Second Year In A Row - Kidani #1

Thanks for the link. As a DVC member I don't buy the Unofficial guide or subscribe to the website, and I would imagine most members do not.

So to me this survey would most reflect cash paying guests and more than likely those that are not repeat guests, so the results do not surprise me at all and to me do not reflect what DVC members would rank.

Also they need to play their podcast back and listen. It is very hard to follow and they definitely need to slow down.

I will take the DIS podcast any day. :thumbsup2

Well, I can't speak for other DVC members, but I for one love both the Unofficial Guide and its website as well as Lines! I'm betting a good deal of DVC members responded to the survey. We don't all think alike but that's a good thing.
Also, WDW Today Podcast happens to be my absolute favorite! It might move fast but that's part of the appeal in my opinion! Great humor and great information!!

... He said that BWV got an "F" in bus transportation. That's a biggie for a lot of folks.

It's a well earned F too. I'm shocked that nearly a decade after I experienced them they still have the 5 hotels sharing: the BW shares the same bus with the Dolphin, Swan, Yacht and Beach Clubs to/from the MK. Not a pleasant trip when your the last stop either.

DH and buddies are there now for the EE Challenge and loving it! DH says he's not crazy about the specific finishings or how far it is from everything (hello?? just take a BUS!), but he loves the layout of the villas and the overall ambiance of the resort.

He even hinted he wanted to change to AKV from our beloved VWL at Christmas! :scared::eek::scared1:

I agree with this Kidani is our favorite thus far. Our upcoming trip is at BLT (never stayed there before) and it's hard to imagine checking in there rather than Kidani. However, I'm hoping we'll enjoy the location and TOTW lounge:goodvibes

This is great to hear,we will be there pin July went and looked at the resort before we left this last time, and fell in love with AKV.....:cool1: can not wait to get back to WDW.....Listening to podcast now popcorn::

We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Kidani. We are taking our kids and grandkids to stay in a Grand Villa there in 3 weeks and are looking forward to their reaction. They are monorail hotel fans, but I am sure they will become AKV fans after this trip. If not - we get it all to ourselves next time! I could stay in a 1 bedroom for a week and be happy never to leave the resort.

DH and buddies are there now for the EE Challenge and loving it! DH says he's not crazy about the specific finishings or how far it is from everything (hello?? just take a BUS!), but he loves the layout of the villas and the overall ambiance of the resort.

He even hinted he wanted to change to AKV from our beloved VWL at Christmas! :scared::eek::scared1:

Christmas at Kidani shouldn't be too shabby. I'm a VWL fan through and through, but here's what I'm anticipating: (these are Groucho's pics - I only wish I could take ones as nice :))

5426985698_452a68aca3.jpg

5424270418_5dc6ebefe6_z.jpg

Plus there's the amazing tree over at Jambo. I think it's funny how folk will say their favorite resort has "the biggest tree", but to me it looks like GF, WL and AKL all use the same base tree. They just have different ways of decorating them.

Yeah, I think the thing that makes BWV popular is it's location, but the parts people have trouble dealing with have more to do with how the resort is run. He said that BWV got an "F" in bus transportation. That's a biggie for a lot of folks.
So is the parking situation. IMO, it's worse than the buses. I give it a Z, LOL.

That said, I still love the BWV and the location. 10-15 minutes to walk to two major parks is a HUGE factor for us. Must be for a lot of others, too since it fills up so quickly.

Was also impressed with Kidani when we ate at Sanaa.

Glad I do not have to rank the resorts because each of them has a lot to offer.

We are BLT owners, but stayed at Kidani for the first time in March. We loved it! Can't wait to stay there again.

We love love love Kidani and are so happy that we call AKV home. We won't be back there until next summer, but it is an incredible place. And we love the pool bar too!

Why would you stay at Kidani instead of Jambo?
We really enjoyed staying at Jambo, and have not considered Kidani because of the mara, kids club, and easy access to boma.

We prefer the rooms at Kidani because we always get a 1-bedroom. At Kidani, every 1-bedroom has TWO full bathrooms. The points are low like OKW (for standard view) but you get the two bathrooms. With two teenagers, this is a wonderful extra. We also appreciate the sleep chair in the living room. My son sleeps on the pullout couch and my daughter takes the chair and everyone is happy and I am left with enough points for BLT later in the year.

Also, we feel that the one thing they really perfected at Kidani are the public viewing areas. You can see the animals EVERYWHERE. When you get off any elevator, you look straight through a giant window to the savannah. You can see animals from the restaurant area, from the fabulous porch off the lobby, even near the pool. So getting a standard view room is no big deal...

Jambo wins for food though!

Why would you stay at Kidani instead of Jambo?
We really enjoyed staying at Jambo, and have not considered Kidani because of the mara, kids club, and easy access to boma.

Many of us that don't use Myra or Boma on a regular basis consider Kidani to be perfect. It's a much quieter resort than Jambo with easier parking, larger rooms, and great amenities: fantastic pool, community hall, work out center, Saana, it's near to the basketball court (I think there's a tennis court there too), etc. Plus, if taking the bus, Kidani has 1st pickup when going to the parks which makes it MUCH easier for families with children or those who cannot stand for the ride.

Each to their own. :wizard:

I echo those sentiments. And will add that Kidani has a quiet, homey feeling. But we have also stayed in Jambo and loved it. we just prefer Kidani. That is one of the things that owning at AKV provides. We have a choice of two locations that are definitely different experiences.

We are looking forward to trying out Kidani for one night next September. I love trying out resorts where I have not yet stayed..

We've been DVC-ers for just a couple of years and are excited to try all of the resorts. Looks like we need to move Kidani to the front of the line next time we book. Counter service is of zero importance to us. :earsboy:

We are looking forward to trying out Kidani for one night next September. I love trying out resorts where I have not yet stayed..

You will LOVE it CarolAnn. Based on reading some of your posts in the past, Kidani is right up your alley. Can't wait to hear what you "thought" of it.

:woohoo: yOU EVER JUST GOT SO EXCITED ON dis bOARDS THAT YOU JUST WANTED TO SCREAM....LOL I can not wait to get to AKV...omg omg I can't wait

I personally love, I mean LOVE Boardwalk Villas.

Kidani Village didn't do much for me. I will say that the guy in the gift shop was really nice when I paid a fortune for sinus medicine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter