• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Second guessong my choice.....

rachelp6

Mouseketeer
Im taking my kids to wdw in nov. We will be celebrating my 2 girls birthdays while we are there. My kids ages at time of travel will be, turning 6 on trip, 8, 10, turning 14 on the trip, and 16. It will be me and the 5 kids, 2 girls and 3 boys. I initially thought family suite at aoa, but then wanted por but since that was excluded from free dining decided to go with csr. By the time I would pay to upgrade the dining plan if we stayed at aoa and the price of staying at a moderate is about the same. Did I make the right choice? The family suites look so neat and I think my little kids would enjoy it but i like the thought of staying at a moderate. Any thoughts?? Thanks

I am struggling with a similar situation! Originally booked at POR Royal Room, but because of the FD exclusions, switched to CBR Pirate Room. I am not sold on CBR at all and am thinking about switching yet again to AOA Cars suite! I think it would be worth paying extra to have the extra room for us. It will be me, dh, 11 & 8 year old.
I hate that they excluded POR--we really love that resort!

Good luck with your decision!! ;)

Is this a first trip? What appeals to you about a moderate?

We walked through AofA (and I'd stayed in Little Mermaid about a year ago) on our last trip w/ kids similar ages, and they all thought it was so awesome, and wished we were staying there. It really is fun especially if you have kids who particularly love one of those movies. The Nemo pool is pretty amazing.

The distance of the pirate rooms to the main bldg is a deterrent for me from CBR, although I have no first hand experience with this, just what I've read online.

The moderate appeals to me because the price wouldn't be that much dif once I upgraded the dining plan at the value. But my hesitation is this: there is me and my 5 kids which is 6 total. There may be another adult flying down to join us for a few days but that's not for sure and don't want to plan around that.

Well, either way you would have two bathrooms which is a huge plus with that many people. Your rooms at CSR would have a small refrigerator and coffee maker but with the kitchenette at AoA you'd also have a microwave, if you think you might want to use that. To me, the biggest difference is that you'd have four beds at CSR while you'd only have three at AoA so you'd have a little more room for everyone to spread out. You'd have about 628 total square feet with two rooms at CSR compared to about 565 square feet in the family suite. We also thought the storage space in the living room area at AoA was lacking compared to regular rooms. Hope that helps! :)

I'd book based on which appeals to you most. I love CSR. Its beautiful. Great pool, they have QS at the pool as well as mug refills, and an arcade. Rooms are spacious. They have the best bus service too.

On the other hand, AoA is a lot of fun as well. Beautifully themed, vibrant colors. The suite would give a lot of room but I think CSR would give a bit more, no? 4 queen beds! 2 bathrooms!

Maybe take a family vote?

Well, either way you would have two bathrooms which is a huge plus with that many people. Your rooms at CSR would have a small refrigerator and coffee maker but with the kitchenette at AoA you'd also have a microwave, if you think you might want to use that. To me, the biggest difference is that you'd have four beds at CSR while you'd only have three at AoA so you'd have a little more room for everyone to spread out. You'd have about 628 total square feet with two rooms at CSR compared to about 565 square feet in the family suite. We also thought the storage space in the living room area at AoA was lacking compared to regular rooms. Hope that helps! :)

MrsM sees it the way I see it. This appears an easy decision from my point of view. I would likely be at CSR myself if it was my decision, with POR being excluded from FD. But my DW didn't want to stay at a "convention hotel" with a big IT convention overlapping our stay, so we are at WL. But for me, I see more room, more beds, more storage, and a moderate over a value resort. Better food at CSR with FD, too. But, with everything, YMMV.

Thanks everyone. I think I will keep it at csr and I wish I could take a family vote but I'm not telling any if my kids yet.

I know you said you don't want to plan around it, but keep in mind that if another adult does join you, you will be exceeding the room occupancy at AoA. I'd stick with 2 rooms at a mod if there's any chance of that happening.

I had a similar choice...do I upgrade for about the same. However, I elected to stay with a Value because I decided to treat my Mother-in-law and brother-in-law. But the suite seems like a good set up. I just elected for the value resort regular to give her privacy at night vs. just staying in a suite for us.

Have fun!!!!!

Love CSR and when my kids hit their teens it became their favorite resort!! They will love the pool area with the really long slide. They also have a smaller counter service option AT the pool where you can also fill your mugs!

CSR gives you FOUR Queen beds instead of 1 Queen, 1 Full Murphy and 1 Full sofabed. You still have two bathrooms but both will have a sink outer-room, AoA the master bath is all in one room. You will get 2 mini-fridges! great with the dining plan and bringing home desserts etc not able to eat.

Great transportation, largest hot tub on property, beautiful resort! I would be staying there in a heartbeat! my kids too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter