• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Seems to good to be true, DxDP and changes for 2015, surely the price will go up in 2016

12disneybee

Mouseketeer
I have read on other sites that a family of 4, 2 adults and 2 kids under 7 on the DxDP, parents used all the credits for themselves and friends and paid OOP for the kids since the children were picky eaters and basically shared a meal between them. They paid for 2 adults/2kids for DXDP but the children didn't use one credit, all OOP.

I don't think this will impact the majority of guests. I don't think the typical family has friends sharing meals with them at Disney, and any time they do a buffet they need to pay for both kids. The reason the changes work for us is that we would typically not use 3 TS credits a day and would no longer consider the deluxe plan. The changes allow us to use the credit for others traveling with us, but most are still adults using other adult credits. When I did the math, we are basically saving very little over TIW, but adding in a few more expensive meals that would not do otherwise. The changes definitely benefit us since we are able to add a few 2 TS meals and keep our costs about the same, but overall, I don't think Disney is losing any money based on the changes.

the price difference between and adult and a child on DxDP is tremendous.... I agree, I know most people wont do this but many will, especially families traveling together but separate rooms to Disney.... what is to stop anyone from adding a "ghost kid" to the DxDP just for the meal credits, besides fear of being caught and it's lying. In all my years of checking in at Disney, never once, have my children come with me to check in. I always checked my entire family in alone while DH toured the resort. I remember back in the day, the DDP was really free including tips and back then people were adding "ghost kids" just for extra dining credits. I guess it's worth it to some people. ugh, hoping September, this is all ruled out and goes smoothly with interchanging adult/child credits on DxDP and trading meals in for snacks..

The biggest issue with "phantom guests" is the ticket purchase requirement, but if you go with a ticketless package it will probably work. I understand it was widespread some years ago to add a "phantom teenager" for free dining when you only had to buy a one day ticket, but that got cut down pretty quickly when guests had to buy a 2 day ticket. I'm sure some still do it.

I thought an unused ticket could be used to upgrade to an adult?
It can, but it's still floating around unused until the next time you go to Disney without needing to purchase a ticket for a package discount. Many people want their money in their bank account rather than investing in future Disney visits.

The biggest issue with "phantom guests" is the ticket purchase requirement, but if you go with a ticketless package it will probably work. I understand it was widespread some years ago to add a "phantom teenager" for free dining when you only had to buy a one day ticket, but that got cut down pretty quickly when guests had to buy a 2 day ticket. I'm sure some still do it.

What I find interesting about the new changes is that it states the DxDP, Premium, and Platinum plan credits will be interchangeable between adults/kids.

Platinum and Premium plans currently require at least a 1 day base ticket. I wonder if that a thing to come for 2016 DxDP plans, as well...

One other thing, I inquired about the Platinum package last week and the CM said it required a 2 day base ticket...however, after checking, she came back and said it was still a 1 day base ticket requirement.

...it all made me wonder if new ticket requirements were fixing to be implemented.

Last edited:
Platinum and Premium plans do require a minumum 3 night stay and so much comes with them that it doesn't seem the sort of reservation that one would add on phantom children to get extra dining credits or admission to events/recreation. The biggest difference is that all restaurants are 1 credit on premium/platinum, so you don't need extra credits to account for 2 credit restaurants because there aren't any.

One other thing, I inquired about the Platinum package last week and the CM said it required a 2 day base ticket...however, after checking, she came back and said it was still a 1 day base ticket requirement.

...it all made me wonder if new ticket requirements were fixing to be implemented.
Most likely a mistake. She was probably thinking of the free dining packages which I imagine they're receiving calls about much more often than Platinum packages.

Platinum and Premium plans do require a minumum 3 night stay and so much comes with them that it doesn't seem the sort of reservation that one would add on phantom children to get extra dining credits or admission to events/recreation. The biggest difference is that all restaurants are 1 credit on premium/platinum, so you don't need extra credits to account for 2 credit restaurants because there aren't any.

True, I've done the Platinum package before, so I'm aware of the requirements...

However, I'm not referring to the overall requirements of the Plat/Prem...but rather the "grouping" of the DxDP together with them to allow for interchangeable credits (unlike the reg DDP). This has me wondering about the possibility of new requirements to the DxDP, such as ticket requirements. Otherwise, phantom child bookings are going to go through the roof.

But maybe, maybe not. Again, just wondering.

Obviously I don't see a surge in people booking the Plat/Prem packages with phantom children due to the sheer cost of the packages themselves...

Most likely a mistake. She was probably thinking of the free dining packages which I imagine they're receiving calls about much more often than Platinum packages.

Yes, this is how I took it right off the bat. However, it just got me thinking. And I find it hard to believe that the allowance of interchangeable credits (or all of the changes, actually) won't come without a price...perhaps even for the Plat/Prem plans.

Last edited:
I may be confused
Dxdp can the child use the adult credit or can the adults use the child's credit? Are they just pooled into one pot and families use them however they wish including using credits for other adults not on their plan? I have read adults using the credits and paying oop for kids nuggets etc...

...but rather the "grouping" of the DxDP together with them to allow for interchangeable credits (unlike the reg DDP). This has me wondering about the possibility of new requirements to the DxDP, such as ticket requirements. Otherwise, phantom child bookings are going to go through the roof.
This "grouping" has always been the case with the deluxe plan; it's nothing new. Counter service credits are grouped because some places don't have a kids menu. Deluxe meal credits have to be flexible enough to be redeemed at counter service restaurants. This is not new. Table service credits have always been allocated between adults and children, and nothing has changed there, either.

So ..can adults order off the adult menu using ccredits left over technically that are left over from the child

This "grouping" has always been the case with the deluxe plan; it's nothing new. Counter service credits are grouped because some places don't have a kids menu. Deluxe meal credits have to be flexible enough to be redeemed at counter service restaurants. This is not new. Table service credits have always been allocated between adults and children, and nothing has changed there, either.

Perhaps I'm not making myself clear...

I'm not talking about grouping meal credits. If you go back to my prior posts, you will see the context in which I'm referring to - it's the "grouping" of the Deluxe, Premium, and Platinum plans together to include mixing adult and child QS/TS entitlements.

Those guests on either the Deluxe, the Premium, or the Platinum Dining Plans will now be able to mix their adult and child credits. This means that if a guest on the dining plan has two adults and two child meal entitlements, they may choose to select four adult meal entitlements...

As the requirements for all 3 currently stands -

* Premium and Platinum have a 3 night room (up from 1, and we know why) and 1 day ticket requirement

* Deluxe has a 1 night room and no ticket requirement

I am just wondering if, in order to close any loopholes, they will explore the option of the DxDP having ticket requirements...

Last edited:
As the requirements for all 3 currently stands -

* Premium and Platinum have a 3 night room (up from 1, and we know why) and 1 day ticket requirement

* Deluxe has a 1 night room and no ticket requirement

I am just wondering if, in order to close any loopholes, they will explore the option of the DxDP having requirements...
Technically, they haven't opened any loopholes yet. The information you quoted is not part of any official statement from Disney; it's just speculation and rumor at this point. It's difficult to answer your question; will they change the requirements of the deluxe plan in order to close a loophole that they haven't yet authorized? It's been a loophole forever. Nobody here will know what, if anything, they plan to do to close it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter