Segway Tour at Epcot

Mainepinpal

Mouseketeer
When we were at Epcot in November, we were told that one could book an early morning tour/experience and learn how to drive/ride a Segway. Evidentally, you get some instructions and practice, and then go on a guided tour of the World Showcase lands before they officially open ( so you don't run over lots of other people when it is busy!!)
Has anyone done this? How would I book it?

thanks!
Mainepinpal

Book ASAP because it fills up. I've done the tour twice and it is simply AMAZING! Expect to learn about the WS and learn how to operate a really cool piece of machinery! One of my favorite parts is the room that you are trained in. There are pictures of EPCOT in stages as it is being built. Hard to keep your eyes off, especially while being a new Segway operator! You'll make fast friends with the other riders too since usually everyone is starting off with the same experience level - NOVICE! The instructors are patient and kind. This is a don't miss experience! And, at the conclusion of your tour you receive a commemorative pin (at least that's what happened up to last July). ENJOY! :moped: (Not quite a Segway, but what the hey!)

Hi Penny,
:wave2:
DH and a friend did the Segway tour on the 19th.
Each LOVED it!
It is suppose to last two hours total. Theirs went almost 2.5 hours.
They both said it was well worth the $. We paid around $68 each (AP discount).

Glad to hear the good reviews. DH and I are doing this tour in May! Hope I'm not the first one to wreck!!
We booked our tour in February, we think!

My DH will be doing the Segway tour in May (11th). I'm glad to hear good things about it!

You'll have a ball! Listen to everyone and book early! I believe they now offer two different times to do the tour, make sure to get the early one. We've done both and the later one is much more 'rushed' and you have more people in the parks to deal with.

You can see our video of the tour here: http://www.themeparkreview.com/videos/video.htm

Elissa "it's about halfway down that page!" Alvey

We have the earlier tour booked on our anniversary 4/5. I think we booked it 3 weeks in advance, and we had to give our credit card number of the phone.

We're VERY much looking forward to it. Segways in the morning and Le Cellier for dinner...it's going to be a great anniversary!

We are doing the tour on 4/27 - can't wait.

The other thread that was around a couple of weeks ago said that most anyone can do it. I was a bit nervous at first but the re-assurances I receive from this board was very calming.

:sunny:

It's a great tour. DH and I did it in October. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

I was a bit nervous at first. I was afraid I would fall and be totally embarassed and/or break the Segway and/or run someone over ("Grace" is not my middle name)!

The instructors are great and get you really comfortable before you head out into the "world". I had so much fun and I was never nervous once I got on the Segway. When we were leaving WS to head back to drop the Segways off, WS was open and there were people everywhere. I felt like a pro by then and wasn't worried about driving near people.

You'll have a great time!

Thanks for sharing your Segway video! How in the world did you tape it? :confused3

We did the tour in January and really enjoyed it. Don't forget to get the discount; we used AAA. :cool1:

3393Segway5-med.jpg

DH and I did this in August 04. I thought for sure I would be the one who couldn't figure it out and run into curbs and garbage cans. It only took me about 2 to 3 minutes to get the hang of it. We practiced on cones, going up and down ramps and were really ready when we got out into World Showcase. We did have to ride like "ducklings" near Norway and the Princess Breakfast. You enter Epcot in the same line as the Princess Breakfast and meet at Guest Relations at the left of SE.

Thanks to everyone for your help! I have made reservations for a Segway tour as a surprise for my husband's birthday when we are there in April. Don't tell!! It's a surprise!!
:)

:love1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter