Secret and Lies TV show

Enjoying the show, but I have a couple questions/nitpicks:

1. Did the dude living on the property actually have sex with the daughter? Her clothes were all over the floor. Did she just run out of his place naked and into her own house? He was trashed. Did he just pass out or actually sleep with her? And who is he? Someone said brother in law. I hope not especially if he just slept with his 16 y/o niece!

2. If you don't feel safe in your neighborhood because most people think you've killed a child and the ex is walking in your back door in the middle of the night, maybe it is time to actually lock your doors and keep your garage door closed!

3. I know the lawyer said he wouldn't take his case until he is charged with something, but it is absolutely a right to have a lawyer present during questioning even when you aren't under arrest. Find a different lawyer!

Just watched the first 3 episodes- this has got to be the worst show ever! Acting is terrible, the plot is ridiculously contrived, and Ryan Phillipe seems miscast as the dad.
I am sure that when the killer is finally revealed, it's going to be another contrived plot twist just thrown in for shock value, without any regard for plot or character development.

Last edited:
So we are pretty far in. Any guess who might be the killer?

Well the only one they haven't cast any suspicion on is the daughter, so my bet is on her. Or some other person who hasn't been on the show that comes out of the woodwork in the last 5 minutes of the show.

Well the only one they haven't cast any suspicion on is the daughter, so my bet is on her. Or some other person who hasn't been on the show that comes out of the woodwork in the last 5 minutes of the show.

Do you think the older daughter or the younger one? I'm assuming the younger one because they were already suspicious of the older one I think.

The show is pretty overdramatic but it's fun, mindless entertainment. They have pointed the finger at almost everyone on the show so far, so I have no idea who it will be. It could really be anyone.

Like you said, they've already thrown a little suspicion on the older daughter, so it would have to be the younger daughter, the one who clings to her dad, or some surprise vagabond murderer who we haven't seen yet who appears in the last 5 minutes of the show.
I watched the first 3 episodes, but this series is so bad, I've stopped watching!

Like you said, they've already thrown a little suspicion on the older daughter, so it would have to be the younger daughter, the one who clings to her dad, or some surprise vagabond murderer who we haven't seen yet who appears in the last 5 minutes of the show.
I watched the first 3 episodes, but this series is so bad, I've stopped watching!
To each their own. I really enjoyed it.

I'm enjoying it. It's a fun show.
I do hope they keep twisting things around to keep us off track and guessing.

Meh..it's ok but the cop is totally overacting her part. As if.
Just started watching the original version ( Australian ) and it's far superior.

Last edited:
The wide seems like the obvious one. The way the murder weapon showed back up with blood on it in RP's truck pretty well eliminates him from "reasonable" suspicion.

It'll probably be someone out of the norm - like the black neighbor who doesn't like RP.

So we are pretty far in. Any guess who might be the killer?
I'm going with the youngest daughter.

She showed a slight temper reaction with the boy during the celebration thing in town and she also said something to her dad about not knowing how she felt about the little boy's/her "brother's" death. This was when Dad was explaining why they couldn't decorate with lights outside, it wouldn't be right thing to do.
It's a wild guess!

Well, we can rule out anyone they have led us to think it was so far. So yeah, I'm going with one of the daughters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter