Segway Tours . . .

John E.

October's trip can't come fast enough!
I took a chance last night to see if I could book a Segway Tour around Epcot during my trip in early October and I was so glad they had a few slots left! I can't wait - that should be fun! Every trip I like to try a few new things I have never done there - this time its Segways, Sea Raycers and a night or two at Jellyrolls! :banana:

A question. I booked the tour on my AMEX card. Do they charge it now or at the time you take the tour?

I am in the process of getting a Disney VISA card and will have it for my trip, can I pay for the tour on that and get my 15% discount even though they already have my AMEX card?

Any input on that would be great, as I booked it on my card for the whole party and I know they would love the discount as much as me. :woohoo:

You will love the Segway Around the World Tour! We've taken it twice now because we love it so much. Worth every penny.

They charge your credit card at the time of booking. Now, I have called, scheduled our tour, then called back 5 days later and canceled and rebooked our tour for another day. (Our Epcot date changed!) They gave me no problems. They refunded the first payment on the card, then processed a new payment. I don't know if they would let you do that to switch cards (and therefore get a discount), but you can always try!

Have fun!! :)

When I booked mine, my CC was charged in full at the time of booking (I got busted on the surprise for DH that way, he saw the bill), but was also told that you can cancel up to 48 hrs before the tour for a full refund. Perhaps after you got your Disney Visa, if you call they will allow you to cancel and immediately re-book.

I had to call back for a partial refund after I booked because I didn't realize there was a AP discount, and it was no problem for them to put the difference back on my card. I think there may also be a AAA discount for this tour too, but they can't be combined so we just used the AP discount.

http://allearsnet.com/btp/tours.htm

Be sure to check for any discounts that you might be eligible for, such as AP, Disney Visa, AAA, DVC, etc.
They will apply a discount after you book, they are very accomodating about that.
Are you taking the Around The World, or the Fort Wilderness Off-Road tour?
I've done Around The World twice, I'm dying to try Fort Wilderness, if they still do it. I know it was being test marketed recently.

There is a AAA discount. When we went this past July 4 we received the discount off our Epcot Segway tour through AAA. At that time the Segway tour at FW was in the testing stage and was about $20.00 less then the tour in Epcot. Not sure if they are still doing the Segway at FW.

Linda

Thanks for the advice :thumbsup2

I booked the World Showcase segway tour. We LOVE WS and the combination of learning to ride a segway PLUS getting to roll around WS when its empty was too inviting to let slip by! I'm not sure how good we will be at riding them, some of us are not so coordinated, but it seems most everyone gets the knack of it to some degree.

I am hoping to call Disney Tours up when I actually have the card and see if they will honor the discount switching to the Disney VISA card. I know it has a 9/30 deadline, is that for booking it or the date you are booking to use it?

I felt the same way about the Epcot tour as opposed to the one at FW. It seems much more interesting touring around the countries in Epcot while that part of the park is closed as opposed to touring the trails at FW. We have done the Segway tour at Epcot twice and next time we might try the one in FW. My boyfriends son (who is now 18 and has done the Epcot tour with us twice) would love to try to "off roading" on at FW.

As far as being coordinated, we rode these with no problems. (we are two adults in our late 40's). When we did the tour this past July 4 we used the new Segway, which were much easier to drive and steer then the ones we used in April of 06. My only problem was I kept trying to steer it like a car with a round wheel - but I got the hang of it in no time. The other problem we had were our ankles started to get stiff and tingley as you keep your balance with your feet. It you try to relax they do not get as stiff and what I would do was lift one foot alittle off the footbed of the Segway and rotate my foot.

Happy touring,
Linda

Thanks for the advice :thumbsup2
I am hoping to call Disney Tours up when I actually have the card and see if they will honor the discount switching to the Disney VISA card. I know it has a 9/30 deadline, is that for booking it or the date you are booking to use it?

I think you'll have to call 407-WDW-TOUR for that info.
Good luck and have fun! :woohoo:

I loved the Fort Wilderness Segway tour, it was so much fun. I am a big fan of Fort Wilderness anyway, I liked feeling like it was a more rugged type tour. :)

I booked the World Showcase segway tour. We LOVE WS and the combination of learning to ride a segway PLUS getting to roll around WS when its empty was too inviting to let slip by! I'm not sure how good we will be at riding them, some of us are not so coordinated, but it seems most everyone gets the knack of it to some degree.
On Nassau, we did a Segway tour during a RC cruise in July. My mom thought I was nuts for booking this, as I'm disabled and have balance problems and muscle weakness.
It was a blast! It took me a little bit longer than everyone else, because I had to adjust more with my wacky balance, but I did get it. We had the all-terrain models, and were going up and down hills, and over rocky ground. By the end, I was weaving side to side for fun and racing my dh.

So I bet everyone will be pros by the time you're done!

I think a CM at Innoventions told me the segways at FW are the all-terrain models.

I loved the Fort Wilderness Segway tour, it was so much fun. I am a big fan of Fort Wilderness anyway, I liked feeling like it was a more rugged type tour. :)

Would you mind telling us more about it? :sunny:
How long does it last?
Do you go very far?
Do you see more than just woods?
How many people on the tour at one time?
Any other details that are interesting?
Thanks! :wave2:

I have the Birnbaum coupon for 10% off Segway Experience (Epcot) for up to 4 guests. Coupon expires 12/31/07. If anyone is interested, PM me with your address and I'll put it in the mail.

How long does it last?
Do you go very far?

This tour is still in testing phase and from what I heard there will be an evaluation at the end of this month or in the next months to come to see if it will become a permanent fixture.

Another :thumbsup2 for the Segway tour! DW & I have done it twice & thoroughly enjoyed it both times. Hoping to try the FW version next trip.

segways.jpg

How long does it last?
Do you go very far?

I have information posted here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1500970

I need to call them and see how it's going (as far as whether they will continue it). The guys know me pretty well there now, I've stopped by a few times since then. The test phase was extended until 8/31, but they may know by now what they are doing after that.

The tour takes up to about 10. A lot of what you do see is woods, but it is a more adventerous type trip, which I like. You do pass by the Wilderness Lodge, and it is two hours. The tour seems to be very well liked so far, I was on the tour around the 3rd day it was offered.

I don't think I'd enjoy any other Segway tours as much. If I had a large piece of land, I would definitely think about getting one of those rugged Segways! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter