• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Self Party Posse Sept. 10th Magic

:banana: This is my first post at the self party posse thread. Wanted to say hello to all of you on the Magic Wedding cruise. I suffered from withdraw but I still have disney all around me everyday. But there is not a lot of confetti. I'm so ready for the next cruise!!!

Hey! I just realized it's YOU David! Wow! I'm quick! :o) Welcome!

Donnica, look at you trying to find out the name of the nice 22 year old Canadian newlyweds! I think they must be hiding from you!!!! Let them go back to their "regular/non-Carlos n Charlies" lives. I think you brought them a little TOO MUCH PARTY!!!! :rotfl: Christina was talking to some Canadian 22 year olds on the pre-cruise meetup thread. I wonder if they were the same people? Hmmm....

David, David. How much do I miss you? You are such a great guy. You were so good to take such care of us. And you have some wicked sweet dance moves. For real. I can't believe that we don't get to just hang out whenever! Nobody brings the party like you! No wonder you had groupies. You are the perfect Disney Cruiser.

44381138.jpg

! SELF PARTY !

That is THE Self Party photo!

Here's good one of your dearly beloved husband giving a lecture on proper pirate decorum!

piratelecture.jpg

And one of Mr & Mrs Pirate!

mrmrspirate.jpg

Yo SPP! Oh my god. This is what is so funny. I actually TOOK those photos. I've seen them what...10 times now, and I am at work and just saw them posted on this thread and totally busted up laughing right in the middle of work! THAT's how kick butt this cruise was. And just so you know we have way MORE pictures where these came from. heh heh heh...

Dave Party: You are in the most magical place on earth and you are lamenting the lack of confetti? Man you have cruise fever REAL bad. We might have to put you through quarantine at Castaway Cay for a while. Bet you'd like that huh? :sunny: In all seriousness though, we LOVE you David! :grouphug: We had so much fun with you and we miss you! I SO wanna go on another cruise with all of the SPP. Unfortunately I think the soonest I can get time and $$$ to cruise is 2007. :( But maybe there will be some killer destinations by then and we can do it up in a 10 day cruise or something. I miss all you guys and it stinks that we're all so darn busy WORKing (yuck) and that we can't have a cruise reunion right now!!!

I suffer from lack of bahama mamas, margaritas, konk koolers, sea breezes....
the list goes on... :rotfl:

I also suffer from lack of DECK PARTIES! Woo hoo!
Going out on my porch and dancing around doesn't help. We don't have any of those fancy dancers in my neighborhood who know how to do the Mickey Macarena perfectly.

::MinnieMo stina

How about this? Even if we can't cruise again soon, next time we are in WDW, we'll rent a pontoon boat and have a mini-cruise. I'll play Rachel our cruise di-rec-tor.

Yay!!!!!! David joined our thread! Welcome David.
man I miss all you guys too. It's great having sucha great time doing something but then when you try and come down... man it's b*tch! We have to quit cold turkey, it IS as hard as they say it is!

LOL I brought TOO much party to the Canadians? Well hell they are young... they better learn to keep up now or get left behind!!!! To party with us is not for the faint hearted. :earboy2:

Hey to all members of the self party posse!!! I miss you all on a possibly unhealthy level. First off I want to thany y'all for making our wedding cruise truly amazing!! :grouphug:
As I was not a member of the dis-group thus far i just read the back postings and nearly wet myself laughing!! (granted the Donnica shimmy :rotfl2: in BOB's is still in the lead for the item that made me laugh most on the boards)!!!
I have a couple of comments and questions for the back postings - sorry i know i am behind!!!
1. David I knew you had some SWWWEEEETTTTTT Dance moves :dancer: but from the posted picture I feel a career change may be in your future!!!
2. Could I possibly be any more trashed on pirate night???? pirate:
3. I know I enjoy me some dancin' and some chicken fingers but i didn't remember a picture combining these favorite past times!! That i will need to see!!! :cool1:
4. to Christine: the around the world menu was in reference to epcot world showcase restaurants specifically!!! :drinking1
5. The rays are not altered in Grand Cayman and that is why GC is where I will continue to play with my ray friends, not in the penned off, defense mechanism removed sham on castaway!!!!:fish:

Alright enough for now - can't wait to see you all soon!!!! ::MickeyMo

Hey Jay!!! So glad you joined us. Thanks for the answer about the Around the World menu, oh great DCL swami. Is there anything you don't know? Why didn't I ask you in the first place? I will know better for next time. When in doubt, ask Jay & Jenn!

To make up for the fact that you look (are) wasted in the pirate photo, here's one of us for the 5 minutes that we cleaned up and looked like normal average people:

formalnight.jpg

Here's the dancing & eating photo you requested...don't think those are chicken tenders, but this is the one I have:

jaydanceeat.jpg

And for good measure, another photo of us looking normal...the whole posse...this was the first day, like 5 hours into the cruise.

firstdaygroup.jpg

And because I can't leave off on a normal note...

80svogue.jpg

Last night when I was leaving a hard day at work, I starting singing the Humpty Dance to myself, then cracked up, out loud!!! This last photo also made me crack up at work...twice now! Good memories.

Love those photos! Thanks for posting those Christine. They make me laugh over and over and over. And the good news is, that I sent all my 561 photos to Shutterfly yesterday so they should be up online soon, and everyone can see them. I must have at least 50 of just 80s night. There's so many if you look at 'em quick it's like frames of a movie. But they are all worth it, couldn't toss any because every second we had another ridiculous dance move or something.

Welcome back jay!!! Knew you'd appreciate those pirate photos...arrggh...ye could not be any more trashed! But you're so much fun!

Jenn: love your idea of getting a pontoon and having our own cruise on the Seven Seas Lagoon!

stina
::MinnieMo

Honestly I just laughed out loud again at the newly posted pics!! :rotfl: Thanks for puting them up so quick!!!
After we studied the picture in question-What is jay actually eating while rockin-out at rockin' bar d???- we conclude that they were in fact chicken, however, not tenders but rather drumsticks from the buffet in the hall!!!
I gotta head out to work now -SEE-YA!!!!!!!!!! :wave:

Gotta ask you, Jay--how many napkins are required for a person who dances while eating? What ya got there, 45 napkins?! If you were that worried about getting messy, ya shoulda sat down! :rotfl:

I wish we would have taken a photo of the hall buffet waiters watching us on 80s night. Every once in a while, I'd look over at them and they'd be bustin' a move, and then when they saw me looking, they'd straighten up. Like I could judge!

I found a photo of Heather's boyfriend. She and I were fighting over him, I think.
80sjosh.jpg

She said those Mexican cab drivers didn't hold a candle 80s Josh... :love:

80s Josh was cool, but 60s Josh and 70s Josh were pretty rad too. And don't forget about Deck-Party Josh, he was bouncing off the deck he was so energized. Dang, we had great entertainment staff! Hannacanna: I think there are some good shots of Travis on 80s night as well, he was rockin out with those Axl Rose stretch pants.

Yeah, those waiters serving the buffet right outside Rockin Bar D were totally grooving. And when I'd look over they'd straighten up. But they were getting down to the Humpty Dance as much as the rest of us.

Jay: notice how almost all our photos of you are drinking or eating chicken?

...so is Heather LEGEND in Cozumel now? :rotfl2:

God bless the Self Party Posse!

stina ::MinnieMo

Welcome JAY!!!!!!!!!!

Ok not only do I not feel SHAMED that I was sick and had to leve 80's night a little early but.... :::looking down biting my lip saying this::: I don't know the Humpty Dumpty. :confused3 I know... I know!! Please... still be my friends.

Right now I would like a plate of chicken tenders and either a bahama mama or a "Joman special". Ok so a Konk Kooler would be ok too. I did see the Konk Kooler recipe online for any of those out there feeling the NEED.

You know we all sound like a bunch of Dis junkies right?

I have always been a proud Dis junkie - I mean I am 29 and have been to disney world on 70+ seperate trips- I have hooped it up :Pinkbounc (gone to the hoop-dee-doo in fort wilderness) 35 times!! So junkie is an appropriate title - however i do not want a 12 step program i just need to get my next fix!!!!!! :earboy2:

Luckily my wife :love2: and I just figured out that we are leaving the 29 of October for a little land lovers Disney fun and frolic- NOT SO SCARY HERE WE COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :maleficen

I have also decided that i want our lives at home to resemble the laid back nature we embody while cruising!!!! Drinks all around first rounds on us!!!!!!!!!! :drinking1

do we have the rockin-est thread or what? still on top!

hi jay!!!!!!

i completely approve of our disney junkie status. though jay i think you got most of us beat as far as sheer # of visits.

donnica: if it's any consolation we missed you so much on 80s night. as you can see we were all totally out of it and comandeered the dance floor after the evening's festivities. we even had a bunch of voyeurs which was a little odd but we kept drinking so we didn't care. :teeth:

stina ::MinnieMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter