Seeing Pearl Harbor while at Aulani

I agree with OKWJan, we were at Aulani in February. A group of 9 of us. We booked the tour directly through the resort. Our tour guide was wonderful and full of so much information. He took care of getting all of our tickets ahead of time and we saw so much during our stay. He explained everything about where we needed to be and at what time etc. He was excellent! Would highly recommend this tour :)

7am would be a great time to arrive, you will get a good parking space that way and have a better chance at tickets if you were not able to reserve ahead of time on the Gov't website.

We arrived about that time (7am ish) and got a nice shady spot for our car... let me tell you, when we were leaving the folks who got our parking spot were super happy!!

I also recommend to do Pearl Harbor on one of your first days in Hawaii, that way the time difference helps with the getting up early part!

Thank you, you were right! We arrived at 7:10 am yesterday, got in a line of probably 100 people, and got our tickets (free) to come back for the 12:45 tour group. We actually returned earlier than that, as there is a lot to see without ticket. We got great parking spaces each time too.
During our wait we went to the swap meet at Aloha Stadium.

WDW Diane. I am Diane also and we were there yesterday at 7:12am. And we are staying at Aulani too. Wonder if we were in line together.

LOL! Three Dianes on this thread! Not the most common name anymore either. We must all be similar ages, since it was a very popular name in my age group.:rotfl:

WDW Diane. I am Diane also and we were there yesterday at 7:12am. And we are staying at Aulani too. Wonder if we were in line together.

How funny, maybe we were! We got 12:45 tickets, how about you? We might have gotten in line a bit after 7:10....

We are staying next door to Aulani at the Ko Olina Beach Villas....we can see Aulani of course and heard all of the Starlit Hui....wish we could have been there.

Are you going to have a rental car while you are there? In case you weren't aware, the resort is far away from town. If you do have a car, Duke's and Hula Grill both downtown Waikiki, very good but you should get a reservation. We have been to the zoo numerous times, it is small but very nice and have always enjoyed it. Never heard anything about going at night though. You may also want to check out the Dole Plantation on the North Shore, be sure to try the Dole Whip. Also be sure to stop at one of the numerous shrimp trucks if you make it to the North Shore, delicious, you can't miss them!

Been to Aulani twice. We are big fans of having a rental car. Go where you want and when you want, not on somebody else's schedule. You MUST go to Pearl Harbor early in the morning before the tour buses get there. We left hotel by 6 a.m. Yes, 6 a.m. Keep in mind all the traffic is going in that direction and what is to be a 20 minute drive took over 45 minutes. Some things to do and see:
North Shore (surfing community) with the famous shaved ice place.
Dole Pineapple Plantation (North Shore): can do on same day
Leonards Bakery: for the mariposas. Parking is terrible, lines out the door but a must do. In downtown Honolulu.
National Cemetary: Beautiful and so peaceful. I happen to have an uncle buried there.
There are many luau's to look into. I don't particulary care for the food.
Polynesian Cultural Center
Aulani is a beautiful resort but you soon will find out the food and restaurants are not very good and very expensive. Many are empty at night because people get in their cars and go elsewhere. Another big reason to have your own car. Many go right down the highway to the local target, grocery stores, and Costco and stock up on groceries.

we just went to Pearl Harbour early in the morning and got the free tickets ((parking is free there too)) then for the Memorial and used our military discount on site to see the rest of the paid ticketed stuff.

You need to get there very early though. I suggest week day over week end and avoid any holidays.

Good luck!

Edited to add: A car is a must for Aulani... there is so much to see and do on the island, you can still take it at an easy pace and you don't need to drive off site every day. We paid $256.09 ((just looked up my receipt)) for a 10 day rental from Budget using a coupon code. The code is still valid but I don't know if I am allowed to post on here? This is the code I used X797736 , Mods if this isn't allowed please let me know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter