• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Secret Deck 7

earpiemom

Mouseketeer
Hi. We just found out that we have 7629 as one of our rooms. We have never been on deck 7. Can someone explain to me the "secret" part of deck 7
Thanks!

Here's a pic....the reason it is called "secret" is because it is all the way aft on Deck 7 and most people never travel down that way unless they have a cabin in the area.

secretverandah.jpg

I took this pic from over the railing at Topsider's on Deck 9.

P.S. They lock the access door to that deck at about 11:00 pm at night as there was some "hanky panky" going on!!!

I don't think it's so secret anymore. :lmao:

Last May, DH and I wanted to sneak back and check it out. It was empty when we got there, but not for long. Before we knew it, about 15 people had gathered out there for a pilates class. Then a big bunch of kids came back and were clowning around, so we decided it would be less congested on deck 9 & left. :rotfl:

We were in that room for our first cruise, loved that location! There's a quick walk up the "back way" to Topsiders, just take the stairs right up and you're there.

The only thing I didn't like about the secret deck was, there is no view when you sit on the loungers. I wondered why they didn't make that plexiglass...but if you stand, its amazing. Especially to watch the sun and moon do its thing off the water!

During our Magic Western cruise last December, our entire family of 15 was treated to a private party on deck 7(no idea who planned it, but someone on the cruise knew we were all celebrating my DD finishing chemotherapy) on the Castaway Cay day. We all arrived about 5 minutes before the ship pulled out of the port, and the view was great! It was extremely windy, though. Part of our party was a samovar of hot cocoa and cookies, and then, about 25 minutes before we were to leave for dinner, Captain Mickey and Minnie and a photographer showed up! I was in tears, it was so magical! Those pictures were priceless, and the photographer got everyone's combinations (even my dad and Minnie!)

Nice place for a party!

Secret = not advertised.

One of our friends is taking his adult children and thier kids on a cruise later this year. I suggested he and his wife book a category 7 in the area of the secret deck 7 and book their kids inside cabins nearby. That way if the kids really feel the need to see the sea, they don't have to go in the parents cabin to do it.

You know - it's not a secret if you guys keep posting about it :lmao:

nice cozy area to hide away in.

I don't think it's so secret anymore. :lmao:

Last May, DH and I wanted to sneak back and check it out. It was empty when we got there, but not for long. Before we knew it, about 15 people had gathered out there for a pilates class. Then a big bunch of kids came back and were clowning around, so we decided it would be less congested on deck 9 & left. :rotfl:

Just wondering - Do you think the Pilates class "reserved" the area or did they crash it. I would think it would be a great place to hold class, but did everyone have to leave due to no room/comfort?

We just got off the WONDER yesterday, and the one time we visited that area there was only ONE lounge chair with a lady on it. On the MAGIC there have always been many, just as the picture shown above. Maybe they took the chairs away for more than one reason::confused3 rolleyes1

I've seen Oceaneer's Lab activities held there...so it's not a secret! It is usually a quiet, pleasant place to hang out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter