See what a little Wishin' can do? A very ENGAGING January 2015 trip! *COMPLETED 10/9*

Ps does anyone know why my pictures are uploading so large? I'm uploading them to Photobucket and resizing to like 300x400 but they're still showing up way too big.

You're darling and I'm thrilled for you and Joe. :D Looking forward to reading more!

Love your excitement - and always remember adults are just kids grown up :goodvibes

glad you were happy with your room location

That gift was super sweet and seemed full of great stuff! Very thoughtful!

Great Start! I can't wait to hear more about your adventures!

More more more! NOW! (Love Mom):dog::flower1::flower1:

HI MOM:wave:! More is coming!

yessss more pleaseee!!

On its way!!! Thanks for reading:goodvibes!

You're darling and I'm thrilled for you and Joe. :D Looking forward to reading more!

Thank you!!! And thanks for joining :)!

Love your report so far! Can't wait to read the rest!

Hello!!!:wave2: Thanks for reading along!

Sounds like a great trip, can't wait to read more!!

I'm excited to write more! It was such a great trip. Thanks for joining :)!

Love your excitement - and always remember adults are just kids grown up :goodvibes

glad you were happy with your room location

That gift was super sweet and seemed full of great stuff! Very thoughtful!

You are so right. I always seem to forget that in the real world. And yes, we were VERY pleased with the gift! I ate all those chocolates way too fast...

Checking in to your TR! SOOOO excited to read more! I'll remember that room number for POP :D

It was such a great room! And thank you for reading:goodvibes!

Followed you from Facebook :)

Hello fellow January 2015 Dis planner :wave:!!!

Great Start! I can't wait to hear more about your adventures!

Hello!!! More is on its way! Thank you for reading :)!!

Raglan Road/Downtown Disney - Monday January 5th, 2015

Finally finally FINALLY we were ready to make our way down to the bus stop for Downtown Disney!!! We were heading to an ADR at Raglan Road. I was pretty excited about this ADR. I had read so many great things and was excited to see if it lived up.

We got to the bus stop at 4:15 and I started the beginning of snapping pictures of all the things.

DSC08476.JPG

DSC08477.JPG
Minnie toenails...kind of. Trying to be artsy with my nails failed miserably when I tried to make little Mickey heads on my toes...that turned out to look like gigantic tomatoes. "It all started with a tomato" doesn't have quite the same ring to it so I went the easy route - dots.

The bus arrived 15 minutes later at 4:30. Our bus mojo wasn't the greatest this trip but did it really matter? WE WERE IN DISNEY!!!

On the bus, we got our first affirmation that we were in fact in DISNEY WORLD and not on the PeopleMover in downtown Detroit. The bus driver made an announcement telling everybody to be on their best royal behavior as we were traveling with a Disney princess today. And up the steps came the most precious little girl dressed as Cinderella. It was the perfect first hint of Disney magic.

DSC08480.JPG
The happiest bus picture that ever sailed. Nod to It's a Small World. Which Joe and I waited 30 minutes to ride...for the second time. But that's a story for another time.

DSC08481.JPG
Oh, stylish MagicBands.

And we finally made it.

DSC08482.JPG
Take me back.

We headed straight to Raglan Road without stopping in any shops (which was difficult) and made it there by 5:15.

DSC08485.JPG

I'll just skate over the foreshadowing here and say that we absolutely LOVED Raglan Road!!! It exceeded expectations and was even better than everything I had read! The food was FANTASTIC, drinks were tasty (and in Disney so, even better) and the entertainment was great.

The food - oh my, the food. The bread they give you to start with the Guinness reduction is...actually to die for. It was so, so good. I'd wager to say it was one of my favorite parts of the meal but that just wouldn't be fair to the other stars.

DSC08500.JPG
It might not be the prettiest picture but this was one of the best things I ate all trip! That beauty is known as the Keen Eye for the Shepherd's Pie aka heaven. I have dreams about it.

Joe got the Sod the Stew which was FANTASTIC as well.

DSC08501.JPG

And the absolute STAR of the show...

DSC08503.JPG

Ger's Bread & Butter Pudding is listed in the menu as being "like no other pudding you have ever tried. Believe us." They are not joking. Believe them. Oh my.

We each ordered a beer - because ordering anything else at an Irish pub just feels wrong. Plus, it's kind of a rite of passage to develop an interest in craft beer and stop drinking Bud Light in your late twenties.

DSC08498.JPG

Ran out of room - oops. To be continued in next post...

Last edited:
Raglan Road/Downtown Disney Continued

The entertainment at Raglan Road went on throughout the meal and was great. Some amazingly talented Irish dancers...

DSC08487.JPG

IMG_5355-001.JPG

And some great live music...

IMG_5360.JPG

I'll also mention the service was fantastic here. All in all, in case you can't tell, Raglan Road was an awesome experience. It will definitely be a repeat on future trips!

Bellies way too full, we headed out to explore Downtown Disney. I was slightly nervous about Downtown Disney after reading some of the reports of construction/parking/crowded walkways/etc before we left. I was very pleasantly surprised. Nothing took away from the atmosphere at all for us. We had a GREAT time exploring and basking in our first night glory. Ahh...I miss it.

We tried on some tails...

DSC08508.JPG

and Joe was in Star Wars heaven...

DSC08512.JPG

I promise we did more...but I guess those are all the pictures I have from the evening.

We watched a performer playing the saxophone to the tune of lots of modern pop songs which was pretty fun to watch. Lots of little ones dancing, happy adults, warm weather., sun setting..it was pretty perfect.

At one point I said to Joe "see why I love this place so much?" And then one of the greatest moments of the trip happened when Joe responded by saying...

"Yeah, you and my mom. I might be becoming a convert myself."

Mission accomplished.

We headed out semi-early so we could get a good night's rest. As we were in line for the buses, there was a little boy in front of us. His mom was holding him and he was facing us. The little boy randomly held his hand out and said "fist bump" to Joe. Joe happily obliged and then said, "wanna know how I do it?" and held his balled up fist out and said "potato..." and after the fist bump "exploded" where their fingers are out Joe said "french fry!" It was the cutest thing in the world. The little boy LOVED it. Definitely a good memory :)

After our fist bumping extravaganza and back at the resort, we picked up our mugs that were included in the dining plan. Joe had been talking to his aunt prior to the trip and found out she was going to be in Disney at the same time as us AND was staying at Pop! We met up with them for about an hour, chatting a lot about Disney of course. By 10pm we were back in the room. Joe watched some Sons of Anarchy (this would become his nightly routine) and I drank some hot chocolate in bed. Oh yeah, my feet already HURT. I was kind of a packing freak, as I'm sure most of us here are (proudly, though, right?). As in, looked at every packing list I could find multiple times over. However, two things I discovered this night that I wish I would have brought with me were peppermint foot lotion for the sore pups and pump hand soap. The bars just didn't feel like they were fully cleansing my hands. And I was petrified of getting sick.

I fell asleep very quickly with dreams of Expedition Everest and Boma floating through my head.

ALRIGHTY THEN! That wraps up DAY ONE. SO much more fun was to come!!!

Up next...Animal Kingdom!

Last edited:
Loved your report on DD and RR pub...Do you know if there's any entertainment there at lunchtime? I think I want that Shepperds pie. We could only get a lunch ADR...sigh. Awesome fist bump story :) So cute.

LOVING your TR so far! What a great first day you two had :) RR looks like such a fun place to eat. I look forward to trying it one day!
Can't wait to read more!!!

Loved your report on DD and RR pub...Do you know if there's any entertainment there at lunchtime? I think I want that Shepperds pie. We could only get a lunch ADR...sigh. Awesome fist bump story :) So cute.

I'm *pretty* sure the entertainment starts at 4pm. I remember when I was planning, I looked on their website and they listed the times the entertainment started so that should point you in the right direction. Keep trying for that dinner ADR! I remember with BOG and 'Ohana ADRs, I was having trouble getting them and I just kept trying and ended up with lots of options! I imagine since RR isn't as popular (it SHOULD be!) you'd have even better luck. That Shepherd's pie is SO worth it!

LOVING your TR so far! What a great first day you two had :) RR looks like such a fun place to eat. I look forward to trying it one day!
Can't wait to read more!!!

Raglan Road was one of my favorite dining experiences at Disney ever! DEFINITELY give it a try!!!

Checking in :flower1: Loving your report so far! I have skipped Raglan Road in the past, but I think I now have to give it a try! Looking forward to reading more :)

Hi, I don't often read trip reports, but I am enjoying yours. I think it is because your love of Disney permeates the report. So glad you had a nice trip. Looking forward to the rest!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter