• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Seeking 4th of July Advice.....

alleghator

Mouseketeer
I will be in Orlando with a friend for a conference across the 4th of July. I am the trip planner for the two of us, and I'm trying to make sure to do the best I can. We will not have a rental car, so will be relying on Disney transportation from the Hilton Lake Buena Vista, where we will be staying.

We will be in meetings all day on the 4th of July, so will not be using park admission to enter any of the parks that night. Where is the best place for watching some 4th of July fireworks? I had thought of the beach at the Polynesian, but now I've read that only resort guests will have this option because CMs will scan magic bands.

I welcome your suggestions for 4th of July fireworks plans. Thanks!

I've never heard about CMs scanning Magicbands like that, but I've only watched fireworks from the Poly during low-crowd times.

I'm assuming that restaurants like 'Ohana or California Grill are fully booked up.

You might want to take your question to the Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies forum, there have recently been some threads about watching fireworks from outside the park:

http://www.disboards.com/threads/where-to-watch-fireworks-outside-of-park.3414710/

We just got back and didn't have anyone scan our bands. We stayed at the Contemporary. We looked around the Poly without any issues :)

Where is the best place for watching some 4th of July fireworks? I had thought of the beach at the Polynesian, but now I've read that only resort guests will have this option because CMs will scan magic bands.

I'm curious now, where exactly did you hear that CMs will be scanning Magicbands? At the beach itself, or to get into the parking lot? Because CMs at resorts will usually ask to see Magicband or ID before letting you in the parking lot. I imagine they will be especially strict on a busy day like July 4th, I would think you'd need an ADR at a Polynesian restaurant in order for CMs to let you in. Never heard of CMs asking for Magicbands on the beach, but I suppose it's possible if they have a special viewing area for guests staying at Poly?

I would suggest the TTC, I have seen some pics from there that are amazing and they say they do pipe in the music.

We've been at WDW for the Fourth of July twice. The first time we decided not to deal with the crowds and instead went to eat. We ended up at a Cracker Barrel restaurant and were pleasantly surprised when we were able to watch fireworks from the rocking chairs in front of the restaurant. Go figure.
Our second time, though, we chose to go to the town of Celebration. That was a great experience. Every year they have a theme that includes a dress-up contest and a band. The year we went it was an 80s theme and A Flock of Seagulls played a free outdoor concert. The fireworks were set to music and even though there was a technical glitch it was still a really great fireworks show. This year it's 'A Sci-Fi Fourth of July'. There are a number of restaurants if you arrive early to eat dinner and get decent parking (we did this but still walked many blocks- this event is popular!). There's no other cost involved. If you want more information, just search for 'Celebration, FL Fourth of July'.

The 4th floor of the Contemporary! It's open to the public. You don't have to be a guest or have a reservation (like you would if you were to view from California Grill)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter