Seeking similar rental communities to Windsor Hills

SonyaB

Earning My Ears
I am hoping some of you Disney experts may have some ides on this.
We are looking for accommodations for March 1st to 15th and want to rent a villa for 8 o 9 people. So a 5 or 6 bed villa would bw perfect. Knowing this is last minute (beyond our control, but now have the go-ahead), we know Windsor Hills popularity may prove to be difficult to find a space with vacancy. Anyhow, we love the facilities that Windsor Hills offers and we have already stayed at Windsor Palms twice before, we are wondering if there are any similar Vacation rental communities that offer the same or better facilities. There are 4 kids between 12 and 16 that need lots of outdoor facilities and we really don't care if we are "minutes from Disney" as we'll probably only go for a day or two anyhow.
Does anyone know of a last minute availability websites, that I could just plug my dates in to make my search easier as most sites I have to click on each villa and click on the availability chart and of course it's booked or not updated.
Any ideas or suggestions on similar communities would really be appreciated.
Thanks!!!

don't stay in communities - but I think someone say Emerald Island was similiar?

I guess I should have reworded my request, but we are basically looking for a "gated community" that have the same amenities as Windsor Hills. We like having our own villa and private pool, but like the added Clubhouse with large pool and water slide (the kids just don't like that one), movie theatre and play areas. Not all communities offer this and I'm just thinking that there are probably areas that are modeled after Windsor Hills that are just not so close to disney and aren't advertised as well. Emerald Island is not similar, Windsor Palms is the most similar, just a little older which makes Windsor Hills an upgrade from it in our eyes.

Any reviews thoughts on Reunion?

But thank you for the responses and links so far!

I plugged in your dates and 5 bedrooms at allstarvacationhomes.com and 14 matches came back including one at Windsor Hills and another at Windsor Palms. You should check it out.

Sonya, everything that I've read about Reunion has been great.
There's also Terra Verde off Poinciana that's similar to WH:
http://www.terra-verde-resort.com/
Under the Kissimmee listings on vrbo.com

Regal Palms is on 27 and has a mini water park area:
http://www.regalpalmsorlando.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.cgi/00112.2.130434854687078332
Under the Davenport listings on vrbo.

Weston Hills is north on 27 about 2 miles from 192 junction:
http://florida2ndhome.com/TheCommunity.html
This was from a house ad but shows the community.
Under the Clermont listings on vrbo.

I don't have any personal experience from any of these only know about them from other posts and from looking for rentals for myself.

We have booked a home in Aviana for June. It's new and looks very nice. Here's the resort link:

Thanks for the link, Mr.Santorelli has already sent me a reply and that place is exactly what we are looking for. Thanks a million for sharing!

PS, your kids are so cute! Hope your keeping warm in Cincinatti - I'm just a bit north of you across the lake.

Thanks Sympatico from Canada for the links, I think Reunion looks great too, just not too many villas for private rental and the quotes I did get were a bit pricier, but understandably so. I guess I'm so used to having to factor in the exchange - which is sure nice these days!

Sonya,

We found our home on www.vrbo.com under Davenport. It's a great deal and looks to be a great place. This one was one of our choices and looks to be available if their calendar is correct!

http://www.vrbo.com/150664

Good luck! Keep me posted on your choice and I'd love to hear how it goes as well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter