Second Languages Questions

surferdude

Mouseketeer
I know in Disney, if you know another language you can inform them and get a flag on your name tag but I was wondering firstly if they recognize ASL? Secondly how much do you need to know (perfectly fluent, conversation)? I am taking an ASL class (ASL2) and would be considered Conversational and was wondering if I should mention it when I get down their (I atleast think you bring that up when you check in)? Thanks

I know in Disney, if you know another language you can inform them and get a flag on your name tag but I was wondering firstly if they recognize ASL? Secondly how much do you need to know (perfectly fluent, conversation)? I am taking an ASL class (ASL2) and would be considered Conversational and was wondering if I should mention it when I get down their (I atleast think you bring that up when you check in)? Thanks

Yes Disney recognizes ASL. One of the FT in my location had ASL on his name tag. There is a place you have to go to which I can't think of at the moment to take a test. If you pass the test they order you a name tag with the language.

Yes Disney recognizes ASL. One of the FT in my location had ASL on his name tag. There is a place you have to go to which I can't think of at the moment to take a test. If you pass the test they order you a name tag with the language.

Thanks so much Leeg!

ASL is done in person. You can call the language testing line in order to set up an appointment. Fluency isn't required just a good conversational ability.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

When are you supposed to tell them you speak another language? During your interview or after you get accepted?

After you start working you can call the line and get tested.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

When are you supposed to tell them you speak another language? During your interview or after you get accepted?

You can tell them at any time. You may either call or show up in person to demonstrate proficiency in the language.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter