• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Second time at Disney World, First time on a Cruise for DS and Me!

Missypyxi

Mouseketeer
I'm new to posting here but the TRs and PTRs have me very inspired, so I wanted to do my own in the hopes that I'll make a few friends and get some great advice for our trip!

It's 4+ months out (in February), but I am beyond excited for the trip we have planned.

Cast of characters:

Me and DH (married 6 years, together for 9), DS (5), and Mom (DH's VERY generous mom who we adore)

1531qgy.jpg

Us in MK in May 2011. My first ever magical trip to Disney after wishing all my life to go!

The plan:

Sunday - Thursday stay at the Polynesian, followed by Thursday - Sunday cruise on Dream

Sunday - Arrival and MK!
Arrive at airport around 10:00. Catch ME and arrive at the Polynesian by 12?

Head over to MK

6:50 Chef Mickey's Reservation

Return to MK for EMH

Monday - Epcot!
Must Do List:
Agent P's World Showcase Adventure
Soarin'
Test Track
AAA storytime, maybe
5:25 Garden Grill Reservation

Tuesday - Hollywood Studios!
Side note: Last time we went to HS, I didn't realize it was the first day of SW weekends. It was also the hottest day of our trip. We had a miserable time and missed everything we went there for because DS wanted to wait for 2 hours to see Darth Vader and the rest of the time was spent fighting the crowds.

Must Do List:
Toy Story Mania
Star Tours
Maybe - Magic of Disney Animation (I'm a kids illustrator and would LOVE this. The rest of our group, I'm not so sure.)

DH day is pretty much wide open. No clue where to eat (1 TS left on the DP).

Wednesday - Magic Kingdom!
7:35 AM Breakfast at 'Ohana

Then head to to Magic Kingdom!

Must Do List:
Tour Fantasyland (Especially Under the Sea)
See Buzz Lightyear (or Buzz My-ear as DS calls him)
Peter Pan
Small World
Dumbo
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
Astro Orbiter
Splash Mountain
Tomorrowland Speedway (more than once!)

Fireworks from AAA viewing area

Thursday - To the Dream!!
ME to Port Canaveral, check in to ship!

Must Do:
Oceaneer's Club
Golden Mickey's

Friday - Nassau!

Port Adventure:
Atlantis Dolphin Cay Shallow Water Interaction & Discover Atlantis

Spend afternoon on ship, ride Aquaduck while in port!

Saturday - Castaway Cay!
Port Adventures
Parasailing for DS and I!
Rent snorkels and hang out on the beach

Sunday - Noooo! It's over!

Cry a lot because it's time to go back home to cold, dreary DC area.
Flight leaves at 4ish PM

So, that's the basic plan for now. Any advice? I'm SO excited I've done nothing but read TRs, reviews, and my Birnbaum guide for 2 weeks now! I would love to hear what you seasoned DSers think of my plans, and am open to suggestions, especially for our 4th TS meal. :)

I found the door decor threads yesterday... I'm hooked! Decided on Stitch ears for our door, he's DH's favorite. And Gamma, who has an adjoining room, will get Minnie. So fun!

Yesterday, my mom said she was gonna have to cryogenically freeze me til February. I think she might be right!

SO excited to read your post...I am so excited about our cruise as well. It is so nice to go to he Bahamas in February when it is dreary and cold here.

We love to eat at the 50s Prime Time Cafe at HS! The fried Chicken is the best. Of course it's grandma's kitchen style, so it would be yummy. But you better mind your manners or the servers will call you out on it!

Thanks! I'm so excited too! We decided to use our 4th table service credit at Kona the morning of the cruise before we leave. Tonga toast mmmmmmm!

Never been to Kona, will have to check it out. Your trip sounds amazing and I am sure you will have a blast. We were at the Food and Wine Festival a few weeks ago, and are headed back next month for a Wedding. This time we will be staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge!! Think I will just soak up the hotel and not go into the park at all!!

Love reading you TR!

Sorry it took so long to come on over. Nice to see a face to the posts.

We love Kona for breakfast. I actually prefer the Macadamia Pancakes over the Tonga Toast. Just note you can get it at the CS at the Poly if you change plans.

I have never cruised before. Very much a "fraidy" cat!

We are going to Disney is December so if you have any questions about the World, please let me know I will check it out and or find out for you.

Forgot to add your PM was missing again... very sad about that.

Sorry it took so long to come on over. Nice to see a face to the posts.

We love Kona for breakfast. I actually prefer the Macadamia Pancakes over the Tonga Toast. Just note you can get it at the CS at the Poly if you change plans.

I have never cruised before. Very much a "fraidy" cat!

We are going to Disney is December so if you have any questions about the World, please let me know I will check it out and or find out for you.

Forgot to add your PM was missing again... very sad about that.

That's the 2nd mention of macadamia nut pancakes. I think I'm going to have to get those :) And what's going on with my PMs? Grr!

Thinking of changing our Ohana breakfast to Tuesday before Hollywood Studios so we can make it to rope drop at MK on Wednesday. What do you think?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter