• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Secret Sands excursion question for recent cruisers (St. Thomas)

VAB2013

Mouseketeer
We are scheduled for this excursion next week. The description on the DCL site does not list anything about refreshments available for purchase. From reading reviews of this excursion it sounds like there is no food available but there is someone there providing drinks. Can someone who has cruised very recently confirm this is still the case? If so, what drinks were available? Are there beverages for children? I need to know so I can decide what I will need to bring with us from the ship. Thank you!

Edited to add: I just opened the section on the DCL site "know before you go" and it indicates bottled water and soda is available. That's enough to keep my kids happy for a couple of hours but if anyone has anything to add about this excursion that would be great!

Last edited:
We did this excursion on our Fantasy cruise in February of 2018. We did not see anywhere to purchase food/drink but there were people passing out free rum punch, sodas and snack mix (think pub mix with pretzels, Cheetos, etc). The adventure was only a few hours so my kids were fine with just the cold drinks. It was a wonderful couple of hours. The beach was beautiful and quiet and the water was clear and calm. Loved it!!

Enjoy!!

We went there this past Jan. They had individual bags of chips for sale. We didn't buy any since we had just had breakfast and were planning on having lunch on the ship right after. I had a rum drink mixed with some kind of fruit juice. It was good. We had a nice time there. I like that they only allow one ship there at a time, so it wasn't crowded. It has nice clean restrooms and showers to rinse off the sand. We'd go back there again.

So nice to read about this excursion- it wasn't even on my radar before. I've just booked it for our New Year's Fantasy cruise!

Also they had masks and snorkels you could rent, we didn't so not sure of the price. They also had pool noodles you could use. For those that have been to CC, the beach was similar as far as some small shells, nice sand. Calm water, so good for really young kids.

Here are a couple photos from that Port Adventure:
Looking one direction down the beach:

And the other-this is really as busy as the beach got that afternoon:

^^^Same when we were there, sigh, wish we were there now!!! Honestly I'm not sure why more people don't go to this beach. I know some other beaches are a lot more popular, but they also have more crowds. This is the only beach we've been to at St Thomas, if the other beaches are close to restaurants/bars maybe that's why they are more popular?????

Last edited:

So sad to hear this is an excursion, Last time we rented a car, picked up a picnic linch and had this place all to ourselves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter