Seeking Disney postcards

Hedgy

Earning My Ears
Hello there! Newbie checking in with an inquiry/request:

A recent trip to Disneyland shocked me in that there are only a fraction of the quantity of postcards that were there at my last visit (many years ago).

I have taken up collecting postcards, starting with a few individual films/characters, but am having a hard time piecing together a collection because of the scarcity of these items. Disney Stores don't carry them, and the selection at the Magic Kingdom (CA) was poor--I had more luck in the hotel lobbies than in the park itself.

And although I'm fine with Theme Park related cards, I'm more interested in film posters, scenes, character illustrations, etc.

Is there a network of collectors that have postcards to trade or sell? How about a favorite retailer? Is there a convention worth seeking out (in CA) that would yield a wide selection of these kind of items?

I know in this day of e-mailing and the internet that snail mailing something seems downright quaint (which is why I suspect they've reduced the volume created) but there must still be an active interest out there for these cheap collectibles? Right?

Thanks for any help! :earsboy:

There are alot of people who collect Disneyland postcards......I for one. Although it is not really a cheap hobby, unless you want the new cards only. I have a great collection of postcards from Disneyland......some from when they first opened. I do have some extras of some cards, you can email me if you are interested in talking to me about them.
MdStrwbery@aol.com
Barbara
MsMad :rotfl2:

There are always lots of postcards that can be bought cheap on ebay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter