Select 4E (previous category 5E) Verandah Pictures... finally!

I was OP, I updated the title. This thread is quite old and I actually think it got merged with another at some point along the lines.

These rooms have gotten crazy expensive (& quick!) compared to when we booked. I booked the Fantasy in 10/10 & paid just under 4k for 4 of us.

We will never be able to afford to sail in one of these if the prices remain where they are! :scared1:

:thumbsup2 That's an awesome price, enjoy the cruise!

Just off the Dream and can vouch that 5156 (port, aft) and 5158 have the curved verandas/railings that provide a feeling of openness and great views. We were in 5156 on a 5-day that ended this last Sunday. 5156's veranda curves on the left side and 5158 would curve on the right.

There is actually some separation between the verandas and only a minimal amount visible at the curve so privacy is not really an issue.

Thanks Simbasmom. Do you know anything about this room other then the extended balcony? I am very curious. I am hoping there will not be too much noise close to the elevator.

We have 5156 booked for upcoming cruise :cool1:

SeaHawkeye - would love to see the pics of the cabin! :thumbsup2

It does not appear to be a connecting cabin on the deck plan but I wondered if it is or not? Also, does The Dream back into Castaway Cay? Would the port side of the ship have a view of the Family Beach or not?

We are excited to have the 5E! :goodvibes

We have 5156 booked for upcoming cruise :cool1:

SeaHawkeye - would love to see the pics of the cabin! :thumbsup2

It does not appear to be a connecting cabin on the deck plan but I wondered if it is or not? Also, does The Dream back into Castaway Cay? Would the port side of the ship have a view of the Family Beach or not?

We are excited to have the 5E! :goodvibes

It backs in at CC so port side will have a view of the dock. Starboard has a view of the beach.

I was able to grab 5650 this morning. So excited!!!!!. :banana::banana:

Been checking every day since we booked on board.

If anyone has photos please put some up or send them to me. Want to surprise my kids for Valentines Day.

Guess we will be part of the 5650 club now, is there a thread?

We are sailing December 1st to San Juan.

Ok after looking at a lot of photos, I am a bit confused over the deck 5 excitement.:confused3 People are asking about privacy about the people next to them but what about all the decks that can look down on your verandah? ? I would rather have a normal sized one that is truely private. Not one people above me could take my pics like in the pictures. thanks for helping me that my decisions to avoid deck 5 to be a smart one!!:thumbsup2

Ok after looking at a lot of photos, I am a bit confused over the deck 5 excitement.:confused3 People are asking about privacy about the people next to them but what about all the decks that can look down on your verandah? ? I would rather have a normal sized one that is truely private. Not one people above me could take my pics like in the pictures. thanks for helping me that my decisions to avoid deck 5 to be a smart one!!:thumbsup2

Yes, others can look down but the verandahs on deck 5 still have the same square footage that is covered as upper decks do. So if you want privacy, you can still sit close to the door and you can't be seen from above. With the extended verandah you have the option to sit in the sun which you don't have on upper decks. I don't think it's deserving of cat 4 status because of this. When I booked mine, it was still a 5E

Yes, others can look down but the verandahs on deck 5 still have the same square footage that is covered as upper decks do. So if you want privacy, you can still sit close to the door and you can't be seen from above. With the extended verandah you have the option to sit in the sun which you don't have on upper decks. I don't think it's deserving of cat 4 status because of this. When I booked mine, it was still a 5E

I understand more room but on the others I can stand right to the glass and still be mostly private. I definitely wouldn't want to lay out with some kid spiting down on me....lol unfortunately not All the kids have the values and respect my kids have been raised with..........I agree it doesn't deserve the cat 4 status....size isn't everything....oops...

Getting nervous about my room 5150 on the Fantasy. Looks like it will be over McGills Pub. Sounds like it could get noisy during football games.

We were in 5652 on the Dream a few weeks ago and LOVED it. We are a family of four and it was so nice for all of us to sit on the veranda at the same time. We rebooked 5652 on the Fantasy for next year, but this morning I was able to move to 5650. Super excited!

We didn't have any problems with noise and I loved the location. We were just around the corner from the kids clubs, but at the end of the hallway so we didn't have any traffic. It was so convenient being close to the aft elevators and stairs.

It never bothered us that people could look down onto our veranda. I really never felt like we were on display or anything like that.

I know this is an older thread, but we just booked this room on the Fantasy for 2013... But is it listed as an OV Deluxe Family Stateroom with Verandah b/c of the square footage (299), but then I read that this is not a family sized with the extra chair and round tub. It is being sold as a family 4E now.. Can anyone tell me which size it is?

Thanks so much!!

Can anyone tell me which size it is?

It's the size of a category 5 room, and does not have the round tub. It's confusing when they label it as a category 4, but that's what they've done since the extra large verandah is now considered desirable.

It's the size of a category 5 room, and does not have the round tub. It's confusing when they label it as a category 4, but that's what they've done since the extra large verandah is now considered desirable.

UGH! Thank you for clarifying. We will have to consider this. ;) I thought it was too good to be true! ;)

We are cabin 5656 and will be sailing in 17 days! I will post pictures on our return. I had post a thread a while back asking for photos and someone was kind enough to reply with them and it was the same size. Cannot wait!

Getting nervous about my room 5150 on the Fantasy. Looks like it will be over McGills Pub. Sounds like it could get noisy during football games.

I was reported on a few different message boards that during the Q & A session for TA's on the Fantasy a few weeks ago this question was asked and that the cabins above the bars on the Fantasy are much quieter than those on the Dream as DCL realized there was a noise issue and they added more sound proofing material installed between these two areas.

I was reported on a few different message boards that during the Q & A session for TA's on the Fantasy a few weeks ago this question was asked and that the cabins above the bars on the Fantasy are much quieter than those on the Dream as DCL realized there was a noise issue and they added more sound proofing material installed between these two areas.

Interesting...thanks.

Ugh! I thought this was my secret and I have kept quiet about it. Now I know there is a whole thread. In any case, when we booked, we were automatically assigned stateroom 5150, but it was first room in hallway so we moved to 5656 which is just down the hall on starboard side. We have the huge verandah plus views of castaway cay. And since we have DD9 and DD7, it is perfect for us to be this close to the Oceaneers Club and Lab. Also, I like that the elevators are so close...just zip up or down! And stairs are nice to get to the adults area.
We are cruising dec 14, 2013. Anyone else?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter