Second week of November-Jersey week

DisneyBoundinDec

DIS Veteran
Hello all,
we are most likely going to WDW next November 2010.. and was wondering about the crowds during the second week of November? 5-13.. and isn't that the same time as Jersey week.. We went for a week in December 2006 and LOVED it.. no crowds.. and we went again for 3 days last year in November.. and if I remember right.. it was pretty crowded.. at least more than December.. and I just being a crowd snob over December!:rotfl2:
Anyone go the 2nd week in November or during Jersey week and find it to be very crowded.. anyone going this year and care to report back!?
thank you!!

Hello all,
we are most likely going to WDW next November 2010.. and was wondering about the crowds during the second week of November? 5-13.. and isn't that the same time as Jersey week.. We went for a week in December 2006 and LOVED it.. no crowds.. and we went again for 3 days last year in November.. and if I remember right.. it was pretty crowded.. at least more than December.. and I just being a crowd snob over December!:rotfl2:
Anyone go the 2nd week in November or during Jersey week and find it to be very crowded.. anyone going this year and care to report back!?
thank you!!

I would be more worried about the first week of November. that is when Wyoming Week occurs. That can add tens of people to Disney World.

Jersey week is earlier this year. . .it will be the first week in November, so it's not always the same week every year. Historically, it does impact the crowds. . .although it's all relative. Still less crowded than peak summer and peak holiday. Not sure when Jersey week is scheduled for 2010.

I would not worry about the park being over-crowded during Jersey week. Not everyone from Jersey goes to WDW. :)

I thought Jersey week is the first week of November? We are goign in Nov 2010 and I was choosing the second week because Jersey Week would be over along with Epcot Food and Wine Festival. Is this not correct? When is Jersey Week 2010? I was planning to book soon!

Jodi

I wouldn't worry about Jersey week too much. We've been several times during the beginning of it and the crowds are very nice. It's the accents that give us fits :lmao:

I wouldn't worry about Jersey week too much. We've been several times during the beginning of it and the crowds are very nice. It's the accents that give us fits :lmao:

What da ya mean people in joisee have aksents? :confused3

:rotfl2:

We went during Jersey week when I was in HS (YEARS ago), and crowds weren't bad.
.....and I don't think I have a funny accent, it actually tells a lot about me, when I'm at a touristy place like WDW, people always ask are you from NY or NJ? LoL :lmao:

Folks, the teachers convention in Jersey is always the first thursday and friday of november. it hasn't changed in decades. if anyone ever reads this count on those days and that week to be Jersey Week.

No, the convention actually falls during the first FULL week of November - learned that the hard way years back when I had to change our ressie! So a Thu/Fri that are Nov. 1/2, 2/3, etc, would NOT be the convention week. Works the same way every year.
We've been to about 5 Jersey weeks - LOVE it - only waits are headliners. Just use FP and it's a GREAT week to go.

We were there that week last year and the crowds were low! Didn't wait longer than 10 minutes for anything! This year, we are going the 13th-20th!

We went last year from Nov. 5th to the 11th. (I have also been in Dec several times). I will say that I think it was a bit more crowded than Dec. but very managable. The longest wait for a ride was probably a half hour and that was for Dumbo. Otherwise we were able to wait less than 15 for others. We only got fP for Thundermountain, Everest, and Test track. Hope this helps.

Folks, the teachers convention in Jersey is always the first thursday and friday of november. it hasn't changed in decades. if anyone ever reads this count on those days and that week to be Jersey Week.

I used to think this also, but a kind soul emailed me the link to the New Jersey Educational Association convention calendar-- http://www.njea.org/pd/default.aspx?z=1334.

In 2010 Jersey week is the first week of November, but in both 2011 and 2012 it's the second week.

In 2011 the days of the convention are the second Thursday and Friday, the 10th and 11th; in 2012 it's also the second Thurs and Fri, the 8th and 9th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter