Second spin off of the death thread: Do you believe in ghosts?

JennaDeeDooDah

My oh my what a wonderful day!
Many people were saying that they don't believe in an afterlife. Other's said that they believe that there is something, but they don't know what. Still others have a very clear picture in their head of what lies ahead. So, do you believe in ghosts? Ever experienced anything that made you feel the way you do? If so, stories, please! If you do believe, what do you think happens to make ghosts hang around?

Yes! We have at least one spirit in our house. He (we believe it is my dad) usually starts making appearances around this time of year and it goes until around Christmas.

There is a "light" for lack of a better term, that darts back and forth in the hallway - numerous people have spotted it.

My dad died in the house we now own. One night last year, I was asleep in bed (our bedroom is the room in which he died), and I heard my son calling for me. So I told him to come into my room. I sat up, opened my eyes, and my dad was standing at the end of the bed, watching me. I closed my eyes, opened them again, he was still there. I rubbed my eyes, still there. DS came running in the room, ran THROUGH my dad and hopped in bed. Dad still standing there. And then just like that, he was gone again. It was so comforting, but very eerie at the same time. I am often in tears because my IL's are both dead, my dad is dead, and my mom has checked out of my life for the most part, and it always makes me so sad that my dad never got to see his grandkids. But seeing him watching us like that - I know he can see them. Very comforting!

I don't know how I feel about ghosts. I am easily spooked and think that ghosts/spirits could exist but haven't "experienced" anything.

I really can't say. I'm the type of person that needs to experience something to believe it 100% and if ghosts do exist, none has deigned me worthy of a visit. I'd actually love to see or experience something that would 'prove' to me their existence, even though it would likely scare the ever living hell out of me. That said, I probably lean more towards believing than not.

I do believe in some sort of afterlife, although I'm sketchy on the details. :) My beliefs tend to lean towards reincarnation.

Per my response in the other thread, I have absolutely no idea if there's an afterlife or not. But I totally believe in ghosts. I know, that's kind of contradictory, but just because you believe in ghosts doesn't necessarily mean you believe that they have to be souls/spirits/whatever. They could just be some sort of random energy impressions without any consciousness or purpose. As to why I believe in them...well...I've seen/heard a few. Maybe they're just figments of my imagination, but in that case, I firmly believe in ghostly figments of my imagination.

Yes. My Grandfather is in our Condo in Naples I have lots of stories & so do my family & a friend that I took there. My Best Friend has come around lots of times. Once she sat on my bed & told me to tell my sister it will be alright the next morning I my sister called to tell her friend got killed in a car accident. and on my way to the Hospital to have DS our favorite song was on the Radio & it is a song that is rarely played.

Kae

Yes, I believe. I have had experiences in the past that can offer no other explanation & I even have pics. Also, when my mom was dying in the hospital, I finally went home to sleep for awhile & had a dream of two nurses in a room, I walked in & they said "she's fine, she is with us now". The phone woke me from that dream, it was my SIL calling to tell me that she just passed.

I was more into the ghost hunting shows & stuff like that until my mom died. Ever since, it's just not the same.

I do believe our energy goes on. When my grandfather died, it was sudden. I was about 11. I had a dream that night, before we knew he died, and in my dream he fell off a boat and went under water. I heard him tell me that he was ok and he would see me again someday.

When my other grandfather died, he had been very ill in the hospital. It was really terrible. I was about 13. My family being disfunctional, he was alone a lot and I felt very guilty for that. I told him over and over how sorry I was that I couldn't stay with him. He was intabated and couldn't talk and too weak to write. I had a dream one night about a boat and he fell off and went under. I heard him tell me that he was ok and to not feel guilty. Then he told me he loved me and would see me again someday. I woke up and looked at the clock. It was 12:07am.

I knew he was gone and had my mom call in the morning to confirm (my parents are divorced). I also had her ask about the time of death. He was pronounced at 12:04am.

I sometimes smell my grandma's house from time to time.

So yes, I do believe we go on in some way.

One of my brothers died a few weeks after Christmas. The following Thanksgiving I was at my dad's sitting at the kitchen table chatting with my dad as he was making some coffee. He had his back to me and the table. On a counter right next to the table my dad has a small tv that he often watches as he eats. He had a football game on at the time.

I am not interested in football but glanced up at the screen and in a flash for a few seconds my brother came onto the screen. He smiled at me, nodded then waved then was gone. To me that was his way of saying, "Hi sis. Happy Thanksgiving."

Made my day. Wish my mom would of done the same. Sure miss her. She has come to me in my dreams a few times in the past. Once shortly after she died. She told me they didn't give me a chance. She was referring to the young doctor/surgeon. Long story.

Then she came and discussing with me about my dad's new wife. Arguing with me about her age. She was correct. I asked my dad later.

Then the third was after my other youngest brother's second set of twins was born. She was in the living room standing next to me gazing down at them in their carriers. I said they are really cute aren't they mom? She nodded that she agreed. I told my brother about the dream and that mom has seen his babies. He was very happy.

I do.

For several years after my father died, all of us could, at times, feel his presence in the house. He seems to be gone now, but I think it brough my mom a lot of comfort for those years.

Certainly do. Always have, and can't imagine that ever changing. Actually, I believe in both actual ghosts and energy imprints. Ghosts are the ones that change and/or interact, and energy imprints are more like when a lot of people see the same exact thing in the same exact place over and over, like they are seeing a scene from history played out again. I grew up in a house that had "that feeling" about it, though i've never had any personal experiences. My mom has though.

Right after she married my dad, she was sitting on the couch and saw an older woman walk into the room, look at her, and then leave. It wasn't anyone she knew. A few days later they went to my dad's grandma's funeral, and it was her...same outfit and everything. (she had never met her before, didn't know anything about her, and apparently this was her favorite outfit)

Then after her mom died back in 2000, she was lying in bed. Heard the phone ring, but didn't want to get up. It rings a bit, then the machine picks up. She hears her mom's voice, and she's saying "Lisa...Lisa are you there? It's ma. Lisa? Well, everything is alright here." Obviously mom started running downstairs to get to the phone, but it hung up before she could get to it. There was a message on the machine but when she hit play, it was a blank one.

No ghosts...no afterlife...This life is all there is. Make the most of it.

Oh yes I believe. As a child I lived in a haunted house, my Dad still lives there. I lived there from 3rd-9th grade. We experienced many things there and my Dad never believed it was haunted, until he and my Mom divorced and she and the 3 kids still at home (we have 4 "kids" in our family but my older sis had already moved out) moved out and these things still happened.

I absolutely believe that those who go before us stay "around" and may make a more "defintive" appearance when necessary.

I have many stories, both personally and professionally, that lead me to think this way.

I don't believe in the supernatural, period, whether you are talking about gods, death or spirits.

I absolutely believe that those who go before us stay "around" and may make a more "defintive" appearance when necessary.

I have many stories, both personally and professionally, that lead me to think this way.

Care to share any? From what I know of you from all of our years posting here, I have to say I'm somewhat surprised. I'd love to hear some of your stories, mainly because I know you are one of the more practical and level-headed Disers - definitely not a kook! I don't mean that only kooks believe in ghosts...not at all...but I tend to put more stock into someone's stories whom I know to be intelligent and educated.

Yes I believe in ghosts and yes I have seen one. She is an older woman and also has been seen by my brother. She lives in my parents house and likes to cause trouble by making all their timers go off at the same time ( egg timer, stove and microwave timers) and also hiding my dads pjs.
She also hides things like knives or towels but they always show up again. She's friendly : )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter