Segway tours Epcot?

MyMuse - we did the segway tour of Celebration after doing the 2 different Epcot Segway tours (the other one only ran a year or two, I think it's discontinued already) I loved the Celebration one. They let you really get those things motoring!

I would highly recommend the Epcot Segway tour. Any of the tours are great for an adult trip. :thumbsup2

Other nice things to do as a couple are carriage rides at POFQ or visit a Disney Lounge (we like to lounge hop for dinner, most of them have some delicious noshes as well as soft & hard drinks) We usually stay at the Swolphon & they have a great pool bar that has great food, so we like to spend an afternoon (or 3) there, swimming, eating, hot tubbing, maybe having a boat drink......

I did Keep Moving Forward about two weeks ago. I tried to get two spots for my dad and me, but I managed to get just myself in with less than 24 hours' notice since they happened to have an extra space. I have since told my parents that both of them should do this tour together.

joe%2520segway.jpg

Pluses:

• Top-notch instruction - Jan and Torsten did a fantastic job making us feel confident and comfortable on the Segway. Jan really emphasized that the Segway will do the work of balancing for you, and all you really need to do is stand on it comfortably. Additionally, both instructors gave us plenty of time to practice inside before we went out and started interacting (willingly or not) with Guests and with the World Showcase attractions.
  • Comfortable pace - I never felt rushed at any time, nor did I feel like the tour was going too slowly. We had plenty of opportunities to get out of the sun once we were outside, and we never went too quickly or too slowly for anyone in the group.
  • Unique experience - Where else can you slalom around the columns in Italy, navigate the Japanese gardens on quarter turns, and see Epcot without getting totally exhausted?

Minuses:

• We couldn't keep the Segways the rest of the day. - I definitely understand why Disney doesn't want hordes of Guests riding around on these things in their parks, particularly during Food and Wine, but I would want to see more applications of Segway technology to make more interesting guest experiences elsewhere at WDW.
  • Hard to book - I called multiple times to try to get my dad and myself into a tour together, but it just wasn't to be. It's very popular - call as early as you can. The idea only came to me about two weeks out (mainly because we thought they'd cancelled the Segway tour, when they'd actually just "plussed" it), so maybe it was just the short timeframe.

We did a photo session in world showcase for our engagement and I saw the segway tour. It looked like they were having a lot of fun so I booked it for our upcoming trip. I think the best part is being in world showcase before it officially opens. You really get to appreciate your surroundings!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter