Segway tours - anyone done them??

ChrisHartman

Mouseketeer
My DH really wants to try a Seqway tour, has anyone done the ones that are offered at Epcot or Wilderness Lodge? What were your thoughts? Was it worth it? If you had kids with you, what did you do with your kids in the meantime?? :confused3

My DH and I did this as part of our adult only 15th anniversary weekend 5 years ago. We had a lot of fun (of course, DH always has fun!). At the time is was worth the money - not sure of the cost now.

We're doing one next month..the one in Epcot that takes you through WS. My dh and dd, 16, will be going with me. Here's hoping it's fun. I'll be sure to post about it that night!!

Dh and I did this a few years ago for his 40th B-day. Our two boys stayed with Grandma and met up with us after Epcot opened. We did the 7:45 tour. It was great. I would do it again. They were very easy to ride and it was nice to be in the park while it was empty.

We also did an early one in Epcot, it was so much fun and you have a guide with you all the time and he was so informative:wizard:

The best part was shooting around when the park was empty:cool1:

My DH and I did BOTH of the Segway tours last October. We really enjoyed both of them!

However, be aware that the Wilderness Lodge one does far less training, they sort of assume you've already taken the Epcot tour, and so, already know a bit about how to operate the Segway.

So my suggestion would be try the one at Epcot first, get their more extensive training. Also, the offer several different tours, at different times, at Epcot - we took the longer tour (more expensive, of course). My suggestion is to take the longer tour, but also don't book the last tour of the morning - you'll run into a lot more people out and about, maybe even in the World Showcase.

Take one of the earlier Epcot tours, and you'll have the World Showcase to yourself (it's nicer, quieter, and actually easier to get around without people).

We don't have kids, so can't help you there, other than to say you cannot have them with you on the tour, even if they are walking, as it's tour specific people only.

Have fun!!

DH & I have done both the Epcot one and the Wilderness Lodge one and this August we are doing the brand new Nature Inspired tour at Epcot! :cool1:

DH adores Segways!! :thumbsup2

we did Epcot in 2007 and will be doing the Wilderness Lodge tour this December.
Definitely worth the price at Epcot. Plus you get a good discount is you pay with a disneyvisa card. no discount for the WL tour.

It was pretty neat being in an empty World Showcase.

We did it at Epcot and it was by far the most fun tour we have done. Our kids were older so they came with us. :)

DW & I have done the World Showcase Segway tour twice. Loved it! I'm hoping to book the off-road tour for next trip.

I have only done the World Showcase one. Starts in Innoventions or whatever they call those buildings in Future World.

First, you pick a helmet thing (which they require you to wear) and watch a video. I think it was a safety video. All I really remember is that it was very boring.

Then you learn how to use the Segway: how to balance yourself on it (hardest part for me!), how to go forward, around cones, how to stop, etc. Then you head out to the World Showcase.

It's a lot of fun riding the thing through Epcot. You ride through parts of a couple pavillions that you wouldn't think you'd be taking a Segway into. I really enjoyed the riding and especially enjoyed the little bit of free time. :)

We stopped to have our pictures taken in that little space near Italy - the one they always block off for private parties when it is time for Illuminations. You can take your own pics of each other or the guy will take it for you.

You have to stop and listen to a tour guide talk about the pavilions. If you're interested in an actual tour of the World Showcase, you'll appreciate that...but there really isn't enough of time spent doing that to get too in-depth.

I really think they should have two tours: one walking tour for info about the World Showcase (and better than the old "Hidden Treasures" one) and another just for zipping around on the Segway. Just MHO.

I took the tour because I wanted to ride a Segway. For me, it was "worth it", but that's one of those things the differ from person to person. Next time, I'll take one that focuses more on the riding and less on a tour. :)

We have done both--the Epcot and Fort Wilderness tours. Loved them both, but if I could only do one, i would do the Fort Wilderness tour. A lot more riding time, and riding through the trails in the woods and around the lake was pure pleasure! Loved it!:yay::yay:

Loved the Fort Wilderness tour! Being able to go "off road" was great. And the guides took our pictures with the Castle in the background! Beautiful.

I'm thinking of doing the World Showcase one in December.

We booked one for the first time in September. It's our 10th Anniversary and we are going WITHOUT the kids:cool1:. This is the main reason we booked the tour, because we weren't sure if we would ever go again without the kids and the kids clubs seem to open only at night. Maybe call the resort you are staying at? I really don't think there is anywhere open during the day for daycare, but not sure. I've never looked into the pirate cruises for kids, but I think they are around 2 hrs which wouldn't give you quite enough time.

There are THREE Segway Tours. Everyone knows about the Epcot WS one and the Ft Wilderness one but the third one is the Nature Inspired Tour at Epcot (it's 3 hours and you ride behind the scenes and do short tours of the land, the sea and then get FOTL access to top row of Soarin).

We have done all 3 and liked the WS one the best, Ft Wilderness one second and the Nature Inspired one third. All of the tours have governors on the Segways to keep the speed down which takes away part of the fun (we've ridden in Paris and the Bahamas at full speed and that's a lot better) but we loved the trivia about the World Showcase that was part of the tour.

I highly Recommend it!

DS18 and I did the Epcot Segway tour May 14 2010 ! We absolutely LOVED it!
We did the 8a tour...and when we were heading back at the end...it was fun to have the entering crowds see us...parting to make room for us to pass...

It was as if they thought we were employee's ! (One little girl...watching us whiz by... said loudly... "NO FAIR!"... LOL)

DS LOVED it.... we meandered around pillars in Italy, over bridges in Japan, throughout Morocco... very fun to manuever the segway..and I'm GLAD they had the hour "training" because I REALLY Needed it !

Thanks to OP... for asking because now I'm learning about the 'behind the scenes' 3 hour one at Epcot... I'll want to try that next !
Mary

100_3423.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter