• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

See what a little Wishin' can do? A very ENGAGING January 2015 trip! *COMPLETED 10/9*

Been there before, you go go go and then wall.:faint:

Hopefully a little sleep and some sleeping in will revive you and put you back on track!!

Thanks for the ASSp recs!!! It looks like no matter where you end up, you're pretty centrally located. Not like at Pop or AoA where you participate in one of Disney's running events to get to the buses in some cases:faint:

So I've heard. But ASSp is a good layout, I'm sure you'll be happy anywhere :)

Twice Marie and I have had the same timing things with ADRs and TT FP+s. The only thing to do is suck it up and rush like your life depends on it afterward. I like to call it the TT/ADR mad dash (always to Japan, so at least Mexico is closer).

Your ride is super awesome even if the picture is a bit less so ;)

Hey, I don't blame you, it's not like you weren't planning on showing up and I feel like most places in Epcot aren't ever fully booked to the point where showing up late is a huge issue.

Food walls are the worst :/

The World showcase feels like the longest trek ever all the time. I feel your pain and understand heading back for sleep.

I love this trip report. I told my DB all about your proposal! That is so awesome! I love Wishes and cry every time I see it and I am guessing next time I do I will think of you :hug:

Wow what a full day. That's awesome you got to ride Soarin twice. I do t know how anyone could dislike Living with the Land so I'm glad Joe got it. That's too funny about your drinking around the world, maybe next time. I would live to do a pick a pearl in Japan although good too about pre-purchasing the setting. That's good you got some rest, no need to burn out after just four days.

Two rides on Soarin that early is awesome! And I've always wanted to try the pick a pearl! I almost did last trip but I decided to save my souvenir money, maybe next trip. But I agree with only picking a few countries to drink around. It's probably more relaxing and you won't have to worry about too many drinks!

We got back late last night. It was great! Way more crowded than when we usually go in the Fall, but manageable. I am not a huge HS fan, so I don't usually spend a whole lot of time there, but we were there open to close on Friday and pretty close to that on Saturday, too. Can't wait until I have some time to download the pictures. We did quite a few character meets, so I'm anxious to see how they came out.

So glad you had a great trip:goodvibes!!! If you do a trip report, point me in the direction!

Glad you fit everything in - even if a bit rushed. And obviously being on time is better but I don't think it is the worst thing ever to be late to an ADR only because it isn't a reservation it just puts you next on the list ... it's not like a table with you name on it was sitting empty for 1/2 hour

There are definitely moments when on hits a wall at Disney - and honestly, probably ok for you it was at San Angel and not something you were really looking forward to that became a bit of a negative experience. Seems like you planned things pretty well though if you hit the wall right before your day you allotted to sleep in

That's a good point about ADRs. I felt like I was breaking some big Disney rule but it ended up being a non-issue really.

So true - I think if we were going to a hit wall anywhere, I'm glad ('glad' being a relative word of course) it happened at San Angel and not, say on the night I agreed to marry Joe:laughing:

I am so sorry that I am just now catching up!

HEARD THAT! LOL.. it is so stressful at times. Have you chosen a date yet!?
YAAAAAYYY! That deserves all the fun emojis!! pixiedust::flower1::love::cloud9::flower: Way to go on the free dining stalk, I heard it was so stressful for so many!!

YES!! I love it.

Now all I'm going to sing all day is 'THEEEE GAAAAAAATE'

Omg, I would've right then and there too. When we got engaged I posted a picture saying "Don't know if I'm elated or gassy, but I'm somewhere in that zone!" ... But seriously I'm obsessed with the Frozen soundtrack and I need to see this sing-along!

It's so hard to stay up to date on TRs! If you're like me, you follow WAY too many and it's near impossible to keep up!

We actually JUST signed a contract for a venue last Friday and we have a date!!! August 27, 2016 here we come:cool1:!!! Are you dealing with as much planning madness as I have been?!

I'm DYING at your facebook caption:rotfl:WHY didn't I think of that?!

That is SO NICE! I have never seen VOL. Sounds like it is a must do now!

I admire your 3 country "drink around the world".. That's about as far as I could've got. I always forget that there are other places other than the Bier stand to get a drink in Germany.. after I've waited 20 minutes at the bier stand. ;)

I am envious of your wine flight. Looks lovely!

HAHAHAHA. I don't know why I found this hysterical, but I did. Good for you on getting both TT and your ADR done! I would've been just as worried. Sorry to hear you weren't overly impressed, but I'm sure being exhausted didn't help!

DEFINITELY make it a point to see VOL next trip! It was honestly amazing and I won't miss it on future trips!

Drinking around the world always sounds like great fun and then in reality...I realize I'm way too much of a lightweight to make it all the way. We're doing Food & Wine this fall and attempting it there will be an even more hilarious attempt with all the added countries...

That Disney exhaustion is so real...hopefully we'll get to try San Angel again one day and maybe this time not after attempting to drink around the world and running on way too little sleep...

I'm totally late to the game here... but truly :sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:. Waterfalls. Such a sweet proposal.

But yea, my husband was super weird and not chatty the night her proposed (not himself)... and then when he went down on one knee I saw it out of the corner of my eye and my first thought was that he was having a stroke and fell down (because he was acting so strangely... why else would he fall?!). :tongue:

Ohmygosh THANK YOU:goodvibes!!! I still think about the proposal basically every single day. It really was amazing and such a dream come true!

Joe was the EXACT same way. I honestly just figured he was either exhausted or overwhelmed by the greatness that is Disney World.

:rotfl:I'm so glad that what you thought was happening when your husband proposed wasn't actually! The actual outcome is MUCH better!!!

Alas, another great example of the less than stellar amount of great FP rides at Epcot. You basically take what you get when it comes to Soarin'/Test Track. Very clever to try the 5 minute early grace period though. Clearly this was the ADR to try all this. So very glad it all worked out! :goodvibes

FPs at Epcot are really tough. Although I have heard that now with FP+, attractions like The Seas and Spaceship Earth kind of need a FP now (Josh at EasyWDW just posted an update that said SE and Nemo had REALLY high SB waits the other day...:faint:)

That five minute early grace period AND the 15 minute late period actually helped us out on a number of occassions!

Oh man after all that rushing and excitement early on in your trip, you must've really earned that sleep! Good to know about the 5 min grace period
The caramel cookie you got looks soo incredible!

And SLEEP we did!!! I think we ended up getting out of bed around 10am the next day:rotfl:...with no shame at all.

The caramel cookie was good! I have to say my favorite thing we got was the caramel popcorn though...oh man!

Love this trip report! Congrats on your engagement

THANK YOU so much for reading!!!:goodvibes:goodvibes

Yes, calming, that's exactly what I would call it ...

Nice! I like the colors you chose!

Yeah, I don't worry about ADR times exactly ... maybe for the impossible to get ones, but for most ADRs, you do your best to show up on time, but sometimes you can't.

I hate that feeling ... when you're so exhausted that you can't really enjoy anything. I guess this means time to call it a day ...

... and call it a day you did. Yay for getting to sleep in - it's nice to get a chance to sleep in once in a while!

Yeah I feel better about my ADR crime after hearing from all of you awesome people. I guess it probably matters a lot less at somewhere like San Angel as opposed to BOG.

That is EXACTLY what happened and it happens EVERY trip. There just gets to be a point where you're SO tired that no matter what you do, you just can't enjoy yourself. Having that happen in Disney is a huge bummer but it's always better after a good night's rest thankfully!

Been there before, you go go go and then wall.:faint:

Hopefully a little sleep and some sleeping in will revive you and put you back on track!!

We hit that wall SO hard. The next morning we committed the Disney crime of sleeping in way too late but it was SO necessary!

So I've heard. But ASSp is a good layout, I'm sure you'll be happy anywhere :)

Twice Marie and I have had the same timing things with ADRs and TT FP+s. The only thing to do is suck it up and rush like your life depends on it afterward. I like to call it the TT/ADR mad dash (always to Japan, so at least Mexico is closer).

Your ride is super awesome even if the picture is a bit less so ;)

Hey, I don't blame you, it's not like you weren't planning on showing up and I feel like most places in Epcot aren't ever fully booked to the point where showing up late is a huge issue.

Food walls are the worst :/

The World showcase feels like the longest trek ever all the time. I feel your pain and understand heading back for sleep.

We really would be happy staying anywhere on Disney property. Except maybe in a tent in August...I don't know if I could handle that.

I was so unfamiliar with the TT/ADR mad dash but it is SO REAL!

That food wall was such a bummer. I know it happens every trip and I guess I'm glad it didn't happen at BOG or California Grill but still. I'm always bummed when I hit that wall!

LOL!!! I love that ride. Still I understand. Good job trying it once.

Oh man. Thank you - it was quite the feat:rotfl:

I love this trip report. I told my DB all about your proposal! That is so awesome! I love Wishes and cry every time I see it and I am guessing next time I do I will think of you :hug:

AWWW THANK YOU!!!! :goodvibes I'm so happy I was able to share the proposal with all of you who I know appreciate it even more! Wishes is going to be even MORE emotional than it was before - I didn't even think that was possible!!!

Wow what a full day. That's awesome you got to ride Soarin twice. I do t know how anyone could dislike Living with the Land so I'm glad Joe got it. That's too funny about your drinking around the world, maybe next time. I would live to do a pick a pearl in Japan although good too about pre-purchasing the setting. That's good you got some rest, no need to burn out after just four days.

Soarin twice was so unexpected and so AWESOME! See, that's how I feel about LWTL! What is there not to love?!

This fall we're going back to the World for Food and Wine and attempting to drink around the world during that with so many more added countries is going to be a hilarious attempt.

Two rides on Soarin that early is awesome! And I've always wanted to try the pick a pearl! I almost did last trip but I decided to save my souvenir money, maybe next trip. But I agree with only picking a few countries to drink around. It's probably more relaxing and you won't have to worry about too many drinks!

I was NOT expecting to be able to ride Soarin twice at all! I figured once we got out from the first ride the line would be ridiculous but it actually didn't start building until closer to 9:30 which was awesome!!

I think next time we'll still call it drinking around the world...because we'll make it around...but we just won't stop in every country...but we won't tell anyone that:blush:

We actually JUST signed a contract for a venue last Friday and we have a date!!! August 27, 2016 here we come:cool1:!!! Are you dealing with as much planning madness as I have been?!

Congrats! Our date is 9/3/16, so a week apart! We signed our contract in November because it's Labor Day weekend and I wanted to get it out of the way ASAP. So we did the photographer not long after that.. Then the DJ.. Then the videographer.. and I got a dress last weekend. We have an idea for the cake (it will be Disney themed lol). I didn't want too much Disney so we thought just the cake and the favors (I ordered a ton of WDW trading pins off of Ebay and each guest will get a different pin) are pretty much the extent of the Disney-ness. Any exciting planning other than your venue? That is the first (and biggest) step!

:wave2:HELLO! I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the fact that we finally made it past the winter!

We've been keeping busy over here! We FINALLY booked a venue and a date last Friday - PHEW! This past weekend I saw Taylor Swift in concert here at Ford Field and it was absolutely amazing. I'm still catching up on sleep from it!

Joe and I are anxiously awaiting September when we finally get to go home!!! I'm already SO excited:jumping1: We are having a HECK of a time getting BOG and Ohana ADRs. I signed up for one of the ADR watching sites a couple weeks ago and still haven't heard anything. Keep your fingers crossed for me if you can... I'm not too worried about it because I know people cancel and change plans as their trip gets closer but we will be two bummed out people if we can't get them:headache:!

OKAY - onward to Day Six!!!

Saturday January 10, 2015 - They Should Pay YOU To Go There

Because we had such an early night last night, we ended up each sleeping for TEN HOURS. And it was very necessary. I know that Joe woke up at 7:30 and I woke up at 8:30. So did we immediately pop out of bed since we slept in and get a start on the day?

...Nope. We lounged around for awhile; Joe watched some Sons of Anarchy (such a fitting show to watch in the most magical place on Earth) and I looked through our welcome packet and at some of the bounceback offers and briefly dreamed about booking a trip before we even left this one.

When I looked back at how much we walked the day before, I wasn't even a little bit surprised that we needed to lounge around and sleep so much.

IMG_5668.PNG

feet hurt.jpg

Such a first world problem.

We decided to head to Everything Pop for some breakfast around 10:30. In past trips, I would honestly feel like I was committing some serious Disney crime by not leaving the room until this time but
A: this was a LONG trip and I knew we needed break days if we wanted to enjoy the rest of the trip
B: I really learned this trip how important break days are and we will ALWAYS have them on trips longer than three or four days

So I wasn't feeling guilty at all...mostly just hungry.

DSC08823.JPG

And this breakfast platter remedied that. The potatoes that came with it were SO SO good! I wished I could have a whole plate of that...I'm watching my carbs, you know.

Even though we had the dining plan, we decided to pay OOP for this meal so that we could use our QS credit at lunch. This was a good idea except that once we sat down we realized they charged Joe a credit even though he explained he wanted to pay OOP. Fortunately it was an easy fix and they were able to reimburse us the dining credit.

In my notes, I have "dishwasher thing" listed next...and I'm pretty confused. :confused3 Moving right along...

We headed to Downtown Disney!

DSC08826.JPG

(Notice my earrings? My sister picked those up for me on her last trip. I LOVE them and wore them every day of the trip!)

DSC08829.JPG DSC08833.JPG

We enjoyed the atmosphere as we walked to our destination...and Joe especially would realize this was about the highest enjoyment he was going to get this afternoon...

We had decided to use our DisneyQuest vouchers this afternoon. I've been here before with my mom and sister and didn't think too highly of it then but I'm also not a big video game person. I thought I'd give it another shot with someone who enjoys video games and I thought, if anything, there's a Mighty Ducks attraction and that would be worth the trip itself for Joe.

Boy, was I wrong.

This was how Joe looked at me for the rest of the afternoon.

death glare.jpg

For our trip in September, since we took advantage of free dining, we had to choose between the Water Parks and More option or the Park Hopper. We chose WP&M since we knew we wanted to go to a water park anyway. Well, when I told Joe that the WP&M option entitles us to DisneyQuest admission too he put on his best death glare face and said "Cancel the trip." I'm pretty sure he was only half kidding.

Needless to say, this wasn't Joe's favorite afternoon and it wasn't mine either. I can see why younger kids/teens might enjoy DisneyQuest but the technology felt so out of date and I was so glad we didn't actually pay for our admission. I didn't think it was possible for Joe to hate anything Mighty Ducks related but after playing the Mighty Ducks game I realized I was very wrong about that!

Sorry to hate on DisneyQuest so much and I mean NO offense if you or someone in your family loves it. It just wasn't for us. Later when we were talking about DisneyQuest again I said something about how expensive it is to get in and something like "it should be $25 to get in there" and Joe shot back with this gem: "They should pay YOU to go there.":laughing:

I did get to pose with "Wreck-It Ralph" though so...that was probably the highlight of the afternoon.

DSC08836.JPG

The funny thing was that we actually had our longest wait for an attraction at DisneyQuest...I'm not sure if that speaks to the slow time we had traveled in or the the waits at DisneyQuest specifically:confused3

We did enjoy Cyber Space Mountain and, while our name didn't compare to Cloud Snake at Sum of All Thrills, we had some fun with Jolly Riot too.

We ended up spending an hour total at DisneyQuest which, if you ask Joe, was way too long.

Last edited:
Saturday January 10, 2015 - DON'T QUESTION MY DISNEY AUTHORITY

Oh, one more thing. A lot of the games at DisneyQuest just felt like WORK more than fun.

84e6fd8e5cece9e80d12707ab8c03584d2f08a87735b04d1b78fd2e918a1dcf8.jpg

Maybe?

The Jungle Cruise ride specifically led us to our next destination...Wolfgang Puck Express where we needed to refuel after all that work (only half kidding).

I got the mac & cheese and Joe got the pizza.

DSC08837.JPG DSC08838.JPG

I remember the mac & cheese being a little better. It wasn't bad by any means, it just didn't have a whole lot of flavor to it. I added some crushed red pepper and that helped. I liked Joe's pizza better. Good thing we're engaged and I can steal his food with no shame. FOREVER.

Have I mentioned how much Joe loves Mighty Ducks...

That dictated the rest of our afternoon.

Joe was really pushing for us to stay at All-Star Movies due to their Mighty Ducks section. I had to bust out the "I know Disney better than you card" and I forced him to be okay with sticking with Pop. I know some people prefer All-Star Movies > Pop but I'm not one of those people. I genuinely felt like Pop would be a better choice. Did he agree? We were heading to ASM to visit to find out...

I realize most people resort hop to The Contemporary, The Poly and The Grand Floridian but us? We were hopping to ASM.

DSC08841.JPG

I really liked the 101 Dalmations section!

But we weren't here for that.

DSC08842.JPG

DSC08847.JPG

DSC08850.JPG

DSC08845.JPG

Joe liked it but I think it was because he had to like it by default because it was Mighty Ducks (I guess this feeling didn't apply to the Mighty Ducks game at DisneyQuest). He did say he was glad we picked Pop and I held in my desire to yell "I TOLD YOU SO I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING."

Or did I?

smug.gif

DON'T QUESTION MY DISNEY AUTHORITY.

Up next...Ubers don't work at Disney and dinner with a view.

Last edited:
We are having a HECK of a time getting BOG and Ohana ADRs.

Haha, am I ever glad I don't do ADR's. So much stress, lol. But I certainly do wish you the very best of luck in securing your ressies.

Joe watched some Sons of Anarchy

Like seriously. How there was not some form of cross promotion or SOA Land or something is just so shocking.

I really learned this trip how important break days are and we will ALWAYS have them on trips longer than three or four days

I'm starting to get the appeal myself. Not even just necessarily for rest, but also to avoid over stimulation.

Soooo... just so I'm clear. Joe did NOT like Disney Quest?

We were hopping to ASM.

Haha, done that.

DON'T QUESTION MY DISNEY AUTHORITY.

athorita.gif

Hi there!

Just caught up on your TR and it's been super fun to follow along with you. Congratulations on your magical engagement. What an amazing way to pop the question - in Disney, in Magic Kingdom, while Wishes was happening! Totally right there with you and tear up every time I watch Wishes (Illuminations, too). I honestly think no matter how many times I see it, I'll still cry happy tears. Only some of us get to feel that good about being in WDW so I wear it proudly.

I just introduced my boyfriend to WDW last summer and we're around the same age, which means it's extra cool to get to hear how other couples do Disney. Plus, engagements are my newest thing and I spend lots of time fantasizing about a proposal in the world, so this is fabulous! I'm excited to follow the rest of your journey here. :)

Yay for a September trip! We'll be down there then too! Ohana has been such an issue, we have a reservation, but I wish the timing worked out better :sad2: I can't complain though because I got one! And I've been in Disney Quest once. We went on senior trip and all we did was roam around because the layout was so confusing, I don't think we even actually played anything. They tried to bring one to Philly, I'm glad they didn't. It's pretty rare that people seem to even like it!

Keep checking for BOG & Ohana - I've never done Ohana, but I've done BOG twice and both times gotten the ADR within 1-2 weeks of the trip.

I am so sad to hear that the Mighty Ducks attraction at DisneyQuest wasn't good. Anything Mighty Ducks should automatically be awesome, and I think they should have given you your money back! (not that you actually spent money on it with the vouchers...). I'm glad he at least enjoyed the Mighty Ducks section at ASMovies a little more (but I'm with you ... Pop is better!)

I LOVE MIGHTY DUCKS! I think i have seen each movie about 200 times! I am going to head to ASM sometime to check out this section too! I didn't even know it existed...

Sorry i just fan girled all over your TR about a movie that is 20 years old.....normal i swear totally normal

Last edited:
Congratulations on the engagement! :thumbsup2 I have to admit I teared up a little bit! (Proposal stories get me every time.) I have enjoyed reading your report so far!:smickey: We will also be going the end of September!

Hope your ADRs for BOG and 'Ohana come through. To this day we have never been able to get one for dinner at BOG - at least they have the quick service lunch as an option there

Longer trips we always need a few rest days ... plus it is much easier to be ok with doing things like resort hoping to ASM on an off day rather than taking away from park time to do that.

Disney Quest definitely needs an update ... unless they are going for the whole "this is a nostalgic look at what the future of gaming was back 10 years ago) vibe.

Good thing we're engaged and I can steal his food with no shame. FOREVER.
... yeah, that's pretty much the main reason I got married ;)

I think with all the time and effort that goes in to planning a Disney trip all planners are allowed at least two "smug life" moments each trip

Yay venue and date!

Oh my goodness Taylor Swift! We're seeing her in July and are so excited!

feet-hurt-jpg.100283

Such a first world problem.
I'm dying at the accuracy here.

We have not made our way to DisneyQuest yet but we're thinking about doing it on our off day in November? Thanks for lowering expectations for me :p

That WPE pizza is where it's at. I could eat it every trip.

I know most people prefer Pop (in the Dis community) but having never stayed there, I cannot give a fair comparison. I can say I prefer the Sports to the Movies even if there are lots of cute sections over there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter