Seeking hotel suggestion

srauseo

DIS Veteran
It looks like I will be planning and tagging along on a good friend's trip to Disney next year. I'm looking for suggestions for an on-site hotel that will fit our sleeping needs. We would be five people - two adults and three kids. Kids are an 8-year old boy, and two girls ages 6 and 3. I'm sure the girls could share a bed. I think my friend and I would rather each have our own. I'd like to be able to present her with options in various price ranges and let her decide. I feel like it's a little bit of a tricky combination and I'm not sure where rollaways would be a good option and where they wouldn't. Maybe the most economical thing would be to put the four of them in one room and me in another? But it would be more convenient to be together. I'm not necessarily looking for the cheapest option (she does pretty well) but not looking to spend a small fortune either. Probably planning to go in May or Fall.

Thanks for any recommendations.

IMHO your best option is two rooms either at a value resort (which I love!) or a a moderate. You can request connecting rooms--if you so desire. _I_ would not fit 5 warm bodies in the same room--period.

Another option (more expensive) would be to rent DVC points, but that still isn't ideal for your situation unless you go with a 2 bedroom.

In the moderate category, Port Orleans Riverside-Alligator Bayou section will fit 5. Consists of two queens and a child size Murphy bed. Given your situation it's probably not ideal, just throwing it out there. Most deluxe standard rooms allow 5 ppl. Typical set up would be 2 queens and a sleeper sofa. The rooms are a nice size, so 5 wouldn't be horrible. If you book two rooms at a value or any other moderate, one nice thing would be having two bathrooms. You also have the option of booking a one or two bedroom villa at any of the DVC properties. That can be done by renting points, or booking straight thru Disney like a regular reservation.​

If the three year old would sleep in a crib or pack n play, then a cabin in FW might work. You friend would have the bedroom with the double bed and bunk beds for the older girls. The three year old would sleep in the crib or on an air mattress. ( you would need to bring/ship the air mattress) You would have the living room murphy bed.

Would that work?

Otherwise there are the suites at AoA but you and your friend would have to share a bed or one of you would have to be in the living room area with the kids. Again, ASMu suites are available, but would have a similar problem. I wish thatWDW would offer suites with two beds as well as the 'fold ups' for kids. Not all families have two adults that want to sleep in the same bed.

Of course, many rooms in the deluxe resorts will sleep 5 with 2 queens and a daybed. the monorail resorts are your best bets for this arrangement. One of you would sleep on the daybed. One of you would sleep in one bed and the two girls would sleep in the other. The three year old would sleep in a crib or on an air mattress.

As a PP noted, some mods will sleep 5, but that would be very cramped. CBR and POR have rooms that accommodate 5, but there are two queens and a small bed meant for a child. I think that you and your friend would need to share one of the queens to make that work.

Of course, two rooms in a value or moderate would work the best with 4 real beds.

I have heard some deluxe rooms are set up to sleep 6. I believe that there are some of these in different deluxe resorts, but I have never stayed in one so I can't share much about them except that I have read that they exist.

Good luck!

I would look at the suites in All Star Music or Art of Animation. Plenty of room for 5 and 2 bathrooms! You could also look into renting DVC at a deluxe resort, but in order to have enough beds with no sharing you might have to go to a 2 bedroom and that can get pricey. Or as others have said do 2 rooms at a value!

Yeah - I'm wondering if two rooms at PO would be the best option if we could get adjoining. She could be in one room with the kids - and have a queen for herself, queen for the girls, and fold-down for the boy and me next door in a room by myself. But there's no guarantee on that.

I don't think AoA would work unless we shared a bed. If I got a standard room in the Little Mermaid section I'm a long walk away. It doesn't make sense for me to have to have a suite by myself.

I'm not sure about the three year old in the pack in play. I'd have to ask about that. That would work with a bunk bed situation at Fort Wilderness.

So in the small fortune category, perhaps a suite at a deluxe would work. Almost certainly more expensive than 2 rooms at a value but you'll all be able to stay in the same room. Maybe the villas at Wilderness Lodge? That would be pretty convenient to Magic Kingdom, which will probably be pretty popular based on the age of the kids. Another option (though we've never stayed) would be the Cabins at Fort Wilderness. That would likely be really fun for the kids, and more reasonably priced, though I've read reviews that indicate transportation to and from the parks can be a bit of a hassle.

Yeah - the cabins at Fort Wilderness might be an option. The one bathroom is a drawback but the kids would probably love it.

Yeah - I'm wondering if two rooms at PO would be the best option if we could get adjoining. She could be in one room with the kids - and have a queen for herself, queen for the girls, and fold-down for the boy and me next door in a room by myself. But there's no guarantee on that.

I don't think AoA would work unless we shared a bed. If I got a standard room in the Little Mermaid section I'm a long walk away. It doesn't make sense for me to have to have a suite by myself.

I'm not sure about the three year old in the pack in play. I'd have to ask about that. That would work with a bunk bed situation at Fort Wilderness.

Not only would the location together not be guaranteed but because she is only a party of 4 she is not guaranteed a fold down bunk in her room.

Not only would the location together not be guaranteed but because she is only a party of 4 she is not guaranteed a fold down bunk in her room.

Fair point. Although, I think if you book a preferred room, those are all in Alligator Bayou and all the Alligator Bayou rooms have the fold-down bunk, right? So if we booked one preferred double queen and one preferred King we might be more lucky.

Fair point. Although, I think if you book a preferred room, those are all in Alligator Bayou and all the Alligator Bayou rooms have the fold-down bunk, right? So if we booked one preferred double queen and one preferred King we might be more lucky.

Yes, and I really reccomend booking preferred. We stayed standard with garden view. Wasn't terrible, but our walk was longer than we wanted. If we ever stay there again, it will be preferred. Beautiful resort. My kids loved the room and the pool. Boat to DTD was a plus.

The bed in the cabin is against a wall, so could she sleep with the 3 year old in the bed, then the other two in the bunk beds? Then you can have the sofabed in the living room. There is a sink in the kitchen, so more than one person can wash and toothbrush at once, then just set up shower schedules. Honesty, I think a cabin could be fantastic for your situation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter