Second week of March crowds

fitmom3

Lori
Can anyone tell me how the crowds were the second week of March? We are thinking of booking a Wed to Wed trip next March break. We could hit the park the first week and then March break just relax and do other things.

thanks

I just got back from WDW and the crowds were very high. Soarin fast passes were gone by 1pm and MK lines were well over an hour for most attractions by 11am! The mornings were ok except for the park that had early entry, then it was a mess! Hope that helps!

Anytime in March is ripe with spingbreaks.Some weeks are worse than others.Important to remember is alot of school districts no longer tag their spring breaks to Easter plus alot of schools have a week off in March followed by a few days surrounding Easter as well.Plan for crowds and be surprised if there aren't

It was crowded this year.

We've traditionally gone the last part of February, beginning of March, but chose the second week this year because of college aged kids spring break.

Don't know that I'd do it again, it was pretty crowded. Weather wasn't any great thing, either.

Still had a blast!

I did not think the crowds were bad. I did think the tornado activity and heavy winds and rain were bad. It rained so hard for 2 days that we could not walk from the Boardwalk to the Yacht Club without getting totally soaked. We were wearing ponchos and had an umbrella, but we still got drenched. We have been there many times before when we got showers, but it never bothered us. Just grabbed our ponchos and got out there. This was totally different. We blew off our dinner ressies at Les Chefs because we knew we would be too soaked to enjoy the meal.

Hope we dont see that again soon.

Oh and I forgot to mention the high winds. It was so bad that our flight home turned around and brought us back to Orlando. This was one trip we wont forget!

All that being said, we would probably go at the same time again because we never had problems like this before, and hopefully wont again.

Enjoy your trip.

We just returned from our WDW trip - there from Sunday, 3/14 through Friday, 3/19. Yes, the parks were crowded, although the beginning of the week was definitely less crowded than the end. We seemed to have overlap from spring breaks the final Friday.

We had our GAD certificates that we traded for fastpass cards every day of the trip (5 family members). That helped dramatically since we didn't have to rush to get fastpasses for the really popular rides.

We've been there during Easter week and Thanksgiving week in the past and I'd have to say that this week was not as crowded as those times. I don't know if it's the economy or the week, but I was pleasantly surprised at how un-crowded it felt at some of the parks, especially MK and Epcot. Don't get me wrong, it was crowded, but not ridiculously so.

I hope this information helps!

We were there 14-19. The parks were very crowded, especially midday. FP for Soarin' and Toy Story were gone by noon. Other rides had FP available most of the day. We were able to get a lot done if we were there for rope drop (normally 3-4 rides within the first hour), and also a lot at the very end of the day (stayed at MK until midnight). We used our FP strategically and never had a wait longer than 30 mins. It was difficult navigating the parks because the streets were quiet crowded. If you want a spot for the parades though, get there an hour before, those filled up fast!

This was last week? how funny. I live 18 miles eaast of Disney and didnt get any of that. The weather here is so weird!

I did not think the crowds were bad. I did think the tornado activity and heavy winds and rain were bad. It rained so hard for 2 days that we could not walk from the Boardwalk to the Yacht Club without getting totally soaked. We were wearing ponchos and had an umbrella, but we still got drenched. We have been there many times before when we got showers, but it never bothered us. Just grabbed our ponchos and got out there. This was totally different. We blew off our dinner ressies at Les Chefs because we knew we would be too soaked to enjoy the meal.

Hope we dont see that again soon.

Oh and I forgot to mention the high winds. It was so bad that our flight home turned around and brought us back to Orlando. This was one trip we wont forget!

All that being said, we would probably go at the same time again because we never had problems like this before, and hopefully wont again.

Enjoy your trip.

We just got back. We were there from Mar 7-15. The weekends were really crowded, but the weekdays were great! The weekend we left was the worse of the days. That Sat and Sun were very crowded. But, we still had those days during the week that were perfect! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter