standard mattress and spring combination. Both do not fit into the pirate bed frame.

Can you call back and maybe get a preferred room instead?

Thanks, all! Yes, I am also concerned about the distance with the pirate room. I will probably get them to change that---after I break it to my 7 yr old! :)

Thanks, all! Yes, I am also concerned about the distance with the pirate room. I will probably get them to change that---after I break it to my 7 yr old! :)

Tell him he will be closer to the pirate pool area in a standard room. Maybe that will help.

We stayed at CBR a few years ago, before the renovations. I loved it. My DD and DSIL did not. I think that CBR is a beautiful resort, colorful and tropical. It is also gynormous! I would suggest that you take advantage of a preferred room if distance to the food court and feature pool is important to you. Well worth the cost, IMO. I also think that you should prepare for the bus stops, because there are a lot of them. Not a deal breaker for me, but for some, they are an annoyance. To be honest, if a code discounted this resort stay enough to consider changing from POFQ, I would do it. I love POFQ, it is my favorite mod, and one of my favorite resorts overall, but I also like saving money. CBR is lovely, has Shutters, a nice TS restaurant, and a bangin' pool. It has a huge gift shop, plenty of beaches to relax on, hammocks to enjoy the beaches, and a large food court. I found the service there excellent, the CM's friendly and the grounds gorgeous. I also found the food court to be loud, but that was okay for me.

Couldn't have said it better. This is exactly how we feel.

Tell him he will be closer to the pirate pool area in a standard room. Maybe that will help.

This is exactly what I would say. Pirate pool or Pirate room. And pirate pool is would be! Seriously, that room is a distance from the central areas of CBR, so unless you are okay with walking or taking the internal bus shuttle, I would not even let the kids have a voice in room choice. I am all for kids having a say in their vacation, goodness knows we welcome my DGD opinions, but in the end, convenience and cost have got to factor into teh choice, and I am not at all sure young ones can separate one from the other until they experience it themselves.
I remember one young Mom who stayed out in those far away rooms, and she was exhausted. If it is work to get to OPR, or to the pool, then the fun stops, not only for the parents, but for the kids because in the end, who takes them to the pool the arcade the food court, etc?

I am in the same boat. I will need to change a POR reservation for FD. The resort looks nice. How is the beach?

Sarah

I am in the same boat. I will need to change a POR reservation for FD. The resort looks nice. How is the beach?

Sarah

Every village has their own beach and they are all really nice. They get manicured every morning and look awesome. Just an FYI, there is no swimming in the lake. This is true at all WDW resorts and not just CBR. But I have found a bunch of people unaware of that fact.

We stayed at CBR this spring and loved it. This is after 4 deluxe stays and I was a bit nervous. But it was great. The pool is amazing and there was a pretty good variety at the food court. I'd definitely book preferred over the pirate room!

We stayed in a pirate room at CBR. Our boys were just shy of 3. We didn't think the walk was that bad and my boys loved the room. Seriously, we walked to the pool in 7 minutes with the boys in the stroller and 10 with my two year olds walking. Yes, I timed it because I heard how long it was. It was a beautiful and tranquil walk. Also, we found the beds to be very comfortable (since I had heard they were not on the Dis). We would gladly stay In a pirate room again.

We had our first stay at CBR last year and loved it. We were in Trinidad North, so nice morning walk to the foodcourt. The quiet pool near our room seldom had anyone there. Despite being there for a holiday week, we found the resort to be very peaceful and relaxing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter