Secret Nav. veranda cabins

jjgarv

Gotta get away to where the boat leaves from...
Thanks to Castawayclub.com, we now know about the "secret Nav. Verandah rooms that are mostly open verandahs at Nav prices. What has been people's experiences been in booking those rooms say 11 months out? Are they the first Nav cat cabins to go?

We're booked in 7120 for our next cruise. We booked over a year out. I think this re-categorization is less well-known than the so-called "Secret Porthole" rooms, which have been re-classified for a few years now. There are only 4 of these rooms, even less than the secret porthole rooms, so chances are they'll go pretty quickly as word gets around.

I think it's always better to book earlier rather than later, as that's when the prices will be lower.

We just switched to 6134 for our November cruise and it was available (obviously) as well as two others. I will let you know what we think of it when we get back!:) (64 days...whoo hoo)

Lisa

We have 7620 for our upcoming 10/25/03 Magic cruise. I'm sure it will be a great vacation. Haven't heard from anyone that has stayed in the deck 7 rooms (7120 and 7620) as yet.

Definitely seems like these rooms are not as well known as the SPR rooms. Or, they are not as preferred for some reasons. I noticed they seemed to be showing up as available for our 10/25/03 cruise until relatively recently.

How many people do these staterooms sleep? I'm all for saving a bit of money if it makes sense for us (2 adults, 2 kids)!

Carla

We have 7620 for our upcoming 10/25/03 Magic cruise. I'm sure it will be a great vacation. Haven't heard from anyone that has stayed in the deck 7 rooms (7120 and 7620) as yet

We stayed in 7620 in August and loved it. We actually liked it better than our category 6 last year. We thought the verandah gave us more privacy but really didn't obstruct much of our view. We will definately book this again. I do hope you get a different room steward though. Ours was not that good and only did towel animals when we actually left him a note and asked for them. Kim

We just switched to 6134 for our November cruise

lsmac - We also have room 6134 and we leave this Saturday!! I will have to let you know all about it when we get back.

Originally posted by il-gander
How many people do these staterooms sleep? I'm all for saving a bit of money if it makes sense for us (2 adults, 2 kids)!

Carla

My recollection (from a previous discussion - not from experience) is that they only hold 3. (We're 2+2 also - bummer).

We stayed in 7620 in August and loved it. We actually liked it better than our category 6 last year. We thought the verandah gave us more privacy but really didn't obstruct much of our view. We will definately book this again. I do hope you get a different room steward though. Ours was not that good and only did towel animals when we actually left him a note and asked for them. Kim

Kim - Thanks for hte information on room 7620! Sounds likethe rooms steward wasn't very much fun. Sorry to hear that. Hope they have gotten better. On our Wonder cruise last year our room steward did all kinds of towel animals. He was a shy person when speaking with him, but did a great job.

I do believe the four rooms we're talking about here can only accomodate 3 persons if memory serves me correctly. Shucks!

CindyBeth:
>>>lsmac - We also have room 6134 and we leave this Saturday!! I will have to let you know all about it when we get back.>>>

Definately, let me know how it is and whether you like being port side. Also let me know what the room steward is like.

Have a great trip!

Lisa

I just booked 6134 for our May 2004 cruise. Let us know how the room was. This room is only four down from our last room when we went on the wonder.

Since these rooms were originally cat 6's they may accomodate 4, Nav Ver's only accomodate 3.... I would ask.....

So glad I saw the Castaway Club Site.......

Just checked the ressie......

I am in 6634... Opposite side of the ship.... I actually like this side as they pull into Castaway Cay backwards so I have a nice view from my verandah of CC.

hey everyone , who is going to stay in these rooms

u have nothing to worry about except how u r going to spend the xtra money u saved was in 7120 no worries...............

peter

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter