Seeking Predictions from Disneyland Experts

By-Tor and Snow Pup

Mouseketeer
My family and I are arriving Friday Oct. 22. We should be at Disneyland around noon. I want to show my kids a good time.

I don't know what to do with this whole Halloween Party thing. Seems like a lot of extra money to me so.... we could just go over to DCA .... but I'm concerned that lots of other people will do this and there will be a mad crush of people there. Wondering if I should fork out for Halloween party to avoid mobs. What do you think?

I think that depends on your kids ages and how much they like Halloween.

It's a lot of money, but it is usually a lot of fun with a lot less crowded park. I do think DCA will be crowded after the party starts especially because they will have a WOC show.

If your kids like to dress up and enjoy the atmosphere I think it's a good idea!

My family and I are arriving Friday Oct. 22. We should be at Disneyland around noon. I want to show my kids a good time.

I don't know what to do with this whole Halloween Party thing. Seems like a lot of extra money to me so.... we could just go over to DCA .... but I'm concerned that lots of other people will do this and there will be a mad crush of people there. Wondering if I should fork out for Halloween party to avoid mobs. What do you think?

All in all, it is what it is. Depends on how old your kids are, they might enjoy doing the Halloween party, but myself, I'm not a big Halloween fan to begin with. If they're interested in getting candy, any cast member has candy on them for the most part. Just say trick-or-treat to them and they'll give out some.

I wouldn't think too many people would beeline over to DCA because most people center their vacations around holidays so they'd more than likely be there strictly because it is Halloween and they'd be doing the party.

And lastly: GO DUCKS!

I don't think "to avoid the mobs" is a reason to go to the Halloween party. I think if your family enjoys Halloween, would have fun at a special event party, would enjoy the festivities of the evening, go to the Halloween party. If not, enjoy DCA and/or DtD for the evening.

- Dreams

I think the original question here is a little ambiguous for all of us. Do you think you could be a little more specific with a few more details?

P.S. I happen to be wearing my 2010 Spirit tee that says Go O or Go Home today for the other Duck fans here

I wouldn't call the Halloween party crowd a mob, but going from last year's experiences in DCA the crowds were not exactly light. And because FP was not in place lines got long for some rides too, and some character lines were manic. So if you want to avoid the crowds I am honestly not sure if the party will be a better place for you.

A lot of the answer to your question for me depends how much of the park is actually open and what rides are running... and they have not released that info yet.

For me, hands down, I'd choose the party.
But I'm a stupid tourist and we don't really celebrate Halloween here, soo... :laughing:

I'm going on Halloween with a friend and her daughter.
I'm coming in a couple of days before them and was toying with a second visit... then I saw the prices and held off booking. But now other friends of mine are doing the party on the 29th, and I decided to join them. Experiencing Halloween with friends did beat the "OMG too expensive!" :scared1: feeling.

I am still debating on this as well- we will be there the 1st week of Oct, and not sure if I really want ot fork out the extra money for the TOT Party....

GO BEAVERS!

I think the original question here is a little ambiguous for all of us. Do you think you could be a little more specific with a few more details?

P.S. I happen to be wearing my 2010 Spirit tee that says Go O or Go Home today for the other Duck fans here

that will getcha kicked out of Boise!

I agree. It depends on the ages of your kids. Mine are 15 and 12. I would start at DL, have a runner head over to DCA to grab World of Color fast passes (or get picnic meals with WOC in advance), ride Ghost Galaxy, Haunted Mansion, etc., and then head over to DCA. Grab a fast pass for Soarin or TOT, consider seeing Aladdin, and cap the night off with WOC.

Yes it is a lot of money for the Halloween party. We have only been to the one at WDW, but they limit the number of tickets so hopefully the park doesn't seem as packed. You also get the benefit of the exclusive fireworks show. We did purchase tickets for this year and are looking forward to it.

GO SUN DEVILS!

I probably wouldn't pay for it, but then again, we go all the time to DCA. If it helps you secure a great spot for WOC, then it would be worth it.

DH and I will be in the parks from Tuesday, October 19th until Saturday, October 23rd. Since we arrive that Tuesday morning and planned a half-day in the park (anyhow), we opted to purchase MHP tickets for that Tues night and use our 4-day park hopper tickets starting Wednesday a.m.

This works for us because the overall cost is marginally less to substitute one park hopper day for MHP tickets. It also allows us to not feel rushed checking in to the Hojo, and we can have lunch and take a nap before heading over to the park for the party.

The issue of "is it worth it" is debatable, but we're not sure of park hours for that week, and we LOVE the park at night, so the MHP tickets give us a guaranteed night of DL fun. Plus the special fireworks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter