Seizures and stress

toodycat

DIS Veteran
I had been seizure free for 20 years and then had a seizure last summer which my neurologist attributed to lack of sleep, lack of food and jet lag. Everything was going pretty well until this week when a family member and a friend I was close to both died within two days of each other. I traveled to Florida for one funeral and then had to return to another immediately. I wasn't lacking sleep or food, but I woke up and had a seizure the other morning. Has anyone else had a seizure as a result of stress? I've never really had a seizure I couldn't trace to lack of sleep, lack of food or forgetting to take my medicine before. I would really appreciate any insight or feedback. Many thanks.

:hug:Stress does strange things to your body. I had a stroke last June that the doctors could find no reason for except the stress of moving, the end of school, and retiring all within a three week period. They found no blockages, etc.

Have you talked to your doctor about it? What did s/he say?

Hope this is the last one--I know it is very disturbing--not knowing if things are escalating.

A close friend gets them with high stress, stress can trigger all sorts of health problems.:hug:Hope your stress level goes down.

Her triggers other than stress are meal skipping, lack of sleep, skipping a med dose, and getting too hot/

So far stress has not caused seizures in me, my triggers seem to only be high fevers and/or high CNS pressure.

Thanks. This week definitely qualifies as high stress. I have a doctor appointment later in the week and will ask her then.

As said stress and lack of a good diet (which often is an outcome of stress) can cause all sorts of health issues since it throws the bodies chemestry of line.

Just think of the event as a signal to put yourself first and take care of yourself

bookwormde

Thanks, bookwormde. My neurologist just said much the same thing. It turns out that part of my problem is that I've been getting in shape. More muscle means I metabolize my meds more rapidly. Also, my pills are extended release, so they were running out before it was time for the next dose. I feel much better now that I know why this happened.

Glad to hear that you got a very easy to understand reason for what happened.Congrats on getting in better shape.May your stress levels improve as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter