Secret Green Club - whatever number thread

Danielle, my mother said the same thing, and she only had 3 of us!

T, have a great trip. I'm sure Nick will be okay, its just hard to leave, I know...

Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day. I did... except...Meag has been SUPER moody for 4 days straight now, don't know what is up with her. She acts like she is super tired but is getting plenty of sleep. We actually were discussing yesterday and we are wondering if this is hormone changes, etc. She is 13 but she isn't at all "developing" or anything... so hard to say. All I know is, she needs to get the moods under control before she kills us or we kill her! This morning she didn't like me telling her to get her shoes on, and she jumped up and down and stomped her feet several times, after which I got in her face and told her to stop, cause if she did that again, I was gonna have to spank her. Then of course she started bawling and apologizing for being so mad... ugh. I am certain it is no more fun for her than it is for us, but she can't be this bad for long, none of us can take it!

T, have a great trip. I'm sure Nick will be okay, its just hard to leave, I know...

Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day. I did... except...Meag has been SUPER moody for 4 days straight now, don't know what is up with her. She acts like she is super tired but is getting plenty of sleep. We actually were discussing yesterday and we are wondering if this is hormone changes, etc. She is 13 but she isn't at all "developing" or anything... so hard to say. All I know is, she needs to get the moods under control before she kills us or we kill her! This morning she didn't like me telling her to get her shoes on, and she jumped up and down and stomped her feet several times, after which I got in her face and told her to stop, cause if she did that again, I was gonna have to spank her. Then of course she started bawling and apologizing for being so mad... ugh. I am certain it is no more fun for her than it is for us, but she can't be this bad for long, none of us can take it!

Sounds like the year before last for us. DD was driving us crazy with the moods, the eye rolling and such. I think I have said this before, but I don't spank, I make them do physical activities, so by the end of the summer, she had a nice tan from being outside and very sculpted arms from doing push ups. I would ground her to outside, no allowed to come inside. I did not care what she did, go swim, ride her bike, take a walk something away from me. And then she did push ups, every time I got a "I don't know", "huh" or eye-roll, she was doing a set of 25 push ups.

DD is my step so I let DH do the spanking if it requires it. I just make her do other things, even wash my car. That was so funny to watch!

But it served two things, but most important, getting her away from me before I blew my top.

Hi Peeps!

Hope you all had great Mother's Day's

:grouphug: for T. Sending some hugs for Nick as well. Poor guy....he will be fine, but I know it is hard.:grouphug:

Oh and here is some :laundy: for later....you will need it!

I'm :lmao: at all the kid/parenting stories. Every day is a challenge!

:grouphug: and :laundy: gor us all!

Amen to that, T!!!

Brandi, I really rarely spank the kids, but for 4 days she has smart mouthed EVERYONE, hit her sister, stomped her feet, etc. She is NORMALLY the easiest kid to get along with, she's very curious about everything, but wants everyone to be happy with her, so doesn't generally give attitude. If this is what the teens years are going to be like, I think I'll have to send her to live somewhere else!

Amen to that, T!!!

Brandi, I really rarely spank the kids, but for 4 days she has smart mouthed EVERYONE, hit her sister, stomped her feet, etc. She is NORMALLY the easiest kid to get along with, she's very curious about everything, but wants everyone to be happy with her, so doesn't generally give attitude. If this is what the teens years are going to be like, I think I'll have to send her to live somewhere else!

I hate to say this but don't look for it to get better for awhile. Teen years for girls really do suck!

I like the push up idea....:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

She also did sit-ups, pig stools (where you put your back against the wall and bend your knees until there is a 90 angle. Kind of a seated position with your back to the wall), and riding her bike and running while DH is on the bike.

My thought was a little physical activity would not kill her! But just might save her from me!:laughing:

oh.....I may steal the push up idea.........

It works...

To this day if I ask her a question and her reply is "I Don't Know" I reply with "What does I Don't know get you" and she drops and gives me 25 push ups, I don't have to say or do anything else.

Ok just want to comment on the physical activity thing..... even though it might work it really is a no-no. It's called corporal punishment and considered child abuse.

Teenage girls are sometimes moody little monsters. :scared1: I would try another type of punishment or possibly get help with a therapist. :hug:

Ok just want to comment on the physical activity thing..... even though it might work it really is a no-no. It's called corporal punishment and considered child abuse.

Teenage girls are sometimes moody little monsters. :scared1: I would try another type of punishment or possibly get help with a therapist. :hug:

Corporal punishment is a kind of physical punishment that involves the deliberate infliction of pain as retribution for an offence, or for the purpose of disciplining or reforming a wrongdoer, or to deter attitudes or behaviour deemed unacceptable. The term usually refers to methodically striking the offender with an implement, whether in judicial, domestic, or educational settings.

This requires the use of ones hands or implements. Push ups are not considered so. We did them alot in the military....High school too....

My DD was like this one week in four. I knew it was hormonal changes, and she and I had a talk about how everyone else is stupid at that time. It was nice, because it got to be a joke. She'd go off on one of us, and I'd say, "I know, everyone is stupid." Then she'd laugh and back off.

Now, I'm having mood swings. Too bad my crummy shoulder keeps me from doing push-ups.

My kids would go in the freezer and get a push up there!
:lmao: I love you and your kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter