Seeing MK New Years Eve fireworks

adamshalliwell

Earning My Ears
We are moving to Orlando next month and coming down this weekend to find a place to live. I would like to possibly watch the MK New Years Eve fireworks from any possible place I can see them. We're not staying on-site as this isn't a vacation, and we're not buying park tickets because we don't want to visit the park this day.

I have a dinner reservation at Whispering Canyon Cafe at 9:40PM on 12/31. With the parks being at capacity, will I be able to even drive to the Wilderness Lodge and go to dinner? Do you guys think the boat will run from WL to CR, and we could watch the fireworks from somewhere there? I don't care about having a good seat, I just want to see the fireworks, and I figured it would be an awesome way to kick off the year since we're moving down there. Thanks!

You should be able to Park at the WL. They often close off Parking at the 3 Monorail Resorts, most Holidays. The Boat will be running to the Contemporary. One of our favourite Fireworks viewing spots is the Observation deck on the 4th floor of the Contemporary. You could also hop on the Monorail and go to the Polynesian and watch from the Beach, if not too cold it's quite lovely
Good Luck with your Move

I had originally wanted to watch from the Poly, but I heard that this year, they've been turning people away from the beach and even the monorail that didn't have dining reservations there. That's mainly why I was gonna try to get over to CR. We stayed at BLT in October and there are many places you can see the fireworks from.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter