Selfie sticks are banned, but tripods ARE STILL OKAY!

Thanks for posting that, Missy!

Can I assume you'll be doing a trip report on Disneyland? I'd love to see how your visit goes and where you guys watch (and photograph) the night shows there.

Thanks for posting that, Missy!

Can I assume you'll be doing a trip report on Disneyland? I'd love to see how your visit goes and where you guys watch (and photograph) the night shows there.
Yep, there will definitely be a DL/D23 Expo TR. Now I just need to finish a few of the ones I currently have going. :rotfl2:

Yep, there will definitely be a DL/D23 Expo TR. Now I just need to finish a few of the ones I currently have going. :rotfl2:

Yeah, I understand the feeling. :)

Can't wait to read about your visit to the west.

Yeah, I understand the feeling. :)

Can't wait to read about your visit to the west.
Thanks! I think I finally have some workable touring plans and Franklin is getting excited to photograph all the new 60th anniversary stuff!

Thanks! I think I finally have some workable touring plans and Franklin is getting excited to photograph all the new 60th anniversary stuff!

I think we'll be there in October, so I'm hoping to hear some feedback on your trip before we go!

I don't know anything about gun laws in Florida but could someone visit a park with a concealed weapon?

ah ok. I actually expected some ridiculous law about how its unconstitutional to tell Americans that they cant carry a gun. I'm pleasantly surprised

Thanks for the link.

I was happy to read this one: Short, brand name GoPro handles are allowed. I hate the GoPro harnesses, and they are useless without one of the handles.

ah ok. I actually expected some ridiculous law about how its unconstitutional to tell Americans that they cant carry a gun. I'm pleasantly surprised
It is a policy, not a law. Any business can set policies like this to protect patrons. Of course, if someone breaks that policy Disney's only recourse is ejection. They can't arrest someone for breaking their policy.

I seem to recall a year or two ago, someone snuck a gun into AK and then forgot it on Dinosaur. Or maybe I'm just getting forgetful in my old age and this never actually happened.

[Sorry for going off topic]

Once I had my leatherman multi tool taken away at security because it had a small knife on there (carry it with me to the parks just in case stroller decides to breakdown and wife had pepper spray removed from her bag. We got both back from security when we left. No idea why those are banned.

Thanks for the link.

I was happy to read this one: Short, brand name GoPro handles are allowed. I hate the GoPro harnesses, and they are useless without one of the handles.
I'm glad those handles are still allowed, it's hard to use the GoPro without it. And I refuse to strap the GoPro to any part of me.

Once I had my leatherman multi tool taken away at security because it had a small knife on there (carry it with me to the parks just in case stroller decides to breakdown and wife had pepper spray removed from her bag. We got both back from security when we left. No idea why those are banned.

You have no idea why pepper spray is banned? I guess you must be new here! Check out one or two of the many, many "rude guest" threads and you will see that if pepper spray were allowed Disney would have to hire 6 extra nurses to deal with pepper spray injuries after every parade and every fireworks show. The entire park would be a cloud of spray as people went after each other for line jumping or holding up iPads to block views or whatever.

And if concealed weapons were allowed, there would be a homicide every day.

How is a multi tool a concealed weapon. More pedestrians are hurt by ECV's than by multi-tools and pepper spray but I can understand the pepper spray being in the hands on an idiot.

Good to hear! Thanks for posting!! :-) Fireworks are one of my favorite things to photograph, and it's pretty tough to accomplish without the use of a tripod. I'm always aware of my surrounding and try my best to keep my tripod out of the way of people watching the fireworks. A little courtesy goes along way. And I've been know to search quite some time for an inconspicuous place to set up.

Good to hear! Thanks for posting!! :-) Fireworks are one of my favorite things to photograph, and it's pretty tough to accomplish without the use of a tripod. I'm always aware of my surrounding and try my best to keep my tripod out of the way of people watching the fireworks. A little courtesy goes along way. And I've been know to search quite some time for an inconspicuous place to set up.
Have you met my DH (@Pixel Dust)? You guys would get along great, he lives to photograph the fireworks.

How is a multi tool a concealed weapon.

I think you answered your own question.

Many people take a Leatherman into the park if security doesn't see it. However, they saw yours and while you were thinking of it as a repair tool, security saw that it included a knife.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter