• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Seeking advice for Christmas Day ideas?

dimndgal1

One little spark...
My friend is going to WDW with her DH and two DDs (3 and 5) over the holidays and realized in all the excitement of the trip, she has nothing 'special' for Christmas Day. Given the girls ages and the fact that everything is packed to the brim, I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions to pass on for activities or ideas that will make the day magical? They are staying on property at one of the deluxes (not sure which one!)

I just know everyone has offered great advice for me so I thought I'd ask around for her! TIA!

As most of the people are in the parks this day, it may be a good day to tour the Resorts. We like to go around and look at the decorations at the different resorts, The ginger bread house at the GF and the gingerbread display at the Y&B are really cool.

The last Christmas day I was there I went to the mk
I believe it opened at 7am and I was there for ropedrop

Me and a friend did whole park before 1030 when the wave of guests started to arrive

We went back to the room exchanged gifts and enjoyed the resort
The park is very easy to navigate if you go for those first few hours

I would ask at your hotel and see if Santa is making an appearance at any of the hotels. It might be nice to have the kids swing by for a visit. I would also go over to Fort Wilderness and maybe rent a golf cart and drive around the loops. Some of the campers do an extraordinary job decorating their sites for Christmas. I know for a fact there is one that sets up a full train set... :cool1:

Some of the ideas that we thought about were...
  • Touring all the resorts, looking @ the Christmas Decorations
  • Seeing Santa @ Downtown Disney
  • Tea @ the Grand Floridian
  • Christmas Light Looking by Golf Cart @ the Campgrounds
  • Any park but MK

We are going to be there this Christmas and this is what we ended up with.
  • Tree & Stockings in our room with breakfast room service.
  • Wilderness Lodge for Hot Choc and cookies by the fireplace.
  • Late lunch @ Rose N Crown
  • Wander Epcot Countries & listen to the Christmas storytellers.
  • Candlelight Processional
  • Illuminations

This will be our first Christmas at WDW and here's what we have planned...

MK very early in the AM (we know it'll get crazy, but we just HAVE to stop by so we can say we went to MK on Christmas)

Lunch @ Mama Melrose with a Fantasmic! package

Traditional Christmas dinner @ Whispering Canyon Cafe

Boat back to Contemporary to watch MK fireworks

And maybe if we're up to it, we'll go back to MK since they're open till 1am :)

I appreciate all the information! So many great suggestions and ideas -- I can't wait to pass them on.

I hope those who are also enjoying the holidays at the World have a blast!!!

The last Christmas day I was there I went to the mk
I believe it opened at 7am and I was there for ropedrop

Me and a friend did whole park before 1030 when the wave of guests started to arrive

We went back to the room exchanged gifts and enjoyed the resort
The park is very easy to navigate if you go for those first few hours

This is what we did Christmas Day 2009 and 2010, we were at the MK at Rope Drop about 6:45am and did most everything before the real crowds started pouring in. We got out around 1pm and headed back to the resort for a nap, then when we went back to the park, everyone lse was tired and the parks cleared out.

In 2009, we started with a really special breakfast at CRT, they had a special menu and all the Princesses were there in their ball gowns, usually they are there in just their regular clothes.

This will be my first Christmas day at the World. I'll be at rope drop for MK just to say that I was there on Christmas Day. I'll try to ride the rides show that are important first and then enjoy the rest of the day taking in the show attractions and people watching. I was able to get a Cindy breakfast and will be enjoying Tony's for dinner. Everything else in the middle I expect to take it easy with no main plan.

Hope they enjoy their Christmas trip!

Have the disney florist deliver Christmas Stockings to the resort they will be hanging in the room when they get back for the evening. (We had this done on Christmas Eve not sure if they actually work Christmas Day).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter