Seeking waitlist strategy advice

gkrykewy

TTA PeopleMover Fan Club President
Looking to book 6 nights in an Aulani island/garden studio for early February. Right now I have two nights booked (the first night and the last), and the 4 nights in the middle waitlisted. I also have the entire stay waitlisted for another view category (ocean).

Does this seem like a good approach, or would I improve our chances by creating two separate waitlists for the two pairs of two nights (Fri/Sat and Sun/Mon, the 4 missing nights), and forget the alternate view category?

I have the missing days booked cash right now. Would appreciate any thoughts.

Last edited:
Single nights are generally easier to secure than multiple nights. I would waitlist the second and second to last night, individually, and work inward.

Single nights are generally easier to secure than multiple nights. I would waitlist the second and second to last night, individually, and work inward.
I would do the second by itself and third and 4th together then add the other night once something matched. The alternative would be the second and third each then add additional nights as matched. I'd also stalk it online in spite of the recent wait list changes. The variable is you want weekend nights individually as applicable.

Oh, this is really interesting! You both think we should seek nights individually and leave 1 or more of our nights uncovered by the WL for the time being. Never thought of that.

Oh, this is really interesting! You both think we should seek nights individually and leave 1 or more of our nights uncovered by the WL for the time being. Never thought of that.
I would. To me reasonable options include:

• 2 individual nights then adding other needed nights as you match.
  • two 2 night wait lists.
  • A combo of one 2 night and one 1 night.
I would want any Fri & Sat nights on individual night wait lists personally because they could span cancelations from each direction (the week before or after). It's likely as good to do 2 nights together for weeknights as listing them individually. I would not be wait listing for another view until you have your trip set. I would be stalking the website both for nights you need AND for a better mix of nights in another view. Once you get everything, you can wait list to upgrade as desired and available.

Alright- what I have now is a single waitlist for the Friday night, and a separate waitlist for the Sunday and Monday night together. If/when the first of these comes through, I'll waitlist for the Saturday night.

I would not otherwise have thought of this strategy, but I think it's a pretty good one for six months out. Thanks!

Alright- what I have now is a single waitlist for the Friday night, and a separate waitlist for the Sunday and Monday night together. If/when the first of these comes through, I'll waitlist for the Saturday night.

I would not otherwise have thought of this strategy, but I think it's a pretty good one for six months out. Thanks!
Let us know how it goes please.

Update: I was able to get 3 nights of 6 in an Ocean View studio, so I switched to that. Need only three nights now, which I've again split into two waitlists.

Update: I was able to get 3 nights of 6 in an Ocean View studio, so I switched to that. Need only three nights now, which I've again split into two waitlists.
Great, you're on your way.

Just reporting back that at long last our waitlist has been filled! The Saturday and Sunday night WL was filled on November 10th, and the Friday night WL was filled this weekend (I think; no email yet, but it's in the system). Thanks for the advice! The approach paid off.

Just reporting back that at long last our waitlist has been filled! The Saturday and Sunday night WL was filled on November 10th, and the Friday night WL was filled this weekend (I think; no email yet, but it's in the system). Thanks for the advice! The approach paid off.
Great, thanks for reporting back. This is why I include the WL options when considering the chances of getting items at the 7 month window.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter