Secret Partner Craft Swap Interest/Ideas

merimarie

Mouseketeer
Hello Disney Crafters!

This thread is to see if there is any interest and/or suggestions for a "Secret Santa" style craft swap. Partners would be randomly selected that you would craft for and send directly to them. I'll help keep track of everyone's progress and make sure everything gets sent out and received. A questionnaire will be provided to help you come up with personalized goodies for your partner!

If there is enough interest, I'll create a thread for signups! I was thinking an early September due date, to give everyone enough time.

Also, I'd love to hear suggestions on what to include on the questionnaire. Here's what I had in mind (so far):

-Willing to ship internationally?
-Any allergies?
-Favorite Color(s)?
-Disliked Color(s)?
-Favorite Disney Movie(s)/Character(s)?
-Any planned trips to WDW or DL?
-Shirt size?
-Items you like?
-Items you don't like/need?
-Name/Initials?
-Address?
-Anything else you would like your partner to know about you?

aym4Him said:
What if you are kind of a "one trick pony" when it comes to crafting?

Do you have pinterest? I have a board loaded with Disney crafts - a lot of them are pretty easy! Mine is the same username as here.

I could also help you come up with ideas and find projects that match your skill set, if you want to give it a try!

A lot of the swaps I've seen usually do a "size" requirement. So something like 1 large (shirt, bag, etc), 1 medium (picture frame, zippered pouch, etc) and 2-3 small (earrings, keychains, etc). The size can also be by time/effort/cost.

Definitely count me in!! This sounds like so much fun! :) I'm kind of the opposite of aym4Him in that I don't really have a specific go-to craft that I've mastered; mostly I just wait for inspiration to strike! I like the idea of being able to tailor the gifts to a specific person. I'm excited already! :)

Bluefox said:
Definitely count me in!! This sounds like so much fun! :) I'm kind of the opposite of aym4Him in that I don't really have a specific go-to craft that I've mastered; mostly I just wait for inspiration to strike! I like the idea of being able to tailor the gifts to a specific person. I'm excited already! :)

I'm the same way...I like to do a little bit of everything....except anything with yarn, haha!

I'm the same way...I like to do a little bit of everything....except anything with yarn, haha!

I have no experience with textiles but I'd love to learn! A new friend says she will teach me knitting, which I'm very excited about :) I'd love to learn sewing so I could make stuffed animals.

I am willing to try but can't spend much. We are in Disney debt :P. If it's better I sit this one out, I'm ok with that.

aym4Him said:
I am willing to try but can't spend much. We are in Disney debt :P. If it's better I sit this one out, I'm ok with that.

That's totally up to you! I would hope no one would spend too terribly much!

Someone gave me an idea for something to make. I have an idea for something else, too.

The hamster is turning the wheel!! Ha!

I have a trip in September to DW to go to MNSSHP. My family are kind of Halloween freaks. I would really like Halloween stuff. Just putting that out there for my future secret sender.

mssong85 said:
When are official sign ups going to be?

What are the dates of your trip? I didn't want to overlap too much with the current swap for those of you participating, but I could go ahead and open up sign ups if you ladies are ready!

I have a trip in September to DW to go to MNSSHP. My family are kind of Halloween freaks. I would really like Halloween stuff. Just putting that out there for my future secret sender.

I adore Halloween :) :) :) such a great holiday!!! I know this swap is supposed to be secret and random, but if you wanted to give me mssong85 I wouldn't stop you ;-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter