Second Marriage Gift Suggestions

majimikate

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

Someone I know from work, (not in my office, but our main office, sort of ;) is getting married in a few weeks. We are friendly, and on many occasions, she has been wonderfully helpful to me with resolving work related things. I am not invited to the wedding, but would like to get her a small something. It's a second marriage for both, and they live together already, so household things are out. Her office is 150 miles away from mine, so getting something local is tough as well.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a gift? She's just a great person and has been so great to me when I've needed her I'd like to let her know I'm happy for her. Suggestions of all sorts are appreciated...thank you!

I would go with a gift card to a restaurant in the area. I would double check and make sure they have whatever one you decide on, but anymore that is my to-go gift when in doubt.

I like the restaurant gift card idea. It's also easy to put in a card and drop in the mail!!!

I know you said they live together and have all of their household stuff, but what about a gift card to Bed, Bath & Beyond or somewhere similar? I have been in my house for 20 years, but I still always seem to need something for it. New sheets, towels, etc. I just got new dishes....

I like to give 'experience-based' gifts to couples celebrating a second marriage (especially if they already live together).

A few examples: a gift certificate for a bed & breakfast, a local restaurant, a horse carriage ride, a museum/zoo membership, a national park pass, a gift certificate/tickets for a concert, musical or other event...something for them to enjoy together as a couple.

For my second marriage I got a painted dish with our names and wedding date on it, it was one of my favorite gifts. I'm a gift card hater, don't like to give them, don't like to get them unless they are specific. I like the idea of horse and carriage ride from a pp, or national park pass. Something to plant outside (bush/small plant) is always nice too:thumbsup2

When my uncle married for the first time, dad got them a very nice crystal bar set.

When my uncle remarried the 2nd time, dad got them a photo album with an engraved nameplate.

For the 3rd marriage, dad got the new couple a picture frame with an engraved nameplate.

for the 4th marriage, the new couple got a gift certificate to Outback. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter